IGNORED

Louis Carey Speaks Out In Favour Of Bristol United

Nogbad the Bad

Shocking comments from City's long serving player on the RB sports forum that he would be in favour of City and Rovers merging if it gave Bristol a better chance of hosting Premier League football.

"I just love Bristol. I'd love a Bristol club to be in the Premier League, if that means City and Rovers merge and become Bristol United, so be it.

If it's to have a PL club in Bristol then I'd be all for it.

It should have happened years ago."

Unbelievable comments from 'Mr. Bristol City', that sacrificing BCFC and it's history would be an acceptable price to pay to have an improved chance of PL football in Bristol.

Personally speaking Bristol City F.C. is what's important, whatever the division, and I don't care if we never get to the PL.

Shocking comments from City's long serving player on the RB sports forum that he would be in favour of City and Rovers merging if it gave Bristol a better chance of hosting Premier League football.

"I just love Bristol. I'd love a Bristol club to be in the Premier League, if that means City and Rovers merge and become Bristol United, so be it.

If it's to have a PL club in Bristol then I'd be all for it.

It should have happened years ago."

Unbelievable comments from 'Mr. Bristol City', that sacrificing BCFC and it's history would be an acceptable price to pay to have an improved chance of PL football in Bristol.

Personally speaking Bristol City F.C. is what's important, whatever the division, and I don't care if we never get to the PL.

Silly Comments, I disagree wholeheartedly. Should maybe have kept his opinions to himself on that one, I expect him to receive some dogs abuse for that little ditty.

Mr Bristol City.... not any longer after that.

Ah well, never mind.

I do wonder if he would think the same if his beloved Liverpool were to merge with Everton. I think he has looked at this from a footballers perspective and not a fans perspective. Certainly he has opened a can of worms.

I find it ridiculous the notion that two teams could just merge, they'd reach the top flight and everything would be rosy in the garden. On what basis?

I personally would want nothing to do with a Bristol United and the thought of sitting next to one of them lot as fellow fans at a game sickens me. Assuming I wouldn't be alone with this thought there is no guarantee of increased attendances to propel a United team forwards. On the contrary, I'd say.

We will get there one day and I'd guess it would be sooner than any potential United team would given the complexities of it all, so just be patient.

Louis - think before you speak, old bean.

Total nonsense....

What are we combining clubs and crowds...Do people believe City fans or Sags would go and support Bristol United in combined numbers...Not going to happen at least for a while.

The only thing that should be considered is Ground sharing to cut costs...Its done well in many places in Europe...As long as the new ground is in South Bristol....

Mind you I would support combining the clubs if the new Club was to be called Bristol City FC :cool:

Very, very disappointed with those comments. True City and Rovers fans would want nothing to do with a Bristol United. The sort of fans that would, would drift away if Bristol United were not winning every week. If you want to watch PL football every week then pay Sky a fortune or sit on your arse in your local pub. If you want a real football experience support your local team, simples.

I find it ridiculous the notion that two teams could just merge, they'd reach the top flight and everything would be rosy in the garden. On what basis?

I personally would want nothing to do with a Bristol United and the thought of sitting next to one of them lot as fellow fans at a game sickens me. Assuming I wouldn't be alone with this thought there is no guarantee of increased attendances to propel a United team forwards. On the contrary, I'd say.

We will get there one day and I'd guess it would be sooner than any potential United team would given the complexities of it all, so just be patient.

Louis - think before you speak, old bean.

My view is that if you merge two cr@p teams, you end up with one cr@p team. Unless a big backer was to get involved, and I can't see that happening when any Bristol club would only have a stadium holding 25,000 at best, Bristol United would only ever be a lower to mid table Championship side, at very best.

Unless you're your typical Man City's, Utd's, Chelsea's, the PL is rubbish. Even if you stay up for a few years, half the time you're getting hammered by these huge clubs that pump money into all these 'superstar' players, which is great for those clubs but where's the fun in being teams like Stoke, Fulham, West Brom etc. It's treated as winning the league, if they finish 7th and sneak a European spot.

The Premier League is boring. The 'Bristol United' topic isn't even worth debating for me and 99% of people that support the two clubs, it's the fact that teams like Cardiff are prepared to sacrifice so much for gaining promotion to the Prem. Until that league becomes more equal, give me Championship fooball over it any day of the week. Sure it would be fun to see City vs Utd/Liverpool etc at first but the novelty will soon wear off when we're getting beat 4-0/5-0 every week, season in, season out.

Archived