IGNORED

Marlon Harewood

citylad05

think I'm right in saying this is one of the games B

Basso made a right cock up of David James

I have to be honest this was by far my favourite game we had during our entire time in the standard. thought we were going to get hammered then 2nd half Dele tore them apart.championship....drinking all afternoon.....torrential rain, 2-0 down against a very good side then an utterly dominant 2nd half display led by adebola in what looked like hurricane conditions to draw 2-2, getting soaked on the walk back to the hen and chicken, more drinking finished off with a curry at the Clove....great great day

I think we need a big man to go with Baldock, I agree with SOD on that. I'm not sure Marlon Harewood is the answer.

EDIT: Though I am judging without seeing Harewodd play for us or with Baldock.

I'm with you on this. I guess you have a gut feeling about a player, and my gut says no but will be delighted to be proved wrong.

If he was on a pay as you play contract I actually think he wouldnt be too bad a signing. Someone to bring on 10-20 minutes if we need a goal and to give us a plan B.

That said if we was bought in as a replacement for Davies or Baldock I would see it as a poor signing. Considering he has only scored 2 goals in the past two seasons and I think Davies and Baldock would both get at least 15 plus in this league (provided they stay fit).

On a par with Ryan Taylor then.

Wasn't everyone slating Stead before he joined. Look, each player works differently in different teams and if he has different players working around them. He may not have like his surroundings etc at other clubs. Lets just see him player for Bristol City before we start slagging him off.

Welcome to Bristol City Marlon.

I suppose its to much to ask that people give him a fair chance and actually watch him play and then making a rational judgement before venting their per conceived judgements-yeh thought so! Well at the end of the day it's s.o.d. s decision to make not ours. and as I'm not arrogant enough to think I know more about that player in particular or football in general than he does I'll trust his judgement on whether or not to make the signing..

Old maybe. But he has regularly played championship and premier league football. And when starting hasn't got a bad record. If he can produce he will be an excellent signing. Big powerful bullier of defenders who will get you goals.

Yes I can't say I ever rated that highly at premiership level but he has scored at that level. It was only 2 years back he had roughly 1 in 2 rate in the prem and championship.

He has never played this low down the football pyramid before, other than a brief spell in China. I think that is all we need to know. He is clearly good enough. If he comes here and wants to play, he could be a excellent signing.

Equally he could be awful. But don't judge the bloke on not looking great in the prem. For two or three seasons when played regularly he tore up the championship bagging lots of goals (I think alongside david johnson)

I suppose its to much to ask that people give him a fair chance and actually watch him play and then making a rational judgement before venting their per conceived judgements-yeh thought so! Well at the end of the day it's s.o.d. s decision to make not ours. and as I'm not arrogant enough to think I know more about that player in particular or football in general than he does I'll trust his judgement on whether or not to make the signing..

My thoughts exactly. Am keeping an open mind. If SOD and his coaching team can get him in shape (if he needs it) don't see why he couldn't still do a job in League 1.

Archived