IGNORED

If Del Goes, Who To Come In?

DownendRed97

What will relegation cost us? A lot more than paying the wages of the named players above who I'm sure will have had us in at least mid table. On hear it's all moan and groan when we get beat every week, no clean sheets all season, but mention spending any money and the FFP police start getting jumpy. Well what do you expect? Spend and surive or get relegated!

What do you recommend we do though? If we overspend we're in the shit, yet we're still in the shit. We're overspending as it is FFS. Look at our wage bill, look at our losses especially compared to turnover. Agree with your other points though, not necessarily good enough.

Terry Butcher, hard as nails, been there done it, his side ICT sit Second in the SPL despite being smaller than the gas. Has won trophies, International caps, builds winning sides on peanuts, uses youngsters etc etc. a bit left field, I know but got to be as good a bet as all these perennial losers we get linked with!!

Ps knows a bit about defending too, and as an ex-centre half may be better at spotting one than our recent incumbents!!

Didn't he have a terrible record at Brentford? Lots of ex centre halves with teams who had mediocre defensive records in recent times (Bruce at Sunderland final year, McLeish at Villa 11/12 and Birmingham 10/11). While he may have a good job, red herring to think that just because he was a great player he could be a good manager and that just because he was a great CB, he could necessarily organise a defence. I mean he could but it's far from a sure thing.

Didn't he have a terrible record at Brentford? Lots of ex centre halves with teams who had mediocre defensive records in recent times (Bruce at Sunderland final year, McLeish at Villa 11/12 and Birmingham 10/11). While he may have a good job, red herring to think that just because he was a great player he could be a good manager and that just because he was a great CB, he could necessarily organise a defence. I mean he could but it's far from a sure thing.

He's been rubbish in England, and rubbish everywhere else except his current location.

Someone with real experience: George Graham?

What about GG with Tony Adams????

More realistically would Kenny Jackett be interested? Martin Allen? Billy Davies? Steve Cotterill? Paul Ince might be interesting - surely a motivator.... What about Phil Brown? Or even Steve Kean (Blackburn looked good against us early in the season and he certainly got them moving in the right direction.

Anyway, whatever you think of those names, it shows that options are out there and in many ready to go - we shouldn't fear another managerial change.

More realistically would Kenny Jackett be interested?(No he wouldn't, imo) Martin Allen? Billy Davies? Steve Cotterill? Paul Ince might be interesting - surely a motivator (Maybe).... What about Phil Brown? Or even Steve Kean (Blackburn looked good against us early in the season and he certainly got them moving in the right direction.

Anyway, whatever you think of those names, it shows that options are out there and in many ready to go - we shouldn't fear another managerial change.

Narrowed it down! :D

More realistically would Kenny Jackett be interested? Martin Allen? Billy Davies? Steve Cotterill? Paul Ince might be interesting - surely a motivator.... What about Phil Brown? Or even Steve Kean (Blackburn looked good against us early in the season and he certainly got them moving in the right direction.

Agreed. (with the point, not necessarily the names).

Agreed. (with the point, not necessarily the names).

I wouldn't expect anyone to agree with all the names but glad you agree. This is football and sacking managers is the conventional way to improve, or try to improve, things. I think there are loads of exciting angles and options we could go go if/when the change is made... Here's another one who I've grown to like, David Pleat - maybe more of a DoF than manager but what knowledge and experienced he'd bring (similar to George Graham or maybe even Garry Bassett). And, if it was my call I'd certainly ask the question of Neil Warnock.... You never know.

Archived