IGNORED

Who Would You Support If......?

Slacker

It would have to be the 'pheonix' club for me, FC Bristol City or whatever it's called.

I have been to watch Dortmund a few times and have watched Spurs in the past but none compare to the feeling of watching our club.

If no 'pheonix' club started, I would probably watch some toolstation football at Longwell Green.

like a few posters have said, professional football is becoming less and less appealing for me, simply too much money in the game. I'm just waiting for the fans to start showing their distaste by refusing to pay stupid prices anymore, then those in charge of the game/clubs may bring it back to those that really care about the game.

If for any reason City ceased to be,where would you go to get your football fix.Personally I have no "second team" ,no love for the Prem due to the antics on show on MOTD every week and have become jaded with an England team that I used to be very passionate about due to some of the characters chosen to represent us in recent times.European football with all of its "gamesmanship" is becoming so frustrating it is barely watchable.Would people with second or Prem teams throw all their support behind those teams?Personally all I could see myself doing is watching a bit of local non-league and just enjoying the football instead of constantly panicking about results.

couldent support any other team-its a heart thing..would dap around and grab a ticket for the odd game that drew my attention/ imagination..would be the end of football ruining a perfectly good day out,tho!..

There can only be one team – Melchester Rovers. With Roy Race the super forward who always scores last minute winners life would be fantastic.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2249373/Roy-Rovers--Melchester-Rovers-relaunched-online-comic.html

The Hurricanes woud give them a run for their money ;) always solving crimes and then end up winning 2-1 with a last min goal!

I think if we ceased to exist I would probably go back to playing on a Saturday and just have an interest in football as a whole. I have no real desire to develop an affiliation with any other side. They would never be Bristol City and I would never be able to care for them as much as I do us. If I was forced, though, it would probably be Yate.

Definitely a phoenix club.

if the majority of city fans gave there support, the money generated through gate receipts would have the club running through the non league scene in no time, and would be back in the league within a decade. no benefit in supporting Rovers premiership club or another local non league club for me, I have no interest in them.

Not really sure. I used to go and watch Manchester City a bit, but that was because I have always had an affection for the underdog and the tickets were cheap, now they are just another club to me.

A part of my love for football would die with City so following someone else just wouldn't be the same.

(In fairness I would have plenty to choose from up in these parts if I did decide to following someone.)

I get most of my football fix at Salisbury City these days, probably on a par with the div 2 stuff I watched as a youngster back in the sixties. No nastiness on the field or off, I can stand to watch and I pay at the gate.

It's not City but League football has been largely spoilt.

• Admin

I can understand those who have lost enthusiasim for the professional game, I am finding I can take it or leave it now. I doubt if I would support any other team, but would just pick and chose games in London to go to, probably at Fulham, then have a night out in London afterwards, before getting the last train back.

Interesting...............

Recently I was offered the full on corparate hospitality from a supplier.

The game was Southampton V West Brom (might even be still is )

The company in question is based in 'Bristol' although the person doing the offering is a West Brom Fan he knows I'm a Bristol City fan

I sent an email back, thank you for your offer but..... Southampton v West Brom....... It's hardly the 'Mighty Bristol City Fc' is it!

He replied...... well, it will be your only chance to watch premier league football.

I replied............ Fool.

------------------

The thing is if it ain't Bristol City FC v Someone then I'm really not very interested 'Free' or otherwise

If Bristol City FC are not playing in the premiership (division 1 in my book) then it really is not worth bothering with going to see some other teams that I have no interest in.

So on that basis......... No 'Bristol City Fc' then nothing really.

If for any reason City ceased to be,where would you go to get your football fix.Personally I have no "second team" ,no love for the Prem due to the antics on show on MOTD every week and have become jaded with an England team that I used to be very passionate about due to some of the characters chosen to represent us in recent times.European football with all of its "gamesmanship" is becoming so frustrating it is barely watchable.Would people with second or Prem teams throw all their support behind those teams?Personally all I could see myself doing is watching a bit of local non-league and just enjoying the football instead of constantly panicking about results.

For me iits only one team.

No catering van... Just an over priced cafe.

H'mm. But do they have nauseating hot dogs, coffee that tastes of cat's pee and counter staff who speak no recognisable language and have the alacrity of three-toed sloths? I would need the Ashton Gate experience...

Archived