IGNORED

Back Or Sack Del

Dynamite Red

Back or Sack  

300 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lets sack Del, then a new manager can sell some players and bring in loads more. If that doesn't work out then we can sack him as well. Keep sacking, keep buying.

Five years time we've lost another 100m quid.

Good idea fans.

Lets just bury our head in the sand and continue to watch this shower of shite with no hope of improvement or success..... What's up with some people ffs!!!

Lets just bury our head in the sand and continue to watch this shower of shite with no hope of improvement or success..... What's up with some people ffs!!!

And we'll end up worse off financially and have another 2 year's of buying and selling a whole new squad.

I voted sack. It's interesting to see the tide has turned since the Wolves game which was the last straw for me.

The main arguments for keeping seem to be that we can't keep changing managers,the financial cost and that we may still go down.

My view is that we are quite likely to go down whoever is manager (various bookies now put it at 60-75% chance). We then need to think about who can lead us straight back up again. If GJ was in charge I would have confidence he could put together a good L1 team but simply don't have that confidence in Del as he has no experience of the English lower leagues. Can anyone make a case for Del doing well in L1?

My worry is that we end up with a Coventry scenario. They hung to Thorn and then finally sacked him in late August. Mark Robins has come in and turned them around but they have given everyone else a massive headstart, which may be costly.

I think unfortunately we will end up sacking Del sooner or later and it would be better to do so now than in October.

we must stick with the D-man, he will see us ok this season. Surely only a fool could continue to flip-flop with selection and formation following this latest charade. I think he might have learnt his lesson this time. It's worth also noting that it's possible that his brother/sister/best mate knows his password and keeps jumping on for a laugh while D's down the shops. Cut the man some slack

The prob I have with Derrick is that the man seems to employ not logic or system whenever we play, that coupled with the chopping and changing constantly has led us to this scenario, he hasnt learnt ts far into his reign and i doubt he will and it may just continue to get more and more desperate as times get worse, SoD will atleast have and employable style of football and coaching, has league 1 experience if we do go down and can work on a budget at this level as far as im concerned.

Do I want him to be given millions to strengthen the team based on his performance so far....... sadly today was the final straw, and I have to say no. Against Posh and in the 2nd half today we proved we have a good team able to perform, sadly it seems the manager is actually hindering the team.

Nobody would have millions to speed not him nor a new manager , maybe peanuts and loan signings . As long as that's the case we'll never compete with the top teams spending 8 or 10 million on players , even the mid table teams are spending double than we can afford to. In my opinion it's the stadium nonsense that's costing us ;)

I've backed him up until now, I didn't expect much at Millwall anyway but that team selection and constant tinkering have pushed me to the other side I'm afraid.

The fans don't know what he is gonna throw up next and I don't think the players do either.

It can't be good for the dressing room, you score 2 get dropped. Anderson plays superbly Saturday and gets hauled off after 40 minutes Tuesday for Woolford who has already had more than his fair share of chances.

Players talk and I can't see many wanting to sign for us.

Time to go.

and then what/who? cutting your nose off to spite your face comes to mind; we just go around and around, as you say Tinman,Millen, Copout,Millen, Dm......................... what makes you think we will get anything better next time?

..because we can't get any worse, no matter who Lansdown appoints.

I don't believe the rhetoric about McInness being 'in it for the long term'. In modern football, no manager can be sure of that. If Lansdown sticks with McInnes, we will go down - make no bones about that. People say that McInnes will cost a fortune to get rid, but is Lansdown willing to finance the club with even more money in an effort to get us back iinto the Championship?

If Lansdown had any sense, he would cut his losses now and get rid - neither Lansdown, nor the club can really afford to be relegated.

The biggest problem facing Lansdown is getting the next manager right. He's cocked up previously in selecting a manager and, as a result, led the club into major debt (to him! and at 2% above the base rate!), he really needs to take advice from those in the know and appoint a been-there, done-that, experienced manager who can get the club out of this dire situation AND give him the transfer window to get some players in.

If he stays, I believe McInnes will fail miserably in the tranfer window, and diehard fans will need to accept that this miserable period will continue until we are mathematically relegated.

Like several people have said, it's going to be difficult for anyone to keep us up now. But I don't have any faith in DM rebuilding and winning promotion if we DO get relegated. With a mediocre group of players, two things are key - consistency in selection and a system where everyone knows what they're supposed to be doing. DM's approach is the exact opposite, as many have pointed out - chopping and changing formation and selection in a way that makes little sense to fans and which the players can't cope with. I gave up on DM really after the Wolves game. I like the guy but he doesn't seem to have a clue at this level. As for replacing him with Di Canio, I know I'm in a minority on this but I'm afraid I won't be renewing my season ticket if he's ever appointed as a replacement - he's an out and out fascist. I understand that for some/most fans that won't be a big issue, but I couldn't stomach it, sorry...

Ive backed del up until lately but his tactics are baffling, the players clearly dont know what they are sposed to be doing, and the only reason he still has the job is the ocasional good performance out of 5 or 6 games. The fact of the matter is he has won 16 games out of 61 in all competitions, and most of those where in the first 40, i dont think any other manager in the football league would still have their job after such an apauling record so why should del?

And I am now on the sack side. We are an embarrassment.

The thing is, we are going down whatever happens, barring miracles. So get O'Driscoll in. Let's build a football side that plays proper, passing football with young hungry players. We either get him now, or watch someone else get him.

Perhaps the board believe McInnes can do exactly that. Maybe he can. I think it will be very tough now though, with the fans wanting him gone. Whatever the clubs masterplan that DL hinted at is, let's hope it doesn't bloody rely on survival.

Archived