IGNORED

Marlon Harewood

citylad05

I'm also unconvinced that Elliott is the midfield experience that SOD wants, wouldn't be surprised to see someone SOD knows well come in to the midfield role, similar to Brian Stock.

Don't forget we have invited Martin Woods to train with us. So have Ipswich, so maybe on Monday we will know which way that has gone.

I'm not convinced by this one either, but it was probably a similar sort of reaction when we were linked with Jon Stead - let's trust the managers judgement.

I was just about to write the same thing. Jon Steads signing got a similar reaction.

I think we need a strong front man, I think SOD will play 4-3-3 and i can't see Davies fitting in as he neither holds the ball up well enough or can run in from the flanks, Baldock i really want to keep, Taylor not sure about yet, we need a strong leader in the middle of the line, Harewood mm maybe

I think we need a strong front man, I think SOD will play 4-3-3 and i can't see Davies fitting in as he neither holds the ball up well enough or can run in from the flanks, Baldock i really want to keep, Taylor not sure about yet, we need a strong leader in the middle of the line, Harewood mm maybe

Agree with that and struggling to think of a better, realistic, target than Harewood.... Other than bringing Dele back.

Harewood will have a bigger wage and I think Taylor is upto the big man job.

So is Baldock and JET.

If Harewood is signed either Baldock or Davies needs to be sold

Baldock and Davies will be very good in L1 but as SOD said, Baldock especially will need some protection from a big lad.

If City do want Harewood then they'd probably want to get rid of Taylor. Not sure what would happen with JET either, whether City would give up on him (wages) or what.

Partnership will be baldock and Davies. All talk of another forward is agent talk. We don't need a 'big man' up front as they way we will play I.e. along the floor, will mean we will not need a target man. Baldock and Davies will be used to their strengths in playing on the shoulder of the last defender and on to through balls.

Why everyone thinks we have a need for a big man up front is beyond me. There will be no more hoof ball from us.

Partnership will be baldock and Davies. All talk of another forward is agent talk. We don't need a 'big man' up front as they way we will play I.e. along the floor, will mean we will not need a target man. Baldock and Davies will be used to their strengths in playing on the shoulder of the last defender and on to through balls.

Why everyone thinks we have a need for a big man up front is beyond me. There will be no more hoof ball from us.

Because SOD said towards the end of the season that Baldock and Davies couldn't play together. He said Baldock needs a big guy alongside him. I agree that hopefully there won't be too much hoofball from us, but just because you have a big striker doesn't mean you have to hoof it!! Not saying that i am overly keen on Harewood but his game his more about power than being overly good in the air. He would just occupy the centre backs to allow Baldock the time and space i would imagine if he did come in.

Because SOD said towards the end of the season that Baldock and Davies couldn't play together. He said Baldock needs a big guy alongside him. I agree that hopefully there won't be too much hoofball from us, but just because you have a big striker doesn't mean you have to hoof it!! Not saying that i am overly keen on Harewood but his game his more about power than being overly good in the air. He would just occupy the centre backs to allow Baldock the time and space i would imagine if he did come in.

exactly, good post

Archived