IGNORED

Marlon Harewood

citylad05

Absolutely no way he will be on a pay as you play deal.

He will get a 1 year contract on low wages.

Worth a punt IMO. I think SOD knows enough about him from his forest days. I like the feel of a young team, but you have to make sure the RIGHT type of experience is around to rub off.

I agree. A 1-year deal could be a shrewd move. The squad needs some experience and leadership, and if he can bring that, even if he's not playing every game, then he could be a useful signing. Some of the reactions on this thread to this possible signing are pathetic. We've signed exclusively young, up and coming players this summer, a dose of experience is essential. I'd like to see us bring in an experienced central midfielder too, we are going to need these kind of players in a tough league.

I like the majority on here , I'd be a little underwhelmed if we do sign Harewood. Although I thought similar of Stead before I heard Ipswich fans rave about his perfomances as he joined us.

The main concern for me is his age, but lets not judge a player before he even played a competitive match game if he does sign. In some ways the signing would make sense if he can hold up the ball up well then linking up with Baldock and Jet. This is assuming Davies leaves.

I could not be more disappointed at the thought of signing Marlon bloody Harewood. He's forged a career in football even though he has done little of note for season upon season now. I fail to see why we should expect him to be anything other than pony for us. IF he comes on board I won't write him off until he has had a fair crack at it, but am thoroughly disappointed this donkey is someone we are looking at. Cheap or not, in my opinion its money best left over until January when the squads performance can be evaluated and necessary tweaks made. Whilst we could possibly do with another striker, why not a short-term loan? That may be seen as a gamble, but there is little to suggest that Harewood will be pulling up any trees here and with no possible resale value, I don't see this as the more shrewd move.

I could not be more disappointed at the thought of signing Marlon bloody Harewood. He's forged a career in football even though he has done little of note for season upon season now. I fail to see why we should expect him to be anything other than pony for us.

I'm assuming you haven't watched him play every week at every club he's been at so are basing your opinion solely on his goalscoring record. He wouldn't be signed as a goalscorer, he would be signed for all the other things he can bring to help others score goals while chipping in every now and then himself. Stead was hardly prolific but I'd have him here without a second thought. And whatever people say about Emile Heskey, Michael Owen scored the goals he did because of Heskey. Harewood wouldn't be my choice either but I can understand the reasons why he might be offered something.

Yes he appears to be unprofessional, greedy with set pieces and not interested.

Also he is overweight and has a bad attitude.

I think he should be shown the door, he will either get him self and the club into trouble by his actions on the pitch or will detiriate* and become unplayable

what a joker

I'm assuming you haven't watched him play every week at every club he's been at so are basing your opinion solely on his goalscoring record. He wouldn't be signed as a goalscorer, he would be signed for all the other things he can bring to help others score goals while chipping in every now and then himself. Stead was hardly prolific but I'd have him here without a second thought. And whatever people say about Emile Heskey, Michael Owen scored the goals he did because of Heskey. Harewood wouldn't be my choice either but I can understand the reasons why he might be offered something.

Agreed !!! The heskey thing for me was really interesting, people ranting that he was a cart horse and no good, yet his strike partners score hat full's. I guess it's all about opinion but I do scratch my head when highly paid extremely experienced football people that have spent there life in football get torn apart by people (possibly and probably never played higher than park football) on sites like this for picking players like Heskey . As I say it's all about opinion I guess, that's why I love football !

first rule of posting on otib is understanding that all forwards must score every game and their contribution to the team is irrelevant.

first rule of posting on otib is understanding that all forwards must score every game and their contribution to the team is irrelevant.

Slightly harsh, no one expected Stead to score every game and he was loved on here..... Plus you are missing the point as to why most don't want him here, in the main its more to do with his age then anything else, even though he is rubbish.

Plus you are missing the point as to why most don't want him here, in the main its more to do with his age .

And ironically, this is one of the main reasons that S'OD wants him - Character, experience, professionalism, mentality and what he brings to the group as a whole....

What I love about this thread is the 'so you think you know more about football than SOD' or 'if SOD thinks he worth a punt'.

I bet the same posters posted the same anthem for Wilson, Tinnion, GJ, Coppell, Millen and DMC and look what happened to them and not forgetting the shite they all left us with.

I hope it comes off but it is a very risky signing, a type of signing that virtually always end in tears for us.

What I love about this thread is the 'so you think you know more about football than SOD' or 'if SOD thinks he worth a punt'.

I bet the same posters posted the same anthem for Wilson, Tinnion, GJ, Coppell, Millen and DMC and look what happened to them and not forgetting the shite they all left us with.

I hope it comes off but it is a very risky signing, a type of signing that virtually always end in tears for us.

All of those names know more about football in their little fingers then us fans as they are pro's in the game and have worked in it for a very long time

I would love MH to sign and be a reasonable success, simply to show half of you fcuking idiots up as the bully boy, keyboard warriors that you actually are.

Those same posters will just "disappear" for a while if MH becomes a success, it's happened time after time over the years.

It's the OTIB way,slag a player before he's kicked a ball for the club, then hope that he fails so they can say they told us so.

When it goes the other way they just hide.

Tinnion is running our Academy recruitment.

Millen is an Assistant Manager at a Premier League club.

DMc has got another job.

GJ, not my favourite Manager at the Gate if I'm honest, is managing one of the smallest clubs in the football league in the Championship this year.

A better track record in football than any of us on here to be fair.

Those same posters will just "disappear" for a while if MH becomes a success, it's happened time after time over the years.

It's the OTIB way,slag a player before he's kicked a ball for the club, then hope that he fails so they can say they told us so.

When it goes the other way they just hide.

Very true a lot.of sod's critics seem to of disappeared since his signings but you can bet top dollar they will be out in force when we lose our first game

Very true a lot.of sod's critics seem to of disappeared since his signings but you can bet top dollar they will be out in force when we lose our first game

Be ready for his critics to be out in force for a while then. It is clear to anyone with even half an ounce of football knowledge that SOD is attempting to build a team from the back. On the evidence of pre-season so far whilst he is doing that we are not looking much of a threat at the other end. To get the back right, work through the middle and then the top end will take time. That is time the Board must give him despite the fact that we are likely to be mid-table or thereabouts for quite a while whilst the changes are made and the keyboard warriors will be out in force make no mistake about that.

If City are anywhere near the top six at Christmas then I think we will be in for a very good season. But if not then we will have to be patient, clear out the remaining deadwood who are happy to be here for the money and come back stronger next time round.

Finally, some are starting to recognise that this forum is full of bullies and people trying to stir trouble.

I've said for many a year, to friends and to club officials, that this forum should not be allowed to be so "anonymous".

IMO it should be regulated and only open to season ticket holders, who need to openly display who they are/where they sit.

Lets see if people are as brave with their opinions then..!?!

Finally, some are starting to recognise that this forum is full of bullies and people trying to stir trouble.

I've said for many a year, to friends and to club officials, that this forum should not be allowed to be so "anonymous".

IMO it should be regulated and only open to season ticket holders, who need to openly display who they are/where they sit.

Spot on.....a lot probably hardly come to many games anyway.

Iam a bit shocked by certain individuals and the venom with which they express their opinions however , there exists a form of régulation already and i think it is up to the mods to advise those individuals who depass the barriers to cool it with out losing the freedom of expression .

However not everybody can be a season ticket holder obviously and everybody has the right to contribute their ideals .

There you go,reasoned debate. How was it for you?

Thats the single most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this 'FORUM'... congratulations! Oh and do stop taking life so seriously.

i believe in Sean O'driscoll and hope if he does sign Marlon then fingers crossed it works out! i thought he did ok for Barnsley towards the end and played a few games. I personally would like to see Davies and Baldock up front next season. I wouldnt mind seeing Harewood as a hold up sub or a replacement for davies if injured. I dont rate Tayor so id put Emmanuel Thomas further up field.

Thats the single most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this 'FORUM'... congratulations! Oh and do stop taking life so seriously.

I suppose it would be, because it challenges your anonymous, keyboard warrior status of slating people with no come back....?

tl;dr this entire thread, but lets not forget we are playing league 1, not champions league, MH would get goals at this leval, but is he really joining us?

and how many doubters would cry if he was top scorer?

For me, I trust in SoD, a fit hungry MH would get goals, im positive of it.

I would welcome him persoanlly

i believe in Sean O'Driscoll and hope if he does sign Marlon then fingers crossed it works out! i thought he did ok for Barnsley towards the end and played a few games. I personally would like to see Davies and Baldock up front next season. I wouldnt mind seeing Harewood as a hold up sub or a replacement for davies if injured. I dont rate Tayor so id put Emmanuel Thomas further up field.

I'll be very surprised if Davies is still with City in a week's time, and I think it's far from certain that Baldock will still be here at the end of August.

Archived