IGNORED

Back Or Sack Del

Dynamite Red

Back or Sack  

300 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is this the same SL who bowed to pressure when fans started voicing opinions about tinman and Millen.

Trust be, when murmurings become a crescendo, and it looks like potd and st sales will fall, SL will boot, the guy won't forgo revenue for one inept manager

and then what/who? cutting your nose off to spite your face comes to mind; we just go around and around, as you say Tinman,Millen, Copout,Millen, Dm......................... what makes you think we will get anything better next time?

If they are going to do it they have to act now. Saturday is a pretty meaningless game for us given our league position, so the board have a bit of time before Leicester Sat week to have a new man in place.

We have not won a single cup game in over 4 years, and we need as much money as possible. However this Saturday was the time to change the squad up, not today.

I'm not so sure Di Cannio will be on an expensive package at Swindon. They have conceded by far the fewest in their league (18 compared to 50 for us) and still score freely. He's also done wonders on a minimal budget with a 50% win ratio. He'd bring a smile back to the Club but he strikes me as a loyal person and might want to see things through at Swindon. There are risks with appointing him but it would create excitement and optimism.

Not sure he is on a minimal budget, they have some heavy hitting financial backers, and already had a transfer embargo enforced on them this season for player purchases

Dont think anyone will listen to us,i think its the clubs strategy is to get RELEGATED and totally rebuild from top to bottom, if del was to go then so would most of the jocks already bought in to the management team,if rumours are to believed that our top goal scorer is going out on loan it just proves the club is taking a step down ,on the plus a lot of the over rated and over paid players will be on their way hopefully reducing our debts.

and then what/who? cutting your nose off to spite your face comes to mind; we just go around and around, as you say Tinman,Millen, Copout,Millen, Dm......................... what makes you think we will get anything better next time?

No guarantees, better than festering and going down without a fight with a clueless manager, who seems hell bent on alienating players he has signed!

At the moment it is worth a shot. The guy does not and seems he doesn't want to learn from his mistakes

It can't get any worse, we are down with Del in charge, we may be down with someone else in charge but at least we would have hope of coming back... in Del I have no faith left whatsoever (and I did support his appointment at the time)...

Dont think anyone will listen to us,i think its the clubs strategy is to get RELEGATED and totally rebuild from top to bottom, if del was to go then so would most of the jocks already bought in to the management team,if rumours are to believed that our top goal scorer is going out on loan it just proves the club is taking a step down ,on the plus a lot of the over rated and over paid players will be on their way hopefully reducing our debts.

Not sure he is on a minimal budget, they have some heavy hitting financial backers, and already had a transfer embargo enforced on them this season for player purchases

You're right there about the transfer embargo and the point being is that he is done well in league 1 without being able to dip into the transfer market. It's often the case that promoted teams can continue that impetus in the following season (we did) but there's no denying he has succeeded in management so far. Also, with his awareness of league 1 & 2 he might just be the man to recruit some young, highly motivated up and coming bargains from these leagues for us in the January window.

Back him. Just. Mainly because sacking managers has never worked out for us long term. He needs someone in his ear pronto making it pretty damn clear that his constant chopping & changing of shape and personnel is going to get us relegated though. Hope he wakes up soon.

Its funny how fans opinions change by match, it was only a few days ago............. Facts dont change however; sacking DM and bringing in someone else would cost a bucket load, then whoever it was would require more for spending money, we are debt ridden.

Bringing in SOD or whoever would not guarantee survival or bring instant success...look at our recent efforts.

SL will not change course and will stick with his decisions.

Then he will continue to see his investment in this club slide down the crapper as simple as that!

You're right there about the transfer embargo and the point being is that he is done well in league 1 without being able to dip into the transfer market. It's often the case that promoted teams can continue that impetus in the following season (we did) but there's no denying he has succeeded in management so far. Also, with his awareness of league 1 & 2 he might just be the man to recruit some young, highly motivated up and coming bargains from these leagues for us in the January window.

I like the bloke, completely different outlook on football, and it's working.

One thing is for sure, players would not be getting beefedup on his watch, players would not continue to keep their place after poor performances.

I like his ethos about not liking to win when playing poorly, he'd rather play well and lose. Playing poorly and winning promotes the wrong attitude in the players which soon spirals into something far worse.

He is a breath of fresh air that football needs. I care little about his fascist tendencies.

Breath of fresh air sums him up and I like him too. Most of the best managers have had a dangerous, quirky streak to them and Di Cannio is no exception. I don't mean his Lazio political baggage which is a turn off to me too. I truly believe the main danger in appointing him is that he would be snapped up just as he started to turn things around for us. Would he come and would SL be bold enough to persuade to make a move are the two key questions.

He saved us last season by managing to sign a few players who made the difference (mainly Bikey).

This season, we haven't got anywhere near that kind of budget, so we have to look for free transfers (Bates/Mark Wilson etc etc) or players that are not quite up to it. Not McInnes's fault.

Fontaine has showed in the past that he is capable of playing at this level with the right players around him, not DMs fault that he is a useless **** this season.

McInnes cannot affect player form/attitude, if a player doesn't apply the instructions that he has was given before the game, then all the manager can do is replace that player from the bench (which he did today).

BCAGFC

Your first point is historic and is not evidence that he can do it again, but I would like to counter your first with real evidence, the rest of DMC's loan signings last season were piss poor and he really showed his total ineptitude by playing Wood out wide left, a player who under Kenny Jackett (not the sharpest tool in the box) proved play him where he is supposed to play and he will score goals regularly and then moves on for close on 2 mil, nice one DMC.

Your second point is interesting, so why pursue a player all over the summer and then give him a couple of games culminating on the humiliation of taking him off before half time today, Mark Wilson is shit and Joe Edwards a player he handed a contract extension to could have done a better job for us, Morris has been a joke, Mcmanus wasn't very good for us last season and Pearson is like marmite, so overall his summer transfers were pretty average to say the least, oh and I nearly forgot he blew a lot of the budget on 2 strikers, 1 of whom can't get a game and the other gets dropped after scoring 2 goals, great way to keep your main hope of survival happy.

Point 3 it certainly is DMC's fault keeping Fontaine playing when clearly the guy was not up to it and each performance was getting worse than the one before and again has culminated in not only taking the captaincy away from him but also another player ritually humiliated by being taken off at half time, a game he should never have been selected for, again nice one DMC.

Your 4th point in fact sums up everything that is going wrong, the players are totally and utterly confused and bewildered, every single week the tactics, formations and instructions change and the players are incapable of taking the instructions in and then implementing them, that is not their fault that is his fault, stop the ******* tinkering and pick your best 11 players in system that works like ummmmmm Peterborough and the 2nd half today. One thing DMC can affect with these players is to stop humiliating players by dropping them after a good performance to tinker and usually a tinker that fails or humiliating them by taking players off early because he has ****** up his tactics and I bet his dressing room is a rancid place at the moment, I suspect he is fast losing the dressing room.

As much as the constant changing of the starting line up , and strange decision to hoof the ball instead of the on the floor methods of the 3 home games we''ve won, that's really pissing me off, we can't keep sacking managers we''ll become another laughing stock club, not to mention the pay off AGAIN!! . Plus as long as fans keep shouting get it forward and boo everytime we play possession football then we're never going to progress , YES I HEAR THEM EVERY WEEK IN THE EASTEND. You don't find Barcelona and Swansea fans booing when they keep the ball do you ? At the end of the day it's just the defence we need to sort out cause we can't complain about the goals we've scored especially after we were starved of goals last season . PLUS FORGET THE STADIUM WE DON'T NEED A NEW ONE , if only that money was spent on players ........

Players should be sacked not the manager.

He signed many of them, so his judgment of not only footballing ability but morale fibre must also be questioned. You don't even here his beloved little puppy Morris backing him up. Dunno if he does so on twattering, others will have to let me know.

If the tactics don't work for whatever reason the players must adopt to it to make a change. It's not World War One and you could get prosecuted. Easy to blame the manager. 2 changes before half time says it all.

As I have said many times before, many players do not have the capacity to play in anything other than bog standard formations with standard tactics. Throw something new or slightly different it turns to shite.

As a manager he must see this. If they cannot change, move them on, if you cannot move them on then you must play a formation and tactics they are happy with. If you don't, you are plain stupid, as it will always cost you your job before the players.

I'm not saying it is right, but it is stone cold fact.

Archived