IGNORED

Marlon Harewood

citylad05

if (and this is a big if) we are looking for a striker on a free, I'd move for Bradly Wright-Phillips, he is a proven goalscorer at this level

Would be good on a 1 year deal. Or have a clause in which if we got promoted he would get released!

which must mean its nearly time for the "Lita to return" thread

I actually heard that he is resigning but laughed it off!

I trust SODs judgement on this one. A bit of experience won't hurt, big old unit upfront for a season who is capable of holding up the ball for the likes of Baldock, Anderson etc to thrive upon or simply an effective plan B sub when we're chasing a game.

Could be a decent signing at this level.

Like I say though, only for a season. On a small wage that fits our structure.

I, like everyone else am enjoying the youthfulness of our signings so far. But sometimes a little bit of experience is vital, especially if we have a bit of a rocky patch. All about balance.

Admittedly I'd prefer someone else over Harewood, but like I also said, I trust what SOD wants.

Sorry to say, I hope and pray there is absolutely no truth whatsoever in this story, but we are BCFC and this would be a normal BCFC signing an injury prone has been or never was, along the lines Hugh Mcilmoyle, Steve Rambo Johnson, Ian Baird, Lee Trundle and many other strikers that have ended up in AG's graveyard of strikers.

With the euphoria of recent signings this IMO would definately be a step backward into the bad old days.

I trust SODs judgement on this one. A bit of experience won't hurt, big old unit upfront for a season who is capable of holding up the ball for the likes of Baldock, Anderson etc to thrive upon or simply an effective plan B sub when we're chasing a game.

This

I agree and whether people like it or not next season won't be all pretty flowing football. We will need to mix it at times so someone like Harewood would be useful. At times we lacked a physical presence all over the field last year. I'm hoping Fielding and Flint will do that at the back. Harewood or someone similar will be needed up top at times. It's also why Marv will probably get more game time than many expect. Hopefully with a core of battlers those with a bit more flair will shine.

I agree and whether people like it or not next season won't be all pretty flowing football. We will need to mix it at times so someone like Harewood would be useful. At times we lacked a physical presence all over the field last year. I'm hoping Fielding and Flint will do that at the back. Harewood or someone similar will be needed up top at times. It's also why Marv will probably get more game time than many expect. Hopefully with a core of battlers those with a bit more flair will shine.

True but we have Taylor and Davies (if he stays) as a presence up top so we don't need to be signing an over the hill striker who imo won't bring anything to the team he would be no more than a bench warmer for the most part and I'm sure we can sign someone a little bit better than Harewood.

I do trust SOD & Burt's judgement, but I'd hope this isn't true, mainly as I'd prefer we kept and worked with the personnel we have.

If we need a non-goalscoring 'lump-up-front' why not use Taylor? He's younger, I imagine cheaper, and would imagine is pretty keen to prove himself.

Baldock, Taylor, Davies and the pair of Burns and Adja as back up doesn't look too bad for League One, even if we lost one of Baldock and Davies might not need immediate replacement.

It's one area that, unless we lost a couple of players, I think we can claim competence.

True but we have Taylor and Davies (if he stays) as a presence up top so we don't need to be signing an over the hill striker who imo won't bring anything to the team he would be no more than a bench warmer for the most part and I'm sure we can sign someone a little bit better than Harewood.

You've kind of agreed with me. I quite like Taylor but we did lack a physical presence most of last season....... Taylor was injured for a huge chunk of last season. Maybe we can't rely on just one player of that type? How often did Baldock look in need of support? We are a third tier club and aren't going to sign world beaters. Harewood offers tons of experience and that in turn might help Taylor.

Not sure Davies is the same type of physical presence.

Goal ever 3.5 games, could be a foil for a goal scoring striker. The bloke is pretty powerful and altough old, not reall slow. Better scoring record than Taylor at a higher level. Might be okay for a season.

You've kind of agreed with me. I quite like Taylor but we did lack a physical presence most of last season....... Taylor was injured for a huge chunk of last season. Maybe we can't rely on just one player of that type? How often did Baldock look in need of support? We are a third tier club and aren't going to sign world beaters. Harewood offers tons of experience and that in turn might help Taylor.

Not sure Davies is the same type of physical presence.

I don't think you can blame the strikers too much for last season it was the midfield not creating enough and not being able to keep hold of the ball and the fact they got over ran so badly most games we sort of that aspect Taylor, Davies and Baldock will be more than ok in L1 with more than enough experince I just think it would be a pointless signing if it's only a short term deal why not see who's about on loan from the prem and championship.

Archived