IGNORED

New Kit Announcement

Ian M

Those white bits on the sleeve, damn what were they thinking. The guy stood at the front of the 3 modelling the home kit makes it look all wrong. Not his fault as he is just standing there but damn those white bits!!

Away shirt is much better although, why didn't they follow the stripes all the way down the sleeve?? Makes it look like you are wearing another black shirt underneath or that the shirt was manufactured with a bit missing so they added the extra bit!!

• Admin

I actually like the home kit, seen as Ive dropped a shed load of weight recently and like the classic 3 stripe shoulders I may purchase it. I think the last shirt I got was 2004ish. Would be cracking for use at Gym and chilling etc,

RMLF, people on this forum have been quick to label you habitually negative. Would it be more accurate to say you perpetually play the role of devil's advocate? ;)

On the subject of kits, the new Chelsea away kit is a great example of design

chelsea-away.jpg

It's not overly fussy, it's clean and simple and just looks the part. No I'm not a Chelsea fan I just like nice football kits!

Now, I loathe Chelsea but that's a lovely kit

We used to have an away kit similar a few years back with black 'n' red stripes across the middle

Just had a look

Home kit utterly horrible, what the hell are those white bits? Why couldn't we just have had a reverse of the away kit, with red instead of black? Away kit quite nice

Glad that this will be the last year of Adidas and their hateful templates

The 'armbands' look a lot better in the pictures from today, since the shirt actually fits the modelling players. Whereas yesterday a picture of a younger fan in a shirt too big for him didn't give off the best look tbh. Not the best shirt ever, but I don't really care, it's what they do in it what counts, and if we go onto win the league or have a lengthy cup run in it, I'm sure people will start to like it then! Like the away effort as well, simple and effective.

• Admin

The best kit I've seen so far in our division has to be Brentford no fuc#ing about nice and simple with no tacky extras added.

New-Brentford-Kit-13-14.png

In the spirit of OTIB I'd like to point out it could be better if they moved the Adidas logo to the left hand red stripe and centred the Brentford badge on the right hand red stripe.

B+ Could do better.

I thought everyone would have bigger things to worry about, considering we're preparing for a new season in a new division with a new playing philosophy and a large number of new players.

But guess I was wrong... A bit of white on a football shirt is obviously more important.

I thought everyone would have bigger things to worry about, considering we're preparing for a new season in a new division with a new playing philosophy and a large number of new players.

But guess I was wrong... A bit of white on a football shirt is obviously more important.

So what are suggesting?, running worry beads through our hands for the next 3 months?, or make the Aden Flint thread the longest in history?, this is the only news in town at the moment and as mod I would have thought you of all people should realise that and not make holier than thou statements, I think you'll find the season actually starts in august, plenty of time then worry about who can be the next hate figure and why we still cannot defend or why we don't need a midfield at all.

Recently Citys top table took to yooot tube to define a philosophy off the park.

Bold and audacious it sounded, praps even encouraging that the clubs was defining a clear sense of self. Misty eyed talk of consultation and fan engagement.

Then the club unveiled a shirt with bog roll wrapped around its arms.

Recently Citys top table took to yooot tube to define a philosophy off the park.

Bold and audacious it sounded, praps even encouraging that the clubs was defining a clear sense of self. Misty eyed talk of consultation and fan engagement.

:laugh:

made I laugh

Yeah I saw that clip, the bit that sort of pissed me off was SL saying "in the past people have said Steve Lansdown can pay for that, well not anymore". I cannot recall ever having asked SL to pay for anything, has anybody else? and of course firstly he could quite easily have said 'NO' and had he appointed better managers then perhaps he wouldn't have spent so much in the name of the club, don't blame me Steve.

Yeah I saw that clip, the bit that sort of pissed me off was SL saying "in the past people have said Steve Lansdown can pay for that, well not anymore". I cannot recall ever having asked SL to pay for anything, has anybody else? and of course firstly he could quite easily have said 'NO' and had he appointed better managers then perhaps he wouldn't have spent so much in the name of the club, don't blame me Steve.

Can't argue with that.

You are a mod and have thousands of posts mate. Weird that I never noticed your post before but maybe it is not. I have watched city in four divisions but don't get bent out of shape much by the football so much. different things are important to some of us. I find the endless banging on at the team dull and also pointless. fans cant affect the starting eleven via a forum. But things like the clubs tradition and identity?? Fans can help shape that and do.

Its the club who talking about pillars and vision then chuck out this kit mentioning in the evening post feedback from fans. Well it looks like they are taking the piss there and a club out of touch might worry some again. Doesn't have to be like that they have a supporters trust and parliament at least to consult fans who have a real connection to this club unlike some of its employees on the board who are here for money, but no that was not an option. Given the recent big spin that is poor.

Archived