IGNORED

Marlon Harewood

citylad05

Have we really lowered ourselves to offering a contract to the likes of Marlon Harewood, he was absolutely awful at Blackpool who couldn't get rid of him quick enough and no better at Forest or Barnsley from what I can tell.

Are we back to the days of Savage etc?

And what do those clubs have in common that we don't?

Its one signing as the manager thinks we could use some more experience!

The policy has not changed but sometimes you have to make an exception to the rule for expedience sake. If the guy gets a contract it's because he/SoD thinks he can bring something more to a very young squad.

Lets face it, if you're a 19 year old in any trade having someone around that has been there and done that near you helps make you more confident of your own ability!!

Just give it a chance!

a better option then Taylor or Davies in my opinion , the younger lads around him well profit from having him on pitch imo tooo .... and yes i did go today , he is intelligent and will bring others into the game .. que the moaning but i couldnt care less , all most of u do is constantly bitch irrelevant

I think most of the moaners have made their minds up no matter what, I went today and he was our best striker.

Held the ball up well, played some neat one two's and his passing was ok.

I would be more worried about Davies he did not look interested.

Always good to hear an opinion from someone who was there, cheers.

I was there and he was crap, as expected! didn't rate him before the game and saw nothing to change my mind! and its hardly saying a lot comparing him to our other miss firing strike force.

decent.

point is, bitching is not going to do anything. Make a judgement when/if he plays for us...

I'm not I'm just having to defend my opinion to the happy clappers. And its not as if you don't have baggage when it comes to bitching on here now is it... :laugh:

Thought he made more of a nuisance of himself than Davies did in the second half. With a few games under his belt and the right guidance from SOD i'm sure he will do a job for us in this league. We have lacked a big unit up front for a number of seasons now and he could give us more options. Think the team SOD put out in the first half wont be too far off the one that starts against Bradford. Add Flint, Bryan & Kilkenny from the team that played the 2nd 45 and pick your 11 from those 14.

Now as much as I'm not particularly overjoyed at the idea of us signing him, lets not forget he only met the squad yesterday, has hardly had a pre season and is well behind the rest of the team in terms of fitness.

He was never going to rock up today and tear FGR apart.

Just imagine if this was GJ signing him and not St SOD, the forum would be in melt down and a list of GJ's failed lumps would be trotted out, apart from the St SOD factor I see no difference whatsoever.

Erm, the difference is the finance. GJ had wads of cash to spend and wasted it on tripe like styvar, Clarkson and abysmal loans eg. John and agejyman. SODs budget is nowhere near as big and we are also in league 1 further limiting his choice. Simples!

Think the team SOD put out in the first half wont be too far off the one that starts against Bradford. Add Flint, Bryan & Kilkenny from the team that played the 2nd 45 and pick your 11 from those 14.

I would add Bobby Reid to that and won't be far wrong.

I think most of the moaners have made their minds up no matter what, I went today and he was our best striker.

Held the ball up well, played some neat one two's and his passing was ok.

I would be more worried about Davies he did not look interested.

25 goals since the 07/08 season is a poor record for any striker, he couldn't strike the ball without there being a player in front of him. If he spends the whole season with his head staring at the floor whilst shooting we won't get ANY goals.

Erm, the difference is the finance. GJ had wads of cash to spend and wasted it on tripe like styvar, Clarkson and abysmal loans eg. John and agejyman. SODs budget is nowhere near as big and we are also in league 1 further limiting his choice. Simples!

Agree with that, although you may be burned at the stake for dissing GJ!

a better option then Taylor or Davies in my opinion , the younger lads around him well profit from having him on pitch imo tooo .... and yes i did go today , he is intelligent and will bring others into the game .. que the moaning but i couldnt care less , all most of u do is constantly bitch irrelevant

Well said Pooki !!

25 goals since the 07/08 season is a poor record for any striker, he couldn't strike the ball without there being a player in front of him. If he spends the whole season with his head staring at the floor whilst shooting we won't get ANY goals.

We won't get 'ANY' goals?

Not being petty, but you've put some emphasis on this and I must say....

Shit post.

Would be fair to compare him with our other strikers who have been playing in the same team for a good season.

Harewood walks in and expects to shine up front all of a sudden?

S'OD would be looking at what he could do with Harewood and not expecting miracles.

Perhaps he will be on a "pay as you play" I'm hearing. either way he will be signing on the cheap, as to fit in with the new club rules, so no worries about the huge wages people are talking about, also on a rolling 1 year contract. I think you may be all suprised what he will be like in the 3rd div! Also need to consider SOD's thoughts around bringing some experience into an extremely young team. There maybe method in the madness !

Archived