IGNORED

Goalkeeper Targets?

solo1bc

A bit surprised that the forum's been quiet on potential goalkeeper targets especially as we need at least 2 and potentially 3 new signings there...

Who do we think should be targetted? Is this one area where the age policy for new signings should be ignored? Young talent from the lower leagues or experienced journeyman from the Championship/Prem? Both?

I'd have said it will be 1 potentially 2 to be honest. Not many rumours about this position tho I agree. I'd hope we get someone with a bit of experience tho. Camp has been mentioned on other threads and if available and afforded, he'd be my choice with Castanheira as backup.

I'd have said it will be 1 potentially 2 to be honest. Not many rumours about this position tho I agree. I'd hope we get someone with a bit of experience tho. Camp has been mentioned on other threads and if available and afforded, he'd be my choice with Castanheira as backup.

Trust me when I say two keepers will be joining us.

Trust me when I say two keepers will be joining us.

Yeah I'd have thought so too... Don't know much about Castanheira though so is he rated? Looked online and all I can find is that he had trials at Stoke & Blackburn before us?

In addition to the ongoing Flinders rumour there has been talk of Scott Brown of Cheltenham who was with us before when Mike Stowell was here.

If we do sign 2 keepers Gary Woods will be considered as well, I expect.

Lee

Lee Camp joining us? Yea right !

Obviously two will join. We won't go into a season with one senior keeper. Nobody does that.

I would like us to sign Thorsten Stuckmann from PNE. Huge, imposing goalkeeping who is out of contract.

I'm of the same opinion Dave , although I have debated this with another poster who is adamant only 1 keeper is required. I expect he'll be along soon to share his thoughts !

Reddave, I didn't say it would definitely only be 1, I said it will be 1 (definitely) and potentially 2 rather than the definite 2 and potential 3 as stated in the op.

Marksy, as for camp, I agree unlikely but would be my choice. Never said I thought it'd happen. Think flinders much more realistic but can still prefer lee camp.

This will be the first season of FFP, so it is not inconceivable that clubs may now start to opt for one senior GK. With the emergency loan system as a back up and a junior/reserve GK on the bench! Seems to make sense!

I wouldn't be surprised either. But not sure which way S O'D will go.

OP; There is absolutely no way we will sign three Goalkeepers.

Personally I'd much prefer us to just sign the one as long as that one has a good fitness record and isn't known for going missing through injury. Castanheira would get to gain a lot of matchday experience on the bench then and if worst comes to worst the emergency loan market for Goalkeepers always seemed a very quick process.

Now we've got that new gk coach from Cardiff, any thoughts on us getting Joe Lewis off them?

Used to be pretty highly thought of, but would they want back up with more prem exp next season? Guess he might be to expensive though as well.

p/x for Albert (plus a fee).

Now we've got that new gk coach from Cardiff, any thoughts on us getting Joe Lewis off them?

Used to be pretty highly thought of, but would they want back up with more prem exp next season? Guess he might be to expensive though as well.

Good shout if affordable, still only 25 and was doing well at Peterborough before Malaysia inexplicably signed him only to shove him in the reserves all season!

This is an area that I want to see us bring in some experience, rather than trying to go into the season with an inexperienced youngster between the sticks.

S'OD seems to be "building from the back" as it were, with a CB targeted as well as defensive midfielder in Jordan Wynter, and I'm sure he's well aware of the importance of a solid, dependable keeper.

I'm sure he'd have loved to keep Heaton, but you can't blame him for wanting to stay in the championship.

Archived