IGNORED

Who Would You Support If......?

Slacker

Really? Was on a night out in Cheltenham just before Christmas, the Gloucester boys were out - they were only to happy to stop and have a chat and have their photo's with the girls taken. Top bunch of lads, and that's from Jim Hamilton, club captain, to Freddie Burns who had just made his England debut the week before. Not saying they won't end up going the same way as the footballers, but from what I know of the Gloucester boys they are a very fan friendly bunch

Not so much the players, i meant the way it's structured and how greed will always creep in. A bit like Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea etc. trying to create a closed shop, i've felt for a while that certain clubs in the prem want the same, to the detriment of Rugby as a whole.

Not so much the players, i meant the way it's structured and how greed will always creep in. A bit like Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea etc. trying to create a closed shop, i've felt for a while that certain clubs in the prem want the same, to the detriment of Rugby as a whole.

Get your point now. If ever a London club was to finish bottom then all hell would break loose. Hoping that with London Welsh managing to get promoted and argue their way into the Prem is a good sign, although Newcastle are no great loss to the money counters I suspect. Would love to see Bristol back in there, to have 5 West Country clubs in the top flight would be fantastic, although I'd settle for 4 and hope Barf were relegated to make way for Bristol. Then I'd have a closed shop, and not let the buggers back in!

Following City is in my blood. My parents followed them, my Grandparents followed them, all my relatives follow them. TBH, if City didn't exist, I'd call it a day. I've been getting pretty fed up with football over the last few years anyhow, so City not existing would be the final nail in the coffin for me.

Get your point now. If ever a London club was to finish bottom then all hell would break loose. Hoping that with London Welsh managing to get promoted and argue their way into the Prem is a good sign, although Newcastle are no great loss to the money counters I suspect. Would love to see Bristol back in there, to have 5 West Country clubs in the top flight would be fantastic, although I'd settle for 4 and hope Barf were relegated to make way for Bristol. Then I'd have a closed shop, and not let the buggers back in!

I agree, the only good thing to come out of Bath is the A4! With SL's money, Bristol to possibly be challenging for major honours in 3-5 years?

If for any reason City ceased to be,where would you go to get your football fix.Personally I have no "second team" ,no love for the Prem due to the antics on show on MOTD every week and have become jaded with an England team that I used to be very passionate about due to some of the characters chosen to represent us in recent times.European football with all of its "gamesmanship" is becoming so frustrating it is barely watchable.Would people with second or Prem teams throw all their support behind those teams?Personally all I could see myself doing is watching a bit of local non-league and just enjoying the football instead of constantly panicking about results.

My football fix would have to be rugby football were City to cease to exist. I just think I'd get really fat really quickly because I'd watch Bristol RFC more often and end up munching too many pasties and drinking too many pints while watching them.

Williton Rockets or Watchet Town... If I was to go and watch any professional games it would be Yeovil as they are the closest (distance wise) to me...
You can't say Watchet if you're a Williton lad, it would be like saying Rovers. ;) I can still remember as a group of young lads in the 70s having a vote for our new teams name, I voted against Rockets but it won and sounds like its still going.

barca,bayern and celtic ! get real most people would go and watch some sort of football,but support?

for our sins we can have only one team.

That's right, I've watched loads of teams over the last few years but even watching Barca' in front of 90.000 doesn't give me the same buzz as being with 300 other City fans at somewhere like Ipswich.

Archived