IGNORED

Fergie To Call It A Day?

Brizzle Jordan

Well, now. Like him or not, like ManUre or not (I have a grudging admiration for the club, and nothing but respect for the man), he'll be a hard act to follow.

IIRC, I said on here some time ago that he's leave this year, and that Moyes would take over. But the timing of his departure, with Mourinho now a free agent, raises some questions.

Oh, and as for the biggest job in football, the list of 5 jobs posted on p1 of this thread didn't mention Bayern Munich, who've appointed a certain Senor Guardiola for next season...

I'd love it to be Jose Mourinho but I don't think he will suit them. Moyes would suit them more as Mourinho is very controversial and always takes the limelight instead of his players.

Unlike SAF? Or was that ironic?

Well, now. Like him or not, like ManUre or not (I have a grudging admiration for the club, and nothing but respect for the man), he'll be a hard act to follow.

IIRC, I said on here some time ago that he's leave this year, and that Moyes would take over. But the timing of his departure, with Mourinho now a free agent, raises some questions.

Oh, and as for the biggest job in football, the list of 5 jobs posted on p1 of this thread didn't mention Bayern Munich, who've appointed a certain Senor Guardiola for next season...

Mourinho still has time left on his Real contract he just said he considered leaving.

I'd love it to be Jose Mourinho but I don't think he will suit them. Moyes would suit them more as Mourinho is very controversial and always takes the limelight instead of his players.

What you have to remember with Mourinho is that he rarely sticks around for long in a job. I see Jose coming in for 2/3 years as he is one man who won't be phased by succeeding SAF.

Then Moyes will come in long-term.

I think that you can't be as successful as he's been without being a decent person, deep down - you have to understand people and have empathy for them.

SAF may come across as a right old so-and-so, but I bet if you sat down for a drink* with him you'd discover he's a top, top bloke.

*note the singular form there!

I think that you can't be as successful as he's been without being a decent person, deep down - you have to understand people and have empathy for them.

SAF may come across as a right old so-and-so, but I bet if you sat down for a drink* with him you'd discover he's a top, top bloke.

*note the singular form there!

Agreed. He's obviously one eyed when it comes to his football , but strikes me as the sort of fella who hasn't forgotten his roots.

Up there with the Shankleys, Paisleys and Chapmans of British management.

Don't like him or his club but what am astounding manager.

Not directed at Jordan personally, but this must be up there with my list of pet peeves: "up there with Shankly, Paisley and Chapman" not what you wrote. There was only one of each.

Not directed at Jordan personally, but this must be up there with my list of pet peeves: "up there with Shankly, Paisley and Chapman" not what you wrote. There was only one of each.

I pluralised them because there will undoubtedly be someone willing to challenge those three as the top British managers, so it gives scope for more to be added if need be.

He is in the list with the managers of that ilk. I'm sure I could have worded it better though.

Mourinho has been playing a game with the media,I'm sure he knew what was happening 6 months ago,can't see anyone else but him getting the job.

I've been telling people since Real Madrid knocked Man Utd out of the Champions League this season that Ferguson was going to retire and Mourinho would be taking over.

Some of the quotes they were making at the time and the mutual love-in between the two was ridiculous! What other reason could there have been for Mourinho to claim afterwards that United were the better side despite losing could there have been unless he knew he was lined up to go there next season? There were plenty of other quotes from both of them at the time as well, although I don;t remember any specifics.

Looks like it's David Moyes to take over football's 7th biggest job (according to Jordan anyways).

When Brendan Rogers leaves Liverpool, that's when the REAL ****storm will begin.

Everything I read suggests Moyes is favourite. I cannot fathom this myself: not sure how winning no silverware at Everton and failing at his one go at European Cup football qualifies him for the United job.

Everything I read suggests Moyes is favourite. I cannot fathom this myself: not sure how winning no silverware at Everton and failing at his one go at European Cup football qualifies him for the United job.

its more to do with his track record in devloping players and record in the transfer market

Archived