IGNORED

Goalkeeper Targets?

solo1bc

Yep, think you may be right. Huge amount of experience, number 1 spot plus a longish contract at his age would be very tempting for him albeit with a drop in wages, plus there is that SOD connection. Fits the bill.

It does make sense. Would be delighted with that as well.

http://matchincome.com/2012/12/24/ross-turnbull-salary-or-income/

14,000 Euros per week according to this, about £11,500 then? May take £5-6k here?

Yeah he may take that considering, he's had a good few years at Chelsea raking it in, and he just wants to play week in week out now.

I still think Lee Camp is more likely ;)

If Turnbull was on nearly 20k at Chelsea that proves how mad the games gone! Never been a starter in the premier league and picking up nearly 20k a week. Staggering.

Lee Camp I would be absolutely over the moon with, always looked solid against us. Though presumably would also have to take a fair wage cut to come here and would have offers from Championship clubs with his experience. We can hope!

How about the Hearts keeper Jamie MacDonald. As hearts are flogging all of their players maybe we could pick him up cheap. I have seen him play on TV a few times, and he seems at least league 1 standard. I doubt he would be on very high wages and he is 26 or 27 so he is not a bad age for a keeper.

I would be delighted but it sounds too good to be true!! Surely he will have championship offers?

Possibly, but maybe only as cover so he would still have to take a drop in wages and he wouldn't be offered more than a years contract. Number 1 with us plus 3 years and the bright lights of Bristol would temp Camp I'm sure. Get your gloves on Lee.

Possibly, but maybe only as cover so he would still have to take a drop in wages and he wouldn't be offered more than a years contract. Number 1 with us plus 3 years and the bright lights of Bristol would temp Camp I'm sure. Get your gloves on Lee.

That would be the absolute dream. Still a top top keeper! We can only hope!

Crikey, Camp would be a great coup. Bring him in with Woods as back up and we are sorted in that department for the next 5 years at least. Bring in Reeves and keep Cunningham, Adomah and Baldock and we're laughing!!

I really cannot see us getting Lee Camp, as much as I'd love it.

Camp seems very unlikely:

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/ipswich_town_priced_out_of_a_move_for_lee_camp_1_2203959

"Championship side Ipswich Town have reportedly been priced out of a move for goalkeeper Lee Camp this summer.

The Tractor Boys were believed to be keen to sign the Northern Ireland international once his contract with East Anglian rivals Norwich City had expired next month.

However, having held initial talks with the 28-year-old, the club have decided that they cannot meet his wage demands, according to the East Anglian Daily Times.

It is thought that because of finances, Ipswich will mainly target free agents during the summer."

Camp seems very unlikely:

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/ipswich_town_priced_out_of_a_move_for_lee_camp_1_2203959

"Championship side Ipswich Town have reportedly been priced out of a move for goalkeeper Lee Camp this summer.

The Tractor Boys were believed to be keen to sign the Northern Ireland international once his contract with East Anglian rivals Norwich City had expired next month.

However, having held initial talks with the 28-year-old, the club have decided that they cannot meet his wage demands, according to the East Anglian Daily Times.

It is thought that because of finances, Ipswich will mainly target free agents during the summer."

No-one would pay his wages as a number 2 which is what he would have been at Ipswich. Number 1 at City with a drop in salary but a 3 year security contract would be to his liking.

Crikey, Camp would be a great coup. Bring him in with Woods as back up and we are sorted in that department for the next 5 years at least. Bring in Reeves and keep Cunningham, Adomah and Baldock and we're laughing!!

Surely then people on here will have genuine hope of us bouncing straight back up, instead of the 'lets consolidate for a couple of years' I've been seeing.

Loved this comment from SoD on that BBC article :

"We are close on one or two things with a goalkeeper. but nothing that really looks like it will get over the line in the next couple of weeks."

Excellent - that's just what we're looking for - a keeper that doesn't let anything get over the line. Good work SoD.

Archived