IGNORED

Food At The Ground - Your Chance

Fiale

As they say, here's your chance, speak up and let them know the problems face to face - still with any lucky WHEN we get our new stadium we will have a proper food franchise operating (us and Bristol Rugby (+concert venues)) as we should have the numbers to make it worthwhile.

Better catering

For quite some time now, supporters have been telling us that they are not happy with the quality and affordability of food at Ashton Gate. Retail sales confirm this.

On Saturday (ahead of the Leicester game) you will have the opportunity to put your concerns directly to Kevin Smith, who has ultimate responsibility for catering in the kiosks and the Dolman Hall from the City side of things.

He will be visiting the Dolman Hall and other concourses around the ground, along with key representatives from our caterers Lindley – they sell food and drinks on the club’s behalf. If you see them, please make your views known.

Direct supporter feedback to those who make the decisions will result in changes.

I don't see why they can't do a deal with a bakery and get proper pies, pasties, sausage rolls, sandwiches and my personal favorite those cheese and bacon puff pastry slices much better than the shite we currently get dished up. Better food = more people will buy it just don't try and fleece us good food + good prices = people are happy it's not rocket science.

I can't remember the last time I bought food at Ashton Gate - and I've only bought food there a few times in over 20 years. I have given in to a pint of knats-pi55 in the Exhibition hall before the game a few times though.

What just infuriates me is that the food is lowest common denominator sh*te. Zero nutrition. I like a bit of fast food myself, but if you're going to commit to that, make it decent quality.

Lager, grease, chips, chocolate etc. If you want coronary heart disease its bang on the money. Well done.

If the food can't be healthy or interesting I'll settle for a pint of real ale. If you can't get draught sorted properly I'll settle for a decent selection of bottled ales.

Whats the pie company that do Coventry, they were gurt lush. Dunno if they were local or national

There are plenty of decent pie firms locally. The club chose Lindley because it offered the biggest percentage of takings to the club. Given their prices and quality, I don't find that surprising.

reminds me of last year when I got there early and asked girl for a Bovril, no probs there, until I asked did they have a Clarks pie. 'What flavour' she asked.......Clarks pie flavour 'I said'.....silly me should have read menu. Chicken Balti....Meat and Potato etc......Clarks pies...the food of Bemmies since time began.

Surely they don't need to be told what is Wrong with it?

There is a pie company on the clubs doorstep but they don't use them.

Exactly.

Maybe those who make the decisions at AG have never bought good quality take-away food. Maybe this is what they themselves like. Must be.

Glad I'm not eating at Steve L's place tonight :surrender:

Exactly.

Maybe those who make the decisions at AG have never bought good quality take-away food. Maybe this is what they themselves like. Must be.

Glad I'm not eating at Steve L's place tonight :surrender:

Good dig there ;)

No, the suits who run the Gate think that Lindley's food is good enough for the proles in the not-very-cheap seats. They wouldn't dream of eating it themselves, but they don't have to. You honestly don't think the food's like that in the platinum seats, do you?

Best cup of tea I've had at a match was at Bloomfield Road - 90p polystyrene cup with proper milk. Coventry or West Brom had nice steak and kidney pies. A proper job local pasty/pie supplier should be involved, decent tea/coffee etc. I usually pie a cheese and onion pasty from Parsons on the way down

Let's be clear about the process of contracting out catering. The club chooses a contractor and he sets two parameters; the prices to be charged and the quality of the food to be provided.

I'm sure that Lindley can provide perfectly decent food. I'm sure it does in the prawn-munching areas. That's not what the club specifies for the proles. It specifies the maximum profit margin, which means the highest prices at which people will still buy and the lowest quality that people will tolerate.

Given a captive audience, that price can be pretty high and the quality pretty low. Given that those who specify the criteria don't have to pay for or eat the stuff, it's not going to change any time soon :(

Let's be clear about the process of contracting out catering. The club chooses a contractor and he sets two parameters; the prices to be charged and the quality of the food to be provided.

I'm sure that Lindley can provide perfectly decent food. I'm sure it does in the prawn-munching areas. That's not what the club specifies for the proles. It specifies the maximum profit margin, which means the highest prices at which people will still buy and the lowest quality that people will tolerate.

Given a captive audience, that price can be pretty high and the quality pretty low. Given that those who specify the criteria don't have to pay for or eat the stuff, it's not going to change any time soon :(

I think the article quoted "due to retail sales", to my mind it suggests that the high priced shite is not being sold.

Clarks pies, Butcombe beer and Thatchers cider.

All local and better than the crap on sale at present.

Pieminister is local.

Surely they don't need to be told what is Wrong with it?

There is a pie company on the clubs doorstep but they don't use them.

Of course they don't need to be told. Its a 'we're listening' paper exercise probably on the back of DaveL's recent interaction with this forum. I hope they visit the Supporters Club bar.

Good dig there ;)

No, the suits who run the Gate think that Lindley's food is good enough for the proles in the not-very-cheap seats. They wouldn't dream of eating it themselves, but they don't have to. You honestly don't think the food's like that in the platinum seats, do you?

My point is they must know the food is crap. That's why THEY won't be eating it.

Archived