IGNORED

Food At The Ground - Your Chance

Fiale

I really couldn't care less about the catering.

And i really cannot understand why people gripe about.

I go to the match to watch football.

Before i leave home i'll have some lunch .

On the way to the game I'll pop into the newsagent and buy a drink at half the price and more of a choice than in the ground.

I might even buy a bar of chocolate or/and a packet of cheddars ....maybe when Im older i might take a flask uf i need a hot drink.

Hardly tasking is it chaps

On the way to the game I'll pop into rhetorically newsagent and buy a drink at half the price and more of a choice than in the ground.

I might even buy a bar of chocolate or/and a packet of cheddars ....maybe when Im older i might take a flask uf i need a hot drink.

So why are you bothering to post here?

it's not going to change any time soon :(

John, as I said in my blog, quoted above: 'Direct supporter feedback to those who make the decisions will result in changes'.

Those who make those decisions will be there on Saturday. It's an ideal opportunity for supporters to tell those who are responsible for the catering exactly what you think.

On the way to the game I'll pop into rhetorically newsagent and buy a drink at half the price and more of a choice than in the ground.

Just a thought Mr Thoughtful, perhaps some people especially on a night game come straight from work and some don't have a mummy to make them lunch before they go out, but as long as your OK.

Just a thought Mr Thoughtful, perhaps some people especially on a night game come straight from work and some don't have a mummy to make them lunch before they go out, but as long as your OK.

phd in sarcasm by any chance?

Btw i go to night matches from work and "mummy" died back in 1996.

And yes Im ok thank you very much

On the way to the game I'll pop into the newsagent and buy a drink at half the price and more of a choice than in the ground.

I'll go with this because I accept that the food they offer will never be to my liking.

On the other hand I want a pint in the Exhibition hall. A decent pint would matter to me more.

John, as I said in my blog, quoted above: 'Direct supporter feedback to those who make the decisions will result in changes'.

Those who make those decisions will be there on Saturday. It's an ideal opportunity for supporters to tell those who are responsible for the catering exactly what you think.

Will we be able to recognise these representatives of the catering company? Will they be wearing flourescent jackets with the food companies logo on?

There is a good pie and pasty seller outside the ground near the BS3 pub, perhaps they ought to get him in to sell a few.

And for those who like healthy food, perhaps they could sell some lettuce.

Yes , thats the Clark pie van. The shop is half wAy up north street.

There is Also a clarks pie shop in Cardiff and somewhere else, but all shops use different recipes.

Be easier to sum it up now.

"serve food that tastes nice, along with beer all at a decent price"

I'm with you on this one, food and drink at football is nearly always overpriced and crap, why would anyone need to buy it. There are pubs, takeaways and newsagents all around the ground. A football match lasts ninety minutes, surely even the fattest of bar stewards can survive that long with buying an overpriced, crap hot dog and then moaning about it.

For when we play them next, there is a sandwich shop near Sheffield united's ground that serves the best rolls, pies, cakes etc I've tasted at half the price of even cheap bakeries like Greggs.

Dave, I think many, me included simply don't believe for one second that anything positive in terms of changes to the quality of food or alcohol prices will happen. We've been down this road before with zero outcome and it looks like nothing more than a paper exercise.

Surely Lindley's are aware of how unhappy fans are with their service. Moans and complaints about the crap overpriced food and alcohol have been around since they took over. They've not acted before so why should they act now?

Let's be honest ... how many foodies off out eating discuss where to watch football? So why are footie fans discussing where to eat and what to eat? For goodness sake, it's only 2 hours for the match ... No wonder so many football fans are so fat .. But if I had to express a view then I'd say go for the proper chef at Kidderminster or the pasties at the Mem .. real food.

Am i the only one who likes the food?! What i dont like is the idiots 'serving'!! Dolman bar at h/t waiting for food is embarrassing.

Ami the only one who likes the food?! What i dont like is the idiots 'serving'!! Dolman bar at h/t waiting for food is embarrassing.

No, there's obviously two of you with the same view!

Let's be honest ... how many foodies off out eating discuss where to watch football? So why are footie fans discussing where to eat and what to eat? For goodness sake, it's only 2 hours for the match ... No wonder so many football fans are so fat .. But if I had to express a view then I'd say go for the proper chef at Kidderminster or the pasties at the Mem .. real food.

I'm baffled by this "it's only 90 mins/two hours at the match". Well, I suppose it is if you live next door to the ground. If you're travelling there and back, particularly after work, it can be a damn sight longer than that. Why is it so difficult to make it a pleasant experience to go to the Gate? As you so rightly say, the pasties at the Mem are excellent. On the rare occasions I go there, I never miss out on at least one, and I live just ten minutes walk away.

It takes me about an hour each way on our excellent public transport* to get to the Gate, and something marginally less disgusting than our current fare would be more than welcome.

As someone else suggested, counter staff who had even the vaguest idea about what they were doing would be a major improvement, too.

* that's irony, by the way.

Archived