IGNORED

Fergie To Call It A Day?

Brizzle Jordan

Bigger job not bigger club.

The job of turning the Parisian club into the biggest in Europe would attract many, hence Ancelotti being there.

Why hasn't Ancellotti et al ever applied for the Bristol City job then.

If it's a challenge their after it can't come much bigger.

Nowhere near the biggest job in football.

No prizes for guessing what you think is the biggest job. Sorry but Liverpool will forever be in Uniteds showdown. They over took you a long long time ago and your never going to be able to compete with them again. Stadium, brand, reputation. Your miles behind them. Every year they improve and you get worse. What's it like to see little Everton above you yet again?

No prizes for guessing what you think is the biggest job. Sorry but Liverpool will forever be in Uniteds showdown. They over took you a long long time ago and your never going to be able to compete with them again. Stadium, brand, reputation. Your miles behind them. Every year they improve and you get worse. What's it like to see little Everton above you yet again?

What's it like to have absolutely no clue whatsoever?

Tart.

Hopefully this is true. Ferguson has been a great manager, certainly the best in my lifetime and surely nobody will come close to emulating his success for a very long time, probably not ever since most clubs don't give a manager a couple of years, let alone 26!

In some ways, though, I think he's had a very negative and pernicious influence on the game, particularly with his comments about referees and linesmen. He's not the only one by any stretch of the imagination, but he takes it the furthest. Saying that he 'feared the worst' after the appointment of Atkinson (I think) to ref them against Chelsea earlier in the year was, quite frankly, outrageous. As well as a comment about the integrity of a linesman after (i think) a draw against Spurs earlier in the year. 'We've not had a good record with him' or similar. It's unprofessional, unnecessary and above all incredibly cheap to question the professionalism of officials in public. If he doesn't agree with a decision then fine, but why make accusations like that?

If he thinks premier league officials are bad then he should play a couple of games at second division level, I'm sure it'd be an illuminating experience.

i was born in 85 so I have always known affiliated him with Man Utd.

he won trophies for St Mirren (i think) and Aberdeen, christ he won the cup winners cup with Aberdeen.

He took Man Utd who hadn't won jack for years before he won the FA cup in 89. Then the success flowed afterwards. You can't say he bought the leagues either, yes he spent large but since the prem inception, they are behind Man City, Chelsea & Liverpool for how much they have spent on players. If you look at Net Spent, they are 6th!!!!

The focus on youth players in the mid 90's set the blueprint for any club to work towards, having the likes of Scholes, Beckham, Giggs, Butt coming through the ranks. now they have the young players now, they will get better and better. Cue Liverpool fans saying Gerrard is better than Scholes..... love them both, but Scholes will always be better.

If you have not been to do the Old Trafford tour, I would recommend you go. Not just for a history of Man Utd, but a history of football, he installs the manor-isms that were implemented by the Sir Matt Busby and still does the traditions that they used to do. He wont sign anyone that wont follow along with all of these ideals. And they have worked for the last 20+ years.

One thing i do love is the Liverpool fans who said "come back when you've won 19", well he did. Now they're saying "come back when you win 5". Looks like he wont, but they wern't half done out of this year's competition. last year, no excuse they were crap.

At the end of the day, no other manager will win so many titles over such a long period of time. The Empire will not crumble like previous clubs, Man Utd are the biggest club in the world, it's a different world now to what it was when ie, Clough left Forest, or even when Busby left Man Utd. The foundations are there for United to dominate football for the next 5-10 years, even without Sir Alex. although he would be given a Director role on the board.

• Admin

What's it like to have absolutely no clue whatsoever?

Tart.

Poor Jordan, he's always the victim, its never his fault.

LOL Never seen one person write so many stupid comments on one forum before

Surely nobody is really that dumb?

A fantastic record that will never be bettered. I can't believe that they'll go for Moyes - he has a great record of running a Prem club on a relative shoestring but no experience of a top club club with a big budget.

On the bright side for City this might be the end of United loaning players to Peterborough. It may also see the end of the anti-England sentiment in United that I believe Ferguson has encouraged..

Who would you say has been the biggest club in England since the start of their history? Obviously Utd have been for a while now but before Fergie, they weren't nothing special were they?

I'd go for Liverpool

Apart from winning the European Cup in 68 that would be?

Not going to be the same without him. Huge respect to him. I think it may tie in with Mourinho making himself available for a new club, he does have the ego that is needed at Utd. Whoever it is I'm sure Fergie will have a huge input into who his successor is.

Archived