IGNORED

Goalkeeper Targets?

solo1bc

Is 31 too old for a goalkeeper? Especially if Castanheira is good enough to be developed in a couple of years.

Stuart Nelson? - been a fan since I saw us beat Brentford at Griffin Park in '04. Still a very athletic keeper

Martin Allen has taken him down to Gillingham - pulled off some saves last season that were worthy of a top L1-Mid Champ keeper

Joe Murphy? - Same age as Nelson - Always good for banter at Scunny looked a good shot stopper, now at Cov

Is 31 too old for a goalkeeper? Especially if Castanheira is good enough to be developed in a couple of years.

Stuart Nelson? - been a fan since I saw us beat Brentford at Griffin Park in '04. Still a very athletic keeper

Martin Allen has taken him down to Gillingham - pulled off some saves last season that were worthy of a top L1-Mid Champ keeper

Joe Murphy? - Same age as Nelson - Always good for banter at Scunny looked a good shot stopper, now at Cov

Can't stand Nelson, bad history with City fans at Griffin Park.

I always thought there was something, what happened?

I must have been looking away, love going to GP have only missed 2 brentford trips since '97

He was getting the usual (mostly good natured) stick from City fans and when they scored up the other end he celebrated wildly, and very deliberately, a few feet away from us.

After that he was prancing about his area occasionally making what appeared to be thinly disguised hand signals at us as he 'scratched his back' or whatever. You could understand him 'giving a bit back' but this was well over the top.

Agree about Grifin Park, great ground to visit, and looking forward to going back there - I did prefer that open end though.

Here's the list from the PFA site... http://www.thepfa.com/transferlist/listedplayers/sortbydate/gk/-1/-1/-1/-1/1/

Turnbull, Camp, Weaver all out of contract... Also spotted Basso is available!! :blink:

That's depressing reading. The good ones (Turnbull, Camp, Mucha) will have no interest whatsoever in League One football and the rest are either cack or youngsters from Premier League clubs. Rachubka would be the best of the rest I think, though could probably find himself a Championship club.

Archived