IGNORED

Match Thread. Tractor Boys Vs City

Tom

Seems that Ipswich have worked out if they stick a corner deep into our six yard box our keeper will stay on his line and they have a great chance of scoring. As I've said before Goalkeeping is more than just making good saves.

Our they could stick a corner into our box and we fail to clear the ball as per usual.

Strange how you and other negatives on this forum use a City negative to enhance your told you so approach - which highlights it's all about your ego and not City...

Not at all...I just say it how I find it.

Look, I'm just very bitter at the fact McInnes did not strengthen the important areas in the summer, whilst at the same time wasting money on players he doesn't play.

Sounds like Davies for Stead could be the answer for 2nd half with all the chances. I rate Stead, but it seams that today isn't his day

Yup, think this could be the answer. Steady just can't seem to find the back of the net.

Anyone know where I can find an up to date Championship table?

http://live.skysports.com/ScoreCentre/football.html We're joint bottom with P'Boro

If the defenders are lying deep the Keeper should be shouting at them to push up.

Heaton does not stop shouting! He can't physically go and push them, ultimately.

And if they're lying deep on the manager's orders?

Any Manager that tells his defenders to tread on his keepers toes shouldn't be in the job. You may have a point thinking about it!!

However deep a team is playing the keeper should still be controlling his six yard box.

I'm talking as someone whose son played a good standard in goal and whose Grandson is an Academy keeper so I do know a little bit about goalkeeping to be fair.

Archived