IGNORED

Mcinnes - Stay Or Go [New Poll]

Loderingo

McInnes stay or go?  

308 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How about a poll sack the board as well after all they appointed McInnes. And Millen. And Coppell. And as well are we or we are not £40million in debt?

Spot on Nick. The trouble is at the top and has been for a long while. The Board is very lucky that so many City supporters pay up front for STs. They can bank the cash and count them as being at the games whatever the performance on the pitch.

After years of following home and away I switched to POTD a couple of seasons ago...and as the form has been abysmal I've chosen not to put money into the pockets of the club's owners. If they want to spend millions running a football club badly I'd rather it was their money and not mine.

Can't see much improving any time soon.

As I'm not often at the matches I rarely post these days and I've not voted in the poll. If McInnes isn't up to the job it's not his fault he's running Bristol City...any more than it was Millen's that he found himself out of his depth...

It's simply not a valid reason to keep Del because we can't afford to sack him. First of all it's not true , Del is not on a fantistic wage and the compensation to sack him is peanuts to the wealth of SL a man who is worth nearly a billion pounds .

In any orgainisation , business or company if a Manager is costing the that business money and making mistake after mistake and the board could not see an improvement that person would be relieved of his duties .

If we keep Del as our manager we must do it for positive reasons . Eg we think he is the man to get us out of this position and he is the man to take this club forward if we don't think he can do this then his must go . We can't keep people for negative reason like we can't afford to sack him and we can't keep changing managers. If he his not good enough he must go.

Well we can justify the risk of appointing someone new on the grounds that relegation will cost us around 6 million we will then be governed by a much harsher FFP rule which is 60% already in league one, much stricter than what is proposed for the Championship. So the loss of 6million to our finances plus any fines/transfer embargos. Minus a pay off for Mcinnes. ( who says we have to fire everyone else?) is worth the gamble, because for all intents and purposes for the many reasons already discussed, we are relegation fodder. If we were to spend an amount against that, sure it's a risk, but it may give us a chance.

There is NO Guarantee as you put it that the current manager wont see us go down again next season. PNE had their worst manager in recent times in Darren Ferguson, they left it way too late when they did replace him. Phil Brown nearly got them to stay up, but relegation practically busted them because of the loss of revenues, and that was before the 60 per cent Wages to Turn over stuff came in. In short It's stick or twist, and Im firmly on the twist option for the myriad of reasons Ive already said, plus those here.

+1

Very much what I've said here before. No guarantees, but we give ourselves a sporting chance with a new manager.

Stick with McInnes and I'm sure we will go down - and far from rebuilding, will be pretty uninspired in L1 as well.

In my 30 years of closely following the fortunes of this club each time a manager approaches his demise supporter opinion follows the same course:

1. the first to lose patience voice their opinions loudly and are roundly condemned for not appreciating the costs of disruption or how long it takes for anyone to clear up the mess left by their predecessor;
  2. as the change lobby grows, the incumbent's defenders become more vocal in their demands for stability and more entrenched in their support; and
  3. in the final stages, those who have nailed their colours to the mast, finding themselves unable to maintain their defence in the face of overwhelming evidence seek to blame others - inevitably the players and/or the Board

Supporters of struggling teams all around the World see (or think they see) the same things (incompetent players who do not care whether they win or lose) and draw conclusions from limited evidence. In every case these conclusions are largely subjective and coloured by prejudice. Those who objected to DM's appointment from the outset need say no more than "I told you so" (conveniently overlooking Dave Jones' record at Wednesday perhaps) BUT those who "trust in Del" and "believe he will make a great manager" see someone or something else to blame. The invention of the internet has simply made it even more difficult for individual supporters to review their opinions on the basis of the evidence and perhaps admit they might have been wrong because others can remind them of what they once said. Changing one's mind is said to be a sign of weakness BUT ignoring the evidence must at best be foolish??

It seems to me that the switch over recent weeks from 80/20 in favour of retention to 50/50 can only be the result of 30% being big enough to admit they were wrong - of the remaining 50% there may be a few who are convinced (perhaps rightly) that whatever circumstances the club finds itself in DM is as good or better that any likely alternative. These few (given the chance) will continue to back DM through seasons of mediocre League 1 performance in front of 8,000 crowds but I suspect that many more will turn against DM in January, February, April or October of next year when there is still no tangible evidence of the hidden talents they have convinced themselves DM has.

As I have said before - there are better squads of players in the Championship (but also worse) and there are larger budgets in the Championship (but also smaller). Most of our players have played in the Championship with reasonable success in the past and most will play in the Championship with reasonable success in the future. It really is not very likely that the players are involved in some conspiracy against the current management team and even less likely that they care not whether they win or lose or are ambivalent to the opinions of supporters. However, for those that believe the conspiracy theory - is there really an effective solution which involves retention of DM??

It is true that the Board of Directors is responsible for the appointment of DM (and those that preceded him) and this may present a case to the shareholders for a vote of no confidence BUT a new Board of Directors will not turn a bad managerial appointment into a good one. Personally, I find it absurd to suggest that a new manager cannot get a better performance from the players BUT a change at Board level could in some way turn blind faith in DM's ability into results. As in all other walks of life - whilst the Board of Directors is ultimately responsible it has very few precision tools at its disposal for improving results - it must back its chosen manager to the maximum until it loses faith in that manager's ability - at which point it must act quickly and decisively. Procrastination is a killer!

I was in favour of DM's appointment and he ****il recently) talks a good game BUT his decision making is becoming irrational and his position untenable

• flash in the pan victory on Teeside - bring back top-scorer at Brighton - publicly admits he was wrong and reverts to Taylor at half-time once the game is lost
  • picks as close to the successful Middlesboro team as possible for Wolves at home - gets well beaten and criticised for not playing 2 up top at home
  • strongly defends his Wolves formation and then completely out of the blue plays 4:4:2 at Hillsborough
  • freak win against Wednesday - retains same team for Derby - the two in midfield overrun yet again - fails to get a foothold in the game and takes no action (yet again) until the game is lost - presumably tells both wide players to play centrally to support the midfield - replaces left wide player (unsurprisingly the youngest and cheapest rather than the worst) with centre-forward (with two left sided wide players left on the bench) - centre-forward plays on left wing (and takes corners) whilst experienced left-winger (top scorer) plays as target man (although DM has publicly acknowledged he doesn't have the work rate to play the role)

I'm not sure I have ever seen a manager so publicly displaying the absence of a clue - is it really any surprise the players appear to have little confidence?

If anyone has seen anything to suggest DM has what it takes to achieve any more in January than he has so far or anything to suggest he is the man to build a new squad for League 1 on a wage budget of less than a third of last season's then please enlighten us. Otherwise, whatever the expense he surely must go now. A need for stability (although clearly present) cannot excuse flogging a dead horse.

It is true that the Board of Directors is responsible for the appointment of DM (and those that preceded him) and this may present a case to the shareholders for a vote of no confidence BUT a new Board of Directors will not turn a bad managerial appointment into a good one. Personally, I find it absurd to suggest that a new manager cannot get a better performance from the players BUT a change at Board level could in some way turn blind faith in DM's ability into results. As in all other walks of life - whilst the Board of Directors is ultimately responsible it has very few precision tools at its disposal for improving results - it must back its chosen manager to the maximum until it loses faith in that manager's ability - at which point it must act quickly and decisively. Procrastination is a killer!

All good points Timbo. And well made.

But on the Board...I don't believe that a change at Board level is going to happen and so there is no scenario in which DM continues with a new Board, if that's what you are implying. I don't think that should stop supporters questioning whether they have faith in the current set up.

My opinion is that whatever strategic focus was there during the GJ years was lost the moment Coppell walked out...from that point it's been very hard to understand what the Board is trying to achieve...and evidence suggests that whatever success they may have in other walks of life the key players at Board level lack the skills and experience to run a football club successfully.

But I appreciate that my opinion counts for nothing. The majority shareholder will do whatever he likes until he sells up.

Cant always get what you want, sometimes you have to go with what you have, unless one of the outers want to buy Steve and Derek out of course, and then ........................there are no guarantees any other manager could guarantee we will not go down.

Steve and Derek will never give up on this club f.f.s we are 4 from the bottom and not 20 points adrift.

Lose to Ipswich we will be 8 points adrift and in the same position as when Millen was sacked. It didn't worry the board then, so why should it worry them now. I think after he loses the Ipswich game, then SL will think again.

I reckon we need a new manager but the stability of the club has to come first paying off Del boy and his staff then bringing in a new manager an this staff will not help the club with FFP round the corner more losses of 18m and SL would surely leave as he cant keep wasting his own hard earnt money on us. Unfortunately he has to stay.

I reckon we need a new manager but the stability of the club has to come first paying off Del boy and his staff then bringing in a new manager an this staff will not help the club with FFP round the corner more losses of 18m and SL would surely leave as he cant keep wasting his own hard earnt money on us. Unfortunately he has to stay.

But how can he stay? - unless there is belief in him turning it around (either now or in League 1) there is nothing - the stark choice seems to be between continuing to pay him to fail and paying him now to depart - there seems to be no valuable return either way

I cant believe DM has 51% to stay. Ridiculous

I can't either. Are people really content with watching a clueless rabble getting totally outclassed week after week ?

Why wait til January to wield the axe, that's too bloody late.

Before anyone asks, no I don't know who might available to come in as manager (I have a full time job of my own to do) but you can bet theres someone out there. We have a full time "professional" board now. It's time to start showing it.

I wonder if the people voting for him to leave are the people shouting, "Ooir Derek, fark off back to Scotland, gurt Pitman on!!!".

The results of this poll are shocking. What do people expect? Us to sign José Mourinho, and start signing world class players? Get out, we don't have the money to be sacking Derek. Lest we make the same mistakes as our Rovers friends, and keep sacking managers and wasting money that could be spent on bringing decent players in.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="JammyOne" data-cid="1682391" data-time="1355661809"><p>

I wonder if the people voting for him to leave are the people shouting, "Ooir Derek, fark off back to Scotland, gurt Pitman on!!!".<br />

<br />

The results of this poll are shocking. What do people expect? Us to sign José Mourinho, and start signing world class players? Get out, we don't have the money to be sacking Derek. Lest we make the same mistakes as our Rovers friends, and keep sacking managers and wasting money that could be spent on bringing decent players in.</p></blockquote>

Not Mourinho, just someone who knows how to manage a football team would be nice. I'd wager that sacking McInnes would be cheaper than spending years in League One, which is where we're going.

I wonder if the people voting for him to leave are the people shouting, "Ooir Derek, fark off back to Scotland, gurt Pitman on!!!".

The results of this poll are shocking. What do people expect? Us to sign José Mourinho, and start signing world class players? Get out, we don't have the money to be sacking Derek. Lest we make the same mistakes as our Rovers friends, and keep sacking managers and wasting money that could be spent on bringing decent players in.

No, I don't think Pitmans up to it either.

I don't expect the special one, but give over, we are still a professional club and we don't appear to have any professional nouse on the pitch at all. So many teams look like they can just step it up and win when they want to. I felt embarrassed yesterday, at times they were so dominant it felt like we were playing Man United away.

The performances have been way below anything remotely acceptable. We can't keep changing managers, but we can't keep employing no hopers that nobody wants to sign for either. The board have have to step up to the plate and put this right.

Get out, we don't have the money to be sacking Derek. Lest we make the same mistakes as our Rovers friends, and keep sacking managers and wasting money that could be spent on bringing decent players in.

Scroll up and read Ralph Milne's last post. We don't have the money to afford to go down and play under L1's far harsher FFP guidelines.

If McInnes goes we have a chance of staying up. If he stays, not a hope, in my opinion.

Me too.. he's doing much much worse than Millen yet he was turned on by nearly everyone.. strange fans we have..

Not in the slightest.

McInnes has proved a level of success with the Saints so he has far more kudos than Millen ever had. Admittedly, that is fast running out.

In every department Millen simply did not inspire and was on a hiding to nothing from the start.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="havanatopia" data-cid="1682530" data-time="1355675466"><p>

Not in the slightest.<br />

<br />

McInnes has proved a level of success with the Saints so he has far more kudos than Millen ever had. Admittedly, that is fast running out.<br />

<br />

In every department Millen simply did not inspire and was on a hiding to nothing from the start.</p></blockquote>

In every department Milled did not inspire. Much like McInnes then. And past glories are irrelevant to our predicament

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="havanatopia" data-cid="1682530" data-time="1355675466"><p>

Not in the slightest.<br />

<br />

McInnes has proved a level of success with the Saints so he has far more kudos than Millen ever had. Admittedly, that is fast running out.<br />

<br />

In every department Millen simply did not inspire and was on a hiding to nothing from the start.</p></blockquote>

In every department Milled did not inspire. Much like McInnes then. And past glories are irrelevant to our predicament

I was replying to a comparison between two men not to our current predicament.

Archived