IGNORED

Marlon Harewood

citylad05

This isn't reality, in fact it's the exact opposite, it's anonymity will breed fantasy that's the nature of the beast, the Internet is escapism to draw conclusion and analysis of a poster is completely nonsensical.

I would have to totally disagree with this ........................... I wonder how Mozo and his pet Giraffe Trevor are getting on !!

If you put 11719 people in one room in real life and asked them to talk about a subject they care strongly about there would be arguments.

Some people would take sides in the argument.

Some people would try and mediate.

If things continued to get out of hand Old Bill would be called in.

Not really that different to on here, except here it hasn't (yet) escalated to physical violence and criminal charges being applied.

Ian,,

I don't know about 11719, but I reckon there are some posters on here, who if in a room on their own would probably start an argument!

With all due respect, Wolf, I think you rather shoot yourself in the foot here.

On the one hand, you insist that it's not possible to infer much about posters' motivation from what they write. (In fact, it's "nonsensical" to try to do so, according to you).

Then you do exactly that, by stating: "a fair few posters" are merely embarking on a "light hearted internet jaunt" - thus claiming to know what their mindset is, having only just told us this can't be done. How do you know they're only larking about, then?

You might want to think that one through again.

I don't disagree, though, that some of us might just having a laugh..... :laughcont:

I didn't mention people's motivation for posting on here, those are you words a d your interpretation of what you thought I meant or maybe what you thought you'd like me to mean, see where we are going here.

If we were all in a room as in Ian M's post then we would be able to draw realistic impression of what people's views were, a realistic situation provokes more than words, indeed most importantly delivery of those words and use of body language.

So I'll stick to my guns and the conclusion that trying to understand someone's psyche, persona is indeed nonsensical.

I didn't mention people's motivation for posting on here

Yes, you did, actually, quite clearly, in your second sentence, which is why I responded to it, unless you think it makes a difference that you used the word as a verb rather than a noun. Re-read it yourself, if you can't remember what you wrote.

And yes, I've had enough of it now, too, and I'll join you in the sun, but If there's one thing on OTIB that pees me off, if it's being told in effect that I can't read properly. So, sorry for the pedantry, but I just felt compelled to point that out.

Yes, you did, actually, quite clearly, in your second sentence, which is why I responded to it, unless you think it makes a difference that you used the word as a verb rather than a noun. Re-read it yourself, if you can't remember what you wrote.

And yes, I've had enough of it now, too, and I'll join you in the sun, but If there's one thing on OTIB that pees me off, if it's being told in effect that I can't read properly. So, sorry for the pedantry, but I just felt compelled to point that out.

You can read, I just questioned the ability to understand what I was saying, interpretation has two parties, my writing is far from perfect, although I'd say the sentiment of my content is without error.

;-)

Archived