IGNORED

Goalkeeper Targets?

solo1bc

Jalal was rumoured to be interesting us last week.

Bournemouth signed Allsopp from Leyton Orient last season and at one stage were in the bizarre situation of having 5 keepers on their books, but having got rid of David James and another of their keepers Flavahan doesn't appear a likely starter realistically they have 3.

This guy was a regular first choice at times for them so might be a possibility, I guess.

Jalal was rumoured to be interesting us last week.

Bournemouth signed Allsopp from Leyton Orient last season and at one stage were in the bizarre situation of having 5 keepers on their books, but having got rid of David James and another of their keepers Flavahan doesn't appear a likely starter realistically they have 3.

This guy was a regular first choice at times for them so might be a possibility, I guess.

Why did he lose his place? I watched Jalal play not long ago for Bournemouth and he was a class act. I had wondered what happened to him.

I see sod has said on the os that we are signing a new number 1 and a under 21 to act as number two like I said

Makes perfectly good sense to be honest. It would be a waste of money paying an experienced keeper to sit on the bench twiddling his thumbs and getting no game time.

I like the sound of a young keeper with potential being the number 2, as well as still getting game time to improve.

I see sod has said on the os that we are signing a new number 1 and a under 21 to act as number two like I said

Not quite , as I recall , you wanted us to sign 1 keeper and use Castanheira as the number 2 keeper.

Fair enough. Always thought he was OK, have to admit though I'm a bit out of touch.

Don't know too many of the others.

Who would you suggest?

Notts County keeper, or the Norway u21 keeper that played against England today providing he plays like that every time! He was brilliant!

Notts County keeper, or the Norway u21 keeper that played against England today providing he plays like that every time! He was brilliant!

Nyland plays for Molde (Solskjaer's team) so presumably playing some form of European football this coming season.

A question asked to him on twitter was 'are you going to be with us next season?' And he answered 'looks like it yes'

Don't think we would be in for him anyway

"Looks like it" is hardly a ringing endorsement of his commitment. If I was a fan I'd be expecting a "absolutely, can't wait to get started".

Anyway, why wouldn't we be interested? Local, young, a very good keeper (voted best in League One). I'd be disappointed if we weren't interested.

Would be a good acquisition no doubt about it, but until now, he hasn't been mentioned a an option. Simply because he would probably cost is a fair bit to buy

I agree in that I don't think Swindon's new board would dare sell their prize asset. They're under fire already with a number of key players leaving. Maybe Moore at Brentford is seen as more affordable.

Goalkeepers on the PFA Free Transfer list with PL experience.

Ross Turnbull

Lee Camp

Mark Schwarzer

Jan Mucha

Carlo Nash

Nicky Weaver

Brian Jensen

Paul Rachubka

Steven Simonsen

Turnbull or Camp stand out for me

Agree, though Brian Jensen is an outside possibility, too.

Of the others Mucha was rumoured to be one of Everton's highest paid players and he wouldn't drop that far, nor would Schwarzer.

Weaver didn't have a club last season, Nash is too old and Rachubka is rubbish, Simonsen played in the SPL last season and is talking about staying there.

Archived