IGNORED

Mcinnes - Stay Or Go [New Poll]

Loderingo

McInnes stay or go?  

308 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The next 3 games could decide the future of McInnes, we're now down to that scenario in my opinion. Its a convenient break point being the end of the year, midway through the season, and the transfer window about to open.

If I were a board member I'd be looking at potential outcomes and options at this time, and deciding which option to take depending on the nature and outcome of those 3 games and factoring in the costs involved in getting rid of McInnes and his staff against probable relegation.If the Gas had gone down to a fighting last minute loss of 1-2 yesterday, then McGhee would still be in a job. But a wimpy 1-4 thrashing was the last straw. It could be the same for McInnes in the next 3 games (I think we'll lose all 3, its obvious that the management can't organise the team defensively and we're relying on the opposition having an off day).

I'd now be looking at a list of decent managers with a proven CV for this sort of situation, just like Ipswich did. And I'd be sounding them out at this time, just like Ipswich must have done. McCarthy is a brilliant appointment for them and he will get them up the table. Instead of more money going on more average players in January, the money could be invested in an experienced manager who can get the most out of what we have, field a balanced, organised and committed team, and get us out of this mess.

Big problem though - I can't think of anyone of similar calibre to McCarthy who is available or would come here if they are employed...

Not a good position for the board to be in and more so for McInnes.

On the face of it, nor can I.... but I can think of plenty who could instil shape, organisation and discipline to the team as well as ensuring that individuals at the very least covered the fundamental basics of their duties... things that McInnes would appear desperately incapable of.

He should keep his job until end of Jan. Then if no improvement he should go.

That would be the worst time to do it. If the board were to get rid of him , and it doesn't look likely , the end of December would make more sense. Any potential new manager will need to be able to wheel and deal in January.

first time i have ever voted "sack" in one of these polls, and from the look of the vote i am not the only one

he talks a good talk and everything off the field seems to be tremendous with only a question mark remaining regarding scouting, but the development of the youth set up etc is excellent. however his selections, substitutions and downright refusal to drop out of form players (thus hammering their confidence even further) or address the problem of the hoofball on show (worryingly raising the issue of whether its actually how he wants city to play) is seriously troubling.

the danny wilson issue is downright bizarre, given that we have an under 21 squad and the likes of james wilson around, especially with the clubs financial limitations. unfortunately i do worry that he is going to waste yet more money in january (the likes of morris, anderson, keinan, wilson etc) and put this club into real, serious long term trouble

All of the off field changes can go ahead without Del ie changes to youth setup and scouting.

It's not a reason to keep him at all.

If we do lose to Ipswich and Watford then the board surely have to pull the trigger. Dawe and Jon L come across as quiet and timid so I really hope they have the balls to do what's required. Though I'm sure Steve would have a role in doing the deed.

Nothing is sadder than those fans who assert "there are no good managers out there". take a look through the substantial list of out-of-work gaffers and note the many who have achieved great things at other clubs. Then there is the prospect of luring away a successful manager from a lower league club.

Yes, it's expensive to sack a man under contract, but as has been repeatedly pointed out, it's more expensive to be relegated. Steve L will need to dig deep and buy into success. A good manager can accomplish things with mediocre players, but a poor one will struggle with even a quality line-up. Our recent history shows it's one financial decision we cannot afford to take the cheap option with.

For myself, I turned from a 'give him time' man to a 'he's got to go' voter after the Wolves match.

There are a myriad reasons, but at the base of it, it's that he's taken players who have looked good elsewhere and made them look very ordinary. Uninspiring leadership and terrible coaching must be to blame. For example: we can now scarcely take a corner, yet alone defend one. Players don't know what they are being asked to do, they may study match videos - but they clearly aren't being coached to avoid the mistakes they see in them, and some players are simply being asked to do things they can't - and we are wasting their potential.

I'm sure that poll is being manipulated in some way (it would be better if you could see the voters' names) because in my recent experience something like 85% of supporters now think McInnes must go.

Nothing is sadder than those fans who assert "there are no good managers out there". take a look through the substantial list of out-of-work gaffers and note the many who have achieved great things at other clubs. Then there is the prospect of luring away a successful manager from a lower league club.

Yes, it's expensive to sack a man under contract, but as has been repeatedly pointed out, it's more expensive to be relegated. Steve L will need to dig deep and buy into success. A good manager can accomplish things with mediocre players, but a poor one will struggle with even a quality line-up. Our recent history shows it's one financial decision we cannot afford to take the cheap option with.

For myself, I turned from a 'give him time' man to a 'he's got to go' voter after the Wolves match.

There are a myriad reasons, but at the base of it, it's that he's taken players who have looked good elsewhere and made them look very ordinary. Uninspiring leadership and terrible coaching must be to blame. For example: we can now scarcely take a corner, yet alone defend one. Players don't know what they are being asked to do, they may study match videos - but they clearly aren't being coached to avoid the mistakes they see in them, and some players are simply being asked to do things they can't - and we are wasting their potential.

I'm sure that poll is being manipulated in some way (it would be better if you could see the voters' names) because in my recent experience something like 85% of supporters now think McInnes must go.

Not sure about that RR , most of the fans I know want him to stay and make a go of it. You've said yourself , you only changed your mind after the Wolves game , so I'm sure there are many who wanted to stick with him in earlier polls , who have not changed their minds and are still backing him.

For me , the next 3 games are vital , and even more so the 2 home games over Christmas. If we dont take 4 points from those 2 , given that the crowds should be quite large and vocal , I think he'll be gone.

Christ, one win against a poor side with 10 men for 70 odd minutes he's the new mourinho.

I'll just say if barnsley get O'driscoll i'll be mortified.

Why ?

You've already informed us on two different threads that Liverpol are your favourite team and Blackburn are your second team.

Christ, one win against a poor side with 10 men for 70 odd minutes he's the new mourinho.

I'll just say if barnsley get O'driscoll i'll be mortified.

not the poor side that stuffed Cardiff and Wolves; and 10 men normally hold their own against 11 and sometimes play even harder; give the guy some credit he stuck with it and made tough decisions; Get used to it DM`s here to stay.

not the poor side that stuffed Cardiff and Wolves; and 10 men normally hold their own against 11 and sometimes play even harder; give the guy some credit he stuck with it and made tough decisions; Get used to it DM`s here to stay.

Lets see how he does in the next few games and the jan transfer window. Then i'll try to get use to the idea that he's here to say.

Archived