IGNORED

Kelly Deal Done.. Davidson Next

Ricardo 'Livi' Red

I know there is an ongoing debate about the quality of players North of the border....but our midfield is so bad, im happy just to see new faces coming in

central midfield, not the entire midfield :)

as much as I'd love Davidson I feel he will go to a higher club then us or drop down to Rangers

Murray on the move

MURRAY DAVIDSON is set to head for England after turning down the offer of a new deal at St Johnstone.
The 24-year-old Scotland international will move south rather than stay in Scotland with Rangers.
SunSport understands Davidson has told Saints he won’t be signing the lucrative two-year deal they offered him this month.
And despite his agent holding talks with Ibrox boss Ally McCoist, the self-confessed Gers fan sees his future in the Championship.
Former McDiarmid Park boss Derek McInnes, now with Bristol City, has expressed an interest in Davidson but faces stiff competition from another four Championship sides as well as clubs abroad.
Davidson, who signed for Saints in 2009 for £25,000, is out of contract at the end of the season so is available for free.
While boss Steve Lomas will be gutted to lose his star midfielder he was given some good news as skipper Dave Mackay revealed he’s ready to commit himself for a further two years. The 32-year-old, signed from Livingston as part of a package with Davidson, has been one of Saints’ top players and expects to finalise his deal in the next few days.
He said: “We’re pretty close, so hopefully we’ll get it done in the next few days. I’m enjoying it here so there’s no reason to change it.
“With the way the game is it’s great to get offered a contract.
“This is a good club. I’ve been here a few years now and am looking forward to a few more.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

St Johnstone ace Murray Davidson sets his sights on move to England

ST JOHNSTONE and Rangers are both losing the battle to sign midfielder Murray Davidson.

The 24-year-old has been offered a new deal to stay at McDiarmid Park but may reject the offer and also a pre-contract with boyhood heroes Rangers to switch to the English Championship.

Davidson became the first St Johnstone player to be capped for Scotland in 80 years when he came off the bench against Luxembourg this season.

And impressive displays and half a dozen goals have alerted clubs in England and on the continent.

Gers boss Ally McCoist was out of luck with a £150,000 bid for the player before Rangers’ liquidation woes and tough-tackling Davidson featured on his wanted list for next season.

But with Rangers facing a long haul back to a potentially new-look top flight, Davidson sees his future in England and is weighing up his options.

Lomas had hoped Perth chairman Steve Brown’s contract extension offer might tempt a player he had valued at £1million to extend his stay in Perth.

But with Davidson set to depart and midfielder Liam Craig linked with Hibs, Lomas has tied up Ross County skipper Richard Brittain on a pre-contract.

Meanwhile, St Johnstone club captain Dave Mackay last night confirmed he is set to sign a new two-year deal to stay in Perth.

Mackay said: “Hopefully it will be done in the next few days. The way Scottish football is just now it is good to get your future sorted out as soon as possible.”

Do you think we're genuinely interested following the signing of Liam Kelly or do we just think that because of who our boss is the tabloids are making an educated guess? If this is true do we think it means the rumours of Cole Skuse exit ate true?

i really hope we are. Despite the signing of Kelly we need to replace the below average of Elliott and Killkenny.

i really hope we are. Despite the signing of Kelly we need to replace the below average of Elliott and Killkenny.

I agree however alongside two hardworking midfield generals like Davidson and Kelly i think we would see the best out of Killa so may be tempted to keep hold of him.

Def show Elliott the door tho

Even though it is another SPL player, I actually rate Davidson and he HAS to be better than what we have. Even if we go down at least were bringing in young players who seem to have the right ingredients and are not going to bankrupt us.

I reckon Mrs Downend is better than what we have!! Mind you she's about to have knee replacement surgery, so is a bit one footed and struggles to last 90 minutes.

I struggle to last 90 seconds these days, but that's a different story.

Great another player I've never heard of,not to promising,splash the cash Sl get a household name on the books

I think the statement released earlier in the week suggests that this is diametrically the opposite direction to our new player strategy

IE we've tried that, didn't work, try something different

Great another player I've never heard of,not to promising,splash the cash Sl get a household name on the books

Well, that's it then

How dare transfer policy be conducted without your input

I'm off to support C*rdiff...........

******* hells bells........I hope your tongue was firmly in your cheek there (if that doesn't start another round of nauseating Feltscher jokes, I'm not sure what will)

I reckon Mrs Downend is better than what we have!! Mind you she's about to have knee replacement surgery, so is a bit one footed and struggles to last 90 minutes.

I struggle to last 90 seconds these days, but that's a different story.

When you are whispering sweet nothings to Mrs Downend do you occasionally find yourself saying "Liam, Liam"?

Archived