IGNORED

Goalkeeper Targets?

solo1bc

Just an educated guess, I reckon.

Shea has just one league game on loan to Dagenham and Redbridge behind him and at 22 is now too old for the U21 side, unless he played for them as an over age player.

He could be one of the two keepers S O'D is inviting for trial, of course, but there is no way he's the guy we are looking at to be next season's first choice with that level of inexperience.

A 5'11 22 year old keeper with one game exp? No TA!

It was me who mentioned Henderson BTW and I still think he could be an option on loan as he's likely to be 3rd choice at West Ham. Might cost a bit though unless we can do some kind of deal on his wages.

I'd drive Hendo back myself, let me know and I'll fill the car up. Shocking that we ever let him go, instead bringing in DJ - who wasn't a bad keeper, but was an OAP

Henderson isn't a bad shout but I'm not sure he'd want to come back after not playing previously

Agree with this, however, we've got a new manager now and an experienced one at that, the club is a lot different from when he was here last. We also have no other first team keepers and we're playing in L1, so anyone coming in is pretty much guaranteed 50 games a season unless they end up guilty of poor form. One other potential factor is Henderson's wages at West Ham, I'm sure he'd be on a fairly decent wage package.

For some reason, I've always had it in my head that Fielding isn't that good a keeper but the reviews from Derby fans seem to disprove that misconception in my head. Sounds quite promising if we can pull it off. If not, I also liked the sound of the Hartlepool keeper, Scott Flinders.

Archived