IGNORED

Spandau Ballet's Gold And Bristol City

Sixtyseconds

I can't understand people slating this as gay or girlie. Most terrace songs come from hyms! Fight fight - lord of the dance. Who the fing hell are you? - bread of heaven. Even 1-0 to the city boys is pet shop boys go west!

It's a bit of fun get over it, I think you may be in minority judging by how loud it was on the radio yesterday

Its a bit of fun and raises a smile when you hear it, get a grip ffs

I am trying to guide these young un's here. Maybe they do not know that back in the day the Spandau Ballet fans were tucked up in bed early after a day wearing ear warmers at silver blades. The real lads were off to the locarno watching punk and ska bands with a girl on each arm.

If this was a gas forum I would not share the wisdom.

i would feel happier singing about cider than i would about the suspension bridge or ss great britain.

next best thing from this area would be a song about cheese from cheddar i guess, previous form would have led me to bambi on ice and babycham but those days are behind us now. onwards and upwards as they say.

I'm new to this board, i have read it for years and not posted but i feel so strongly about this subject that i felt compelled to sign up and leap to the defence of thatchers gold as it has been run down by the OP.

Thatchers gold saved my life, i was born without a sense of taste, for years i would drink fosters, blackthorn, stella, guiness and the occasional wine, i even tried drinking the bag of salt commonly known as natch, then my life changing moment happened a few years ago, i discovered thatchers katy, being a lightweight drinker i looked for the same golden taste only thatchers can provide but in a more watered down version, so i tried gold. It was love at first taste, we are now very happy together and plan to have a civil partnership later this summer when it's barbecue weather.

I'm new to this board, i have read it for years and not posted but i feel so strongly about this subject that i felt compelled to sign up and leap to the defence of thatchers gold as it has been run down by the OP.

Thatchers gold saved my life, i was born without a sense of taste, for years i would drink fosters, blackthorn, stella, guiness and the occasional wine, i even tried drinking the bag of salt commonly known as natch, then my life changing moment happened a few years ago, i discovered thatchers katy, being a lightweight drinker i looked for the same golden taste only thatchers can provide but in a more watered down version, so i tried gold. It was love at first taste, we are now very happy together and plan to have a civil partnership later this summer when it's barbecue weather.

Katy is made with different apples and is pressed. gold is made like strongbow and magners with concentrated juice. try thatchers dry.

The fact that anyone could even moan about fans singing is beyond me??

Seriously!!! Atmosphere has been dead for years so as long as its not racist or offensive FairPlay to fans who try to bring atmosphere to city games!

Maybe a trip to the theatre would be more suited to some than a football match??

You can applaud and chortle to your hearts content!

The fact that anyone could even moan about fans singing is beyond me??

Seriously!!! Atmosphere has been dead for years so as long as its not racist or offensive FairPlay to fans who try to bring atmosphere to city games!

Maybe a trip to the theatre would be more suited to some than a football match??

You can applaud and chortle to your hearts content!

Dolman A-B EE enclosure used to have a bit of edge now its gold. Gold would be better off at the theatre. hardly intimidating is it!!

Think the thatchers song is great, we should embrace songs that are unique to the club instead of conforming the the common stock plastic songs passed down from the premier league.

So many "cringers" not enough singers

Agreed. Start better songs if you don't like the ones being sang! The fact that we need to analyse how and why we sing our songs is ridiculous in itself.

In fact yeah that's probably why we're crap atm, our players are being thrown by our negligence towards our local music and rough cider roots.

Archived