IGNORED

The Official City V Birmingham 'd' Day Thread

Jesus anybody could have seen it the season after even David Blunketts guide dog FFS, that's not seeing it before it happened though.

in football management most managers have a formula which they stick to because it brings them results, when it starts going wrong they go into panic mode and do things they would normally not do, sometimes it works but usually it dosen't and that is exactly what happend with GJ and it took him until he returned to Yeovil to realise that.

and Millen and DMC despite signing their own players always reverted back to GJ's failures and that can hardly be blamed on GJ.

After finishing 10th and before the sages rants (And GJ's subsequent relegation season) I was castigated for saying the team wasnt good enough....and from there on I agree with most of what you said. I think GJ's fault was his way of finding players. We never really seemed to sign REAL championship quality players, we seemed to find journeymen, over the hill, or past it ones. Coppell bailed to quickly for us to know what he would have done, but I suspect it would be similar. The other two turned out to be out of their depth...added to the first two's legacy, it turns out to have been terminal..

I did not know we were handing out long term contracts to players like LJ, McAllister, Carey, Skuse and Nyatanga.

The biggest failure was the appointment of Millen, a journeyman player, a poor coach despite his certificates and an even worse manager.

As I said the 2 failures who followed GJ kept reverting back to selecting GJ's failures, ahead of their own signings and that should if you know anything about football that should tell you everything you need to know.

Edited by Esmond Million's Bung

The biggest failure was the appointment of Millen, a journeyman player, a poor coach despite his certificates and an even worse manager.

As I said the 2 failures who followed GJ kept reverting back to selecting GJ's failures, ahead of their own signings and that should if you know anything about football that should tell you everything you need to know.

Still to this day, I cant believe this happened

The biggest failure was the appointment of Millen, a journeyman player, a poor coach despite his certificates and a

Wont argue with that either. question for ya: would you have got rid of him when Tinnion got the tin tack, or would youhave kept him like GJ did. I was surprised he survived Tinnion, but hey...

of course and I actually said so at the time, please tell me how the **** did he survive when GJ was sacked?

Mate I have no idea, I was amazed he was kept on after (fair play to him) he saved us following Johnsons sacking.....It amazed me when GJ kept him on, and it amazes me Hollowhead has him as a Nr 2!

I do wish you'd stop being so cynical Screech... I really do.. :rolleyes:

Alright Bucks. It's hard to feel any sympathy for the players in this relegation season, I'm sure the Barnsley fans if they go down, will look at their players and have some respect for the way they have battled to try and get out of the crap. Our lot have rolled over and taken it.

Anyway, say what you like airbrush the GJ's years from BCFC's history and by **** it would have been virtually 15 years of total and abject misery.

You wont be surprised to find I agree with you, cos Wondersons years hardly covered us with glory either. I just wonder if SOD can do anything quickly. I suspect we will be down for a few years, allowing SOD to sort the wreckage out and build something. Question will be how long will the fans give him to do so...