IGNORED

If Del Goes, Who To Come In?

DownendRed97

I think Del's days are numbered, so if or when he goes, who will come in and steer us clear of relegation???

If (as several posters on this forum state), the club as a whole is a shambles; who would want to come here?

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/

go to lower left and click the scroll down to see who's available.

The box above that allows you to see the record of any Manager. I've compared two random Managers on the links below.

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/managers/history-1775.html

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/managers/profile.html?managerid=16

I have it on good authority Keith Dawe has always wanted Steve Cotterial here. He might just get his wish even if it's a deal till the end of the season.

Never liked Cotterial although i respect the job he done at Cheltenham.

It's horses for courses and given the type of manager SC is he would be perfect for us in our current situaton.

January 1992; what did City miss out on?

Two days later Lumsden was dismissed. Ossie Ardiles said he was interested in the job and Chairman Leslie Kew said he believed Ardiles was the ideal man for the job. Chris Nichol, a former Southampton manager then applied. Two of the directors decided not to vote for Ardiles stating that a big name did not guarantee success. Martin O’Neil and Russell Osman then applied. Due to his playing experience Osman was appointed caretaker manager and that week City picked up their first point for seven weeks with a draw against Grimsby.

Steve Cotterill for me. His style of football will never win awards but he is a great organiser of teams and has a decent record. I would give him the job for the remainder of the season and see if he can do anything with them.

He's an arse kicker, a no nonsense kind of bloke who doesn't do favourites, it may put the little loves on edge and they may start wanting to work for a living again.

January 1992; what did City miss out on?

Two days later Lumsden was dismissed. Ossie Ardiles said he was interested in the job and Chairman Leslie Kew said he believed Ardiles was the ideal man for the job. Chris Nichol, a former Southampton manager then applied. Two of the directors decided not to vote for Ardiles stating that a big name did not guarantee success. Martin O’Neil and Russell Osman then applied. Due to his playing experience Osman was appointed caretaker manager and that week City picked up their first point for seven weeks with a draw against Grimsby.

Didn't we overlook David Moyes as well when we gave the job to Pulis?

He must be gutted.................................

Does anyone else find this thread a little disrespectful to McInnes, afterall we have a manager.

Di Cannio. Plus the Club should also to ensure that the impetus with the Academy and improving scouting is maintained. One of the massive failings with the Club has been the absence of a scouting set-up. Nicking just one young 100k player that turns out to be worth a couple of million pays for a decent set-up in terms of sell-on value and success on the field.

A left field suggestion would be Leroy Rosenior until the end of the season. When he was in charge before (the main man in a gang of three temporary set-up) he got us playing some great winning football and played a few of the youngsters. He knows league 1 & 2 the leagues and players inside out so could raid league 1 & 2 in the transfer window. He knows the Club but isn't a 'yes' man so wouldn't be appointed.

I think Del's days are numbered, so if or when he goes, who will come in and steer us clear of relegation???

He's not going, don't get your hopes up!!! No matter how bad the results come, I can't see it. If they were to sack him. It would have happened weeks ago. It doesn't matter how much we moan. The board will NOT act.

Steve Cotterill for me. His style of football will never win awards but he is a great organiser of teams and has a decent record. I would give him the job for the remainder of the season and see if he can do anything with them.

He's an arse kicker, a no nonsense kind of bloke who doesn't do favourites, it may put the little loves on edge and they may start wanting to work for a living again.

Agree 100%, he has managed 3 Championship sides and none of them have been relegated, though I accept he'd have a hell of a job on to keep us up now.

His record at Burnley, a very similar sized club to us was excellent, he did well at Pompey with no money and Forest sacked him as soon as the insane Kuwaitis moved in.

Our only chance is to employ someone who can recruit 2 Championship standard central defenders this month and I believe Cotterill would.

I understand the clamour for O'Driscoll but he was 3rd choice last time out and cannot stomach the idea of a man with a Mussolini tattoo and "fascist sympathies" as manager of Bcfc.

I think Owen Coyle is a good shout to be honest, probably knows a few of the back room staff as well.

There are so many poor players still at our club and we cannot compete with the wages hence missing out on some players. I just wanted progress but I haven't seen anything of the sort, gutted that the fans are feeling so low!

It doesn't matter who comes in I'm afraid.

This squad of players are not good enough! (You can't polish a turd!)

If you enter a Mini into a Porsche race you can't expect it to do very well whatever you do or say!

Unless SL finds at least 5 million down the back of the sofa for 5 Quality players to help out the other FEW quality players that we already have, we are down to L1 FULL STOP.

Saying that though how the hell are we going to be able to attract 1 more quality player let alone 5. Cisse? Keogh? Bikey? Ward? to name a few wanted wages that we were not willing to meet? Should we have met them? Who knows? But the table doesn't lie?

What will relegation cost us? A lot more than paying the wages of the named players above who I'm sure will have had us in at least mid table. On hear it's all moan and groan when we get beat every week, no clean sheets all season, but mention spending any money and the FFP police start getting jumpy. Well what do you expect? Spend and surive or get relegated!

Football has become a nasty, greedy, brutal and horrible sport or shoud I say business driven circus with no passion to pull on the shirt anymore.

I used to love football but the fun/entertaiment has all but gone. Jumping up and down in the old eastend after many pints of thorn on a summers afternoon will live with me until I take my last breath, doing 40 plus games a season for 25 years on the trot will loads of amazing away days will live with me for ever, but this current rubbish, and complete club mess from top to bottom is something I hope to forget as a bad knightmare! Where has my beloved BRISTOL CITY GONE?

Getting promotion to the Championship after 8/9 years of trying was just the best, but thinking about it now and seeing what we have become as a club which is like having alzheimer's as I don't recognise it any more, maybe L1 is the best for us as there is no point being in the Championship just too struggle every year! :(

need a joe jordan type, some one to get fire in the players again

Although I cant stand the bloke we need someone like Billy Davies to sort out the dross we watch week in week out

We need passion and to lead by example - Billy Davies please! He also has an excellent managerial record which suggests he has a brain to go with the passion..?

Someone whose not 'mr. nice guy', our players don't seem to respond to that from this season's evidence.

Billy Davies for me he wont take no shit and will fire a much needed rocket up most our squads arses which is needed.

1. Joe Jordan.

Not for old time's sake, but because his stock is good in recent years, he has the experience and tactical know-how, and he is the by far and away the best candidate that would be likely to be interested. Oh, and he wouldn't take any s***.

2. Billy Davies.

Because this football club has had a soft underbelly for years. This nasty b****** would put a long overdue end to it.

Didn't we overlook David Moyes as well when we gave the job to Pulis?

He must be gutted.................................

Does anyone else find this thread a little disrespectful to McInnes, afterall we have a manager.

Tbh, Pulis I dunno he's done a good job at Stoke, just failed with us. Don't like him but as with certain players he's done well elsewhere just not with us...

Archived