IGNORED

Food At The Ground - Your Chance

Fiale

This whole thread is just symptomatic of the club's tunnel vision and lack of ambition. Rather than contributing to Britain's growing obesity problem and/or taking the cheap option, the club should be looking to forge closer links with the local farming community, buying ethical, local and organic produce. And don't think this mean a shift away from traditioanl football favourites. but let's think outside the box: squirrel and ale pie, burgers with Vulscombe cheese and angus beef, bacon collars with apple cider butter. The list is endless, and so too are the opportunities for slow food done fast for the modern fan. I'd happily pay a ten/fifteen/twenty quid for good food at half time, and I'm not the only one. How many others are spending NOTHING right now because the quality is so bad. But with a bit of foresight and vision, that's a thing of the past - imagine, for instance, gloucester old spot sausage and parsnip mash on a chilly january day: yes please, here's twenty quid. The club would rake it in. People talk about tapping into different revenue streams, yet overlook such an obvious one - turning ashton gate into a food destination is not the mad utterings of david icke, but something that needs to be awarded serious consideration.

I used to buy food at AG every once in a while - but the quality was so low and price so high that I avoid it. When watching Bristol rugby however I am happy to get a pasty (proper food) - particularly on cold days. I am sure a proper pasty stand would go down a treat at AG. I would quite like to see a food stand that served fresh soup - something that would be perfect for half time during the cold winter months.

Giving one operator a monopoly is rarely good (for anyone other than the monopolist). The AG catering is a great example of this - low quality/high prices/no innovation - put the catering out to tender for local suppliers/cafes to come in and experiment - make it a requirement they are small and local and have some new ideas and open up the market - maybe a bit of competition and innovation might generate some revenue and stop hardening the arteries and thinning out the wallets of fans.

I used to buy food at AG every once in a while - but the quality was so low and price so high that I avoid it. When watching Bristol rugby however I am happy to get a pasty (proper food) - particularly on cold days. I am sure a proper pasty stand would go down a treat at AG. I would quite like to see a food stand that served fresh soup - something that would be perfect for half time during the cold winter months.

Giving one operator a monopoly is rarely good (for anyone other than the monopolist). The AG catering is a great example of this - low quality/high prices/no innovation - put the catering out to tender for local suppliers/cafes to come in and experiment - make it a requirement they are small and local and have some new ideas and open up the market - maybe a bit of competition and innovation might generate some revenue and stop hardening the arteries and thinning out the wallets of fans.

couldn't agree more. how I'd love to see Clifton Sausage with a little cabin at AG: cotswold lamb bangers and braised red cabbage - boom. instead, the club's idea of innovation would be getting kentucky to move into the ground :/

Those people questioning why people want to eat / drink at the ground are missing the point. Of course, we can all go to the chippy / get a roll in the pub / go to the burger van - but none of the revenue goes to the club if we do that. In principle, at least, it would make solid commercial sense for the club to get its catering act together, have us all turn up bloody starving and thirsty, and fill us up!

Not going to happen without a radical overhaul of the current catering arrangements - poor choice (especially of non-meat options), poor quality, uncompetitive prices (see chippy / roll / burger van comment above) = fill up before you get to AG.

Tbh, if the club - or their, apparently, super-arrogant catering partners - think that what they currently offer is anywhere near good enough, they might as well just pack it in and get a few portakabins in the car parks housing costa, greggs and a decent sandwhich / roll supplier.

Archived