IGNORED

Kelly Deal Done.. Davidson Next

Ricardo 'Livi' Red

Because we are the only club stupid enough to sign SPL junk.

Total crap, half of the Derby squad is made up of young, scottish players and i'd swap positions with them at the drop of a hat!

There are loads of former SPL playing who play top end championship, lower - mid table premiership...

People just 'chose' to believe that anyone playing in the SPL must be crap, if you have a good enough scouting network you could make up a team of former SPL players and win the championship! It would be interesting to know exactly how many of these 'anti-SPL' brigade have even seen a SPL game, let alone the 'SPL player' in question.

Total crap, half of the Derby squad is made up of young, scottish players and i'd swap positions with them at the drop of a hat!

There are loads of former SPL playing who play top end championship, lower - mid table premiership...

People just 'chose' to believe that anyone playing in the SPL must be crap, if you have a good enough scouting network you could make up a team of former SPL players and win the championship! It would be interesting to know exactly how many of these 'anti-SPL' brigade have even seen a SPL game, let alone the 'SPL player' in question.

6 good players from 23 teams

Thanks sainyeed for your interest in city even if ot is just due to del. Proud bristolian here with a deep love affair with scotland, not all of us share the view about scots players or the spl. I have a few saints pals who i will be meeting with again in august to see runrig. Please dont get put off commenting or keeping sn interest in my beloved club.

Follow all your results...celebrate when you win, sad when you lose!!!"! (so mostly sad!!) But keep the faith...in the long run, think you are improving.....I believe it will take time for Del to adjust....but he is not stupid. Fingers crossed for you guys...yes a sort of tenouos link, but adds a lot of interest to Saturdays,,,!!

I'm intrigued - what's the significance of the question mark in your forum username? Are you really a supporter?
So I say that the SPL is junk and all of a sudden I am not a city fan??? Show me the evidence that the policy of signing players from the SPL is worthwhile. Who have we signed from the SPL in the last 10 years who has turned out to be a major success? Adomah and bolasie both came from the lower leagues in England and have been extremely successful. Point proven.

That's not really the point. You made a complete and utter generalization to try to prove an minor point. So all SPL players are crap...that is what you are saying. If you had said 'We are the only club stupid enough to sign too much junk' (over a matter of years... it might have made sense. You sir, stand charged as a clown!

That's not really the point. You made a complete and utter generalization to try to prove an minor point. So all SPL players are crap...that is what you are saying. If you had said 'We are the only club stupid enough to sign too much junk' (over a matter of years... it might have made sense. You sir, stand charged as a clown!

And we were told by fans of St Johnstone that we were getting a fantastic manager, unfortunately that didn't quite come true, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

The SPL is completely overrated in my opinion. I feel we would do much better looking elsewhere, perhaps Europe. Look at watford for example. I can't remember a single decent signing from the SPL so my comments are not without basis.

So Celtic beating Barcelona and qualifying for the last 16 despite a shortage of SKY money is without merit? Not a Celtic fan, but saw them in Barcelona and they were excellent and unlucky to lose against a superb passing team. Many much better funded english teams got their asses kicked. Not that I'm anti- english...it's a response to your anti scottish, verging on racist monolgue

So Celtic beating Barcelona and qualifying for the last 16 despite a shortage of SKY money is without merit? Not a Celtic fan, but saw them in Barcelona and they were excellent and unlucky to lose against a superb passing team. Many much better funded english teams got their asses kicked. Not that I'm anti- english...it's a response to your anti scottish, verging on racist monolgue

Mc Hello to you..... and best wishes from Dorset.................. you also have given us some of the best bands/music over the years!

I said SPL junk not Scottish junk, so how is that racist? Are all SPL players Scottish? No! Is Jody Morris Scottish? No! Don't make accusations before considering what has actually been said my friend.

And we were told by fans of St Johnstone that we were getting a fantastic manager, unfortunately that didn't quite come true, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

He is a young manager and yes he's made mistakes. But he inherited a very poor squad and has only had two transfer windows. Plus the club have told him he has to bring younger players with a sell on value in because we have to slash £10 million of the wage bill in two years. So lets have some perspective.

I said SPL junk not Scottish junk, so how is that racist? Are all SPL players Scottish? No! Is Jody Morris Scottish? No! Don't make accusations before considering what has actually been said my friend.

Calm down BristolCity? , nobody really said you were or made a racist comment (?).......check out our DNA report ...... all of us Homo Sapiens are more closely related to other Homo Sapiens

And the Scottish :)

The Scots are a brilliant and vibrant people...... They have given the world so much and add a certain something to life.

Because we are the only club stupid enough to sign SPL junk.

some other clubs have signed these players who have played in scotland.

PREMIERSHIP PLAYERS

alan hutton,stiliyan petrov,steven naismith,mathew kennedy,danny wilson,charlie adam.ryan mcgivern,robert snodgrass,jon ruddy,steven whittaker,wes hoolahan,marc tierney,simon lappin,steven davis,danny fox,artur boruc,maurice edu,phil bardsley,james mcfadden,carlos cuellar,steven fletcher,ki sung yung,kyle bartley,stephen dobbie,graham dorrans,marc antoine fortune,ricardo vaz te,james mccarthy,gary caldwell,james mcarthur,shaun maloney,fraser fyfie,connor sammon

CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYERS

chris burke,stephen caldwell,james o'brien,peter lovenkrands,ben gordon,morgaro gomis,paul caddis,david goodwillie,stephen crainey,barry ferguson,isaiah osbourne,bob harris,kirk broadfoot,gregg wylde,gordon greer,kev mcnaughton,don cowie,craig conway,craig bellamy,ricardo fuller, egert jonsson,julian speroni,andy dorman,craig bryson,paul dixon,murray wallace,scott arfield,nick colgan,kallum higganbotham,adam rooney,sone aluko,el hadji diouf,ross mcormack,kasper schmiechel,paul gallacher,merrouane zemmama,kevin thomson,andrew halliday,scott mcdonald,robert olejnik,danny swanson,rhys mccabe,giles coke,prince buaben,stephen mcginn,dorus de vries,christophe berra.

although some of these players aren't the best you could easily pick 3 teams capable of surviving in the championship.

Archived