IGNORED

Spandau Ballet's Gold And Bristol City

Sixtyseconds

And that is what is was about.Phil on the megaphone did others as well blackbird combine harvester. Blokes like AP came up with songs you had not heard before. Others came up totally new ones not heard elsewhere. Add the tom thumbs, I am cider drinker, drink up thy ciders and more and the old skool anthems and city are like no other.

Now at the moment it is copy man u copy liverpool copy the premier league copy this on you tube and eventually it will be the same as anywhere.

Surely we already sing enough Wurzels songs? One for the BC, Blackbird, I am a zider drinker, Drink up thee zider, probably a couple more as well. Don't get me wrong I love the Wurzels but I don't think singing their entire back catalogue is a) imaginative or b) anything to do with football.

P.S. Anyone moaning about changing the words to modern pop songs obviously wouldn't want us to sing Wurzels songs from the "Never mind the Bullocks" album. Covers of Gina G, Robbie Williams, Shaggy etc etc clearly not 'cool' enough!

• Admin

I have met you on the W-S-M train I won't be offended.

Your peers on that regular coach have some very strong ideas on support. Raised arms tapping watches recently due to the longevity of the song in question.

:photo:

I had a feeling that I knew who you were.

There is only one person that I know talks like that, generally very strong and interesting opinions.

Must pop in the Lions to say 'Hello' over a nice cold pint :colder:

:photo:

I had a feeling that I knew who you were.

There is only one person that I know talks like that, generally very strong and interesting opinions.

Must pop in the Lions to say 'Hello' over a nice cold pint :colder:

Due to attending matches with my Mrs and family, where they insist on being fed I do not attend pubs as regularly as I would like now.

I do think that forums would benefit from some pub etiquette, many come across on this site like they spend the day flying around the sky in tights between posts.

It is a pity that your peers are not twenty years younger. It was unmistakable at their peak due to that individuality who they followed. A bit of that very strong west country zest could reinvigorate parts of City support. The zest City fans have had is increasingly disappearing from support and being replaced by a third rate covers band like the one up the memorial.

Your friends at points touched strange, unique, and on occasions inspired.

Here we go Phantom. Expect it will receieve the coating off from the cabal for having an opinion. why does anyone moan about a song that supporters of our club decide to sing? It is Spandau Ballet, it is not very good, it does not feel like a terrace song, City fans have been original in the past and done far better, it is drony and sung often half heartedly as its rthe thing to do, it is boring, it is sung by those who are predominately on the young side who sing little else and don't get repition x10 causes older elements in the stand to get behind the team less just like johnson said quickly did and once again it is Spandau Ballet.

whats boring is seeing people like you complain when you probably don't sing at all.

Surely we already sing enough Wurzels songs? One for the BC, Blackbird, I am a zider drinker, Drink up thee zider, probably a couple more as well. Don't get me wrong I love the Wurzels but I don't think singing their entire back catalogue is a) imaginative or b) anything to do with football.

P.S. Anyone moaning about changing the words to modern pop songs obviously wouldn't want us to sing Wurzels songs from the "Never mind the Bullocks" album. Covers of Gina G, Robbie Williams, Shaggy etc etc clearly not 'cool' enough!

Think you missed the point mate. City fans used to have big stock of songs. AP and co used to come up with stuff you did not hear elsewhere. It was quite impressive as song after song was different. now its song after song with little difference to elsewhere particularly when city play away.

Think you missed the point mate. City fans used to have big stock of songs. AP and co used to come up with stuff you did not hear elsewhere. It was quite impressive as song after song was different. now its song after song with little difference to elsewhere particularly when city play away.

Who else in the football league sings about Thatcher's Gold then?

Who else in the football league sings about Thatcher's Gold then?

Once again mate you missed or swerved the point. Loads of clubs fans use the same tune along with sloop john b. Same as anywhere. Not so long ago things were very different. The stock of songs city fans used to sing has fallen of a cliff.

Fans used to make chants up in pubs coaches vans now its follow the leaders from other clubs like man utd on you tube.

Once again mate you missed or swerved the point. Loads of clubs fans use the same tune along with sloop john b. Same as anywhere. Not so long ago things were very different. The stock of songs city fans used to sing has fallen of a cliff.

Fans used to make chants up in pubs coaches vans now its follow the leaders from other clubs like man utd on you tube.

So you expect fans to actually compose the music as well as write the words?!

So you expect fans to actually compose the music as well as write the words?!

From myself being around people who make chants up with the likes of AP I think what he was getting at if people are creating new chants is to take a song's tune that nobody has thought of using and put the bristol city feel over the top, but take a tune or band that has an edge as i see when i was a teenager spandau ballet was the justin bieber to me back then and i see no contest between the stranglers vs spandau ballet (no more heroes) i think this day and age people go for a safe bet with chants and influenced by tv ad changing lyrics and people tend to follow what everyone else is doing but different lyrics, point is Bristol city fans should look to lead the way creating new chants and not follow the crowd, ok there are years old standard classics songs that have always been there but lets see the need breed of city fan create something unused and i don't mean looking for a total new composed song just a tune no one out there is recycling

Things are going down this road where at first it was funny for a moment but then!!!!

And errrr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOpQnkIRkoI

From myself being around people who make chants up with the likes of AP I think what he was getting at if people are creating new chants is to take a song's tune that nobody has thought of using and put the bristol city feel over the top, but take a tune or band that has an edge as i see when i was a teenager spandau ballet was the justin bieber to me back then and i see no contest between the stranglers vs spandau ballet (no more heroes) i think this day and age people go for a safe bet with chants and influenced by tv ad changing lyrics and people tend to follow what everyone else is doing but different lyrics, point is Bristol city fans should look to lead the way creating new chants and not follow the crowd, ok there are years old standard classics songs that have always been there but lets see the need breed of city fan create something unused and i don't mean looking for a total new composed song just a tune no one out there is recycling

Things are going down this road where at first it was funny for a moment but then!!!!

And errrr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOpQnkIRkoI

Confused.com sounds dead right for a club that gets through managers almost as quickly as Chelsea ;)

What a load of self important pompous tosh

Standard practise for them, I'm afraid.

If its not them initiating a song or trend it's deemed not good enough, embarrassing or, apparently, homo-erotic.

Same as last year when someone suggested purple and line scarves as a little something to help the atmosphere. You should have seen the tetchy bastards, gimmick-this, plastic-that.

Self righteous is about right. And when things don't go their way, you watch their forums and flags disappear.

Zzzz

If its not them initiating a song or trend it's deemed not good enough, embarrassing or, apparently, homo-erotic.

Same as last year when someone suggested purple and line scarves as a little something to help the atmosphere. You should have seen the tetchy bastards, gimmick-this, plastic-that.

Self righteous is about right. And when things don't go their way, you watch their forums and flags disappear.

Zzzz

You mean standard practice? You little know-all.

Zzzz

As I said early on in this if you like song sing it, those who dislike it dont sing it, but I can see the side of the thought process and fan culture others have expressed in this thread.

As for the flags being taken away no matter what the right or wrong way of going about it the club have since admitted it was wrong to put fans in that position in the first place.

Zzzz

Perhaps you should check out all the facts before coming across as a huge knob jockey

Ciderheads done in one post what I tried in five. thread on new songs on here could be titled songs from manchester and celtic to copy. city support of late has gone that way.

I agree that we should have our own songs and not try to copy other teams but I think any song about cider is Copyright Bristol City so it falls under that catagory. The ones I can't stand are change the name of Torres to Maynard and think it's good etc. To me though the Thatchers Gold one is imaginative enough to be classed as a BCFC song - just some of a certain age are getting hung up with the original song...

I agree that we should have our own songs and not try to copy other teams but I think any song about cider is Copyright Bristol City so it falls under that catagory. The ones I can't stand are change the name of Torres to Maynard and think it's good etc. To me though the Thatchers Gold one is imaginative enough to be classed as a BCFC song - just some of a certain age are getting hung up with the original song...

Sometimes I wish there was an emoticon with a nail being firmly struck on it's head. This is such a time.

I don't really understand the logic of it to be honest, People can get hung up over a (widely known and very popular) pop tune from a crappy band being used but are proud of the Wurzuls? I mean, if this is some kind of musical snobbery from the punks and the skinheads and the blah blah blah's then why on earth do we love the Wurzuls too? I bloody love the Wurzuls, but I'm not some kind of fascist when it comes to music.

Archived