IGNORED

Fergie To Call It A Day?

Brizzle Jordan

Everything I read suggests Moyes is favourite. I cannot fathom this myself: not sure how winning no silverware at Everton and failing at his one go at European Cup football qualifies him for the United job.

A bit unfair considering they were unlucky enough to draw Villareal in that qualifier. If memory serves me right I seem to remember they had a late goal ruled out in the second leg as well.

Easily the best manager of all time in my opinion.

He doesn't let players become to big for the club and has completely created the team over and over again.

Football legend is an understatement in my eyes, and I don't even like united!

Easily the best manager of all time in my opinion.

He doesn't let players become to big for the club and has completely created the team over and over again.

Football legend is an understatement in my eyes, and I don't even like united!

I agree. However im still yet to hear one complimentary word said by the Liverpool supporter i work with. Was practically dancing with joy when the news broke.....actions clearly spoke louder than words!

Moyes is strong favourites with all the bookies right now with Mourinhos odds being slashed. Tough job to take on

I think it will be Moyes and he will take Baines and Fellani with him. Wigan will go down and Martinez will be in at Everton. Could happen?

I agree. However im still yet to hear one complimentary word said by the Liverpool supporter i work with. Was practically dancing with joy when the news broke.....actions clearly spoke louder than words!

because he's jealous

I think it will be Moyes and he will take Baines and Fellani with him. Wigan will go down and Martinez will be in at Everton. Could happen?

It is, according to Talksport. Missed some of it, but sounds like an official announcement.

because he's jealous

You got it! Must be a massive relief now that they don't have to live under his shadow anymore.

I struggle to get a decent conversation out of most Liverpool fans, i really don't get what the problem is with them. As my old man used to tell me, "if you want to have a decent conversation about football, don't bother speaking to a Liverpool supporter". He was right.

For the record, i have met and enjoyed plenty of conversations with Liverpool fans of all ages......just not very often.

You got it! Must be a massive relief now that they don't have to live under his shadow anymore.

I struggle to get a decent conversation out of most Liverpool fans, i really don't get what the problem is with them. As my old man used to tell me, "if you want to have a decent conversation about football, don't bother speaking to a Liverpool supporter". He was right.

For the record, i have met and enjoyed plenty of conversations with Liverpool fans of all ages......just not very often.

I had the opposite experience when I lived in Liverpool. Have to say that in my time in Liverpool and Manchester I found almost all of the supporters of all four clubs that I spoke with to be both pleasant and knowledgeable.

I had the opposite experience when I lived in Liverpool. Have to say that in my time in Liverpool and Manchester I found almost all of the supporters of all four clubs that I spoke with to be both pleasant and knowledgeable.

Glad to hear it. My experience is only of non Liverpudlian Liverpool supporters. Probably jumped on the band wagon in the 80s then soon regreted it by the early 90s.

Support the team your born into and be proud of them, nothing wrong with that, its how im a City fan. Just don't be a total arse about your club. If i belived everything ive heard from Liverpool fans, they have the best support in the world, best club in the world, greatest history and have been hard done by every season they don't win a thing.

First Thatcher dies, then Fergie retires...

Somewhere out there is a Scouser with a lamp and one wish left!

If moyes is to join united. I can see Martin O'neil going for the job at everton. He made aston villa stable with time and a good youth setup, always competing with everton for 4th-8th place in the prem.

O'Neil done a great job at Sunderland didn't he......

He also made Aston Villa stable with a lot of money, Everton don't have that kind of dolla.

Glad to hear it. My experience is only of non Liverpudlian Liverpool supporters. Probably jumped on the band wagon in the 80s then soon regreted it by the early 90s.

Support the team your born into and be proud of them, nothing wrong with that, its how im a City fan. Just don't be a total arse about your club. If i belived everything ive heard from Liverpool fans, they have the best support in the world, best club in the world, greatest history and have been hard done by every season they don't win a thing.

I'm sure that'd make a difference. I love Bristol but one thing that really gets on my nerves is the amount of other teams' jerseys you see here.

Returning to the topic. I have a feeling that Moyes would be a fine appointment. Sure he's not won anything but I think he's a much better bet than Mourinho, who, lets face it, hasn't implemented long term strategies at any club he's worked for and never sticks around. I can't see the Man Utd board going for that, I really can't.

To think we had a chance of getting Moyes before we gave the job to Pulis... How depressing.

its more to do with his track record in devloping players and record in the transfer market

A bit unfair considering they were unlucky enough to draw Villareal in that qualifier. If memory serves me right I seem to remember they had a late goal ruled out in the second leg as well.

To clarify, not questioning his ability to operate on a tight budget or to bring on players: he has excelled at both. It is more the step up to the 1st, 2nd or 7th biggest job in football is going to ask a lot more of him. He may have it in him, I don't know. But, failing to win an away game at Liverpool, United, Arsenal or Chelsea during his tenure at Everton suggests he might not.

To clarify, not questioning his ability to operate on a tight budget or to bring on players: he has excelled at both. It is more the step up to the 1st, 2nd or 7th biggest job in football is going to ask a lot more of him. He may have it in him, I don't know. But, failing to win an away game at Liverpool, United, Arsenal or Chelsea during his tenure at Everton suggests he might not.

It might also have something to do with the Everton squad not quite being top drawer.

he's earned a chance at a big job, I'm sure many people said the same thing about Jose to chelsea Wenger to Arsenal, Manchini at Man Citeh,

Everyone has to have a start, Moyes (I'd rather Jose go there) has a great record at Everton including breaking into the top 4 and a decent showing in the uefa cup,

It might also have something to do with the Everton squad not quite being top drawer.

Yes but in such a long time to not win a single away game against the big four (if it's true, haven't checked) is weird. Even against that opposition I'd have bet quite a bit on us winning one game in what.. 40?

I actually didn't want to believe it earlier. I must admit to being a little gutted. Never liked Fergie as such but the blokes a legend! Football and the premiership won't be the same without him.

As for Moyes, just what has he done to even be considered for the job? Only in this country could a manager like Moyes be so over hyped. Granted, he has done a fantastic job at Everton but realistically there is no pressure what so ever in that job. I think he will struggle massively at United. Who knows though, it could go the other way and with money he could prove to be a sound appointment.

I'm fed up with the wall to wall coverage of SAF today. Yes I know how he is seen as great by many but the bloke is retiring for flips sake.

The only good thing about all this is Moyes being on the news nearly as much! My favourite ex City player looks like going to my least favourite Prem team, gutted.

Regarding Moysie being ex City, the one that got away isn't he, the biggest mistake we ever made not giving him the managers job. I'm under no illusion he would have only used us as a stepping stone but I think things would have been better for all parties if we at least had him for a while.

I'm sure that'd make a difference. I love Bristol but one thing that really gets on my nerves is the amount of other teams' jerseys you see here.

Returning to the topic. I have a feeling that Moyes would be a fine appointment. Sure he's not won anything but I think he's a much better bet than Mourinho, who, lets face it, hasn't implemented long term strategies at any club he's worked for and never sticks around. I can't see the Man Utd board going for that, I really can't.

To think we had a chance of getting Moyes before we gave the job to Pulis... How depressing.

plus Mourinho isnt known for bringing on the youth-quite hilarious now that we didnt sign Moysey as manager-not quite as bad as the record company that showed the Beatles the door,but not far off!..

I'm fed up with the wall to wall coverage of SAF today. Yes I know how he is seen as great by many but the bloke is retiring for flips sake.

The only good thing about all this is Moyes being on the news nearly as much! My favourite ex City player looks like going to my least favourite Prem team, gutted.

Regarding Moysie being ex City, the one that got away isn't he, the biggest mistake we ever made not giving him the managers job. I'm under no illusion he would have only used us as a stepping stone but I think things would have been better for all parties if we at least had him for a while.

Totally agree the coverage is way OTT. The bloke has retired he hasn't bloody died!

Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, AC Milan (to get them back to their best) Juventus, PSG.

Massive jobs, massive attractions.

Following Fergie? I don't think many will go seeking that hence someone like Moyes getting it over a bigger name internationally like Klopp, Lowe, etc.

PSG bigger than United? You've gotta be having a laugh

Archived