IGNORED

Players Who Were "good" Before Signing For City

Major Isewater

With Nicky Hunt signing for Stanley i was thinking of players who i looked forward to seeing playing for us only to be disappointed ;

Hunt is the first,100 matches in the prem ,mistakenly thought hé had signed for Leeds and set up some super goals.Dont tell him though

Jamo ,England international ,somehow never felt a good fit.nice haïr though

Woolford ,haïr again,gone tomorrow ,ripped it up for s****horpe nought for us

Trundle ,evidently not his fault but what !!!!

Darren Caskey ,immense footballer,chased him for years,finally got our man when ..hé was too immense to move

Hutchings, lovely braided hair,Did nt like to spoil it by playing football .terrific for Brentford

Go on make my day there must be loads

Going back a few years, Steve Johnson, supposedly the solution to our lack of height up front (we played with two wingers and two strikers, neither of whom could get on the big rides at Alton Towers!)

He was useless, a total donkey

Oh - and Trundle was always a showboating d1ck, so no surprise there that he failed at City, what a rotten signing

With Nicky Hunt signing for Stanley i was thinking of players who i looked forward to seeing playing for us only to be disappointed ;

Hunt is the first,100 matches in the prem ,mistakenly thought hé had signed for Leeds and set up some super goals.Dont tell him though

Jamo ,England international ,somehow never felt a good fit.nice haïr though

Woolford ,haïr again,gone tomorrow ,ripped it up for s****horpe nought for us

Trundle ,evidently not his fault but what !!!!

Darren Caskey ,immense footballer,chased him for years,finally got our man when ..hé was too immense to move

Hutchings, lovely braided hair,Did nt like to spoil it by playing football .terrific for Brentford

Go on make my day there must be loads

Sean Dyche is the stand out one for me. Michael Bridges as well, but his injury problems were a lot to do with it.

Sno was quality aganist us for Ajax, wouldn't say he flopped here but was never as good as he could of been. Being played out of position didn't help!

Phil Jevons was banging the goals in for Yeovil then joined us, hasn't produced the same form since.

And Marcus Stewart! 17 goals in the Championship the season before joining us.

Dont agree with Trundle, he had the potential to be immense for us but Johnson didnt see eye to eye with him. However I think if Johnson allowed Trundle to play the role he wanted he would of been immense for us i.e. Game v Palace.

Can of worms well and truly opened ,bring it on

Opinions ,the name of the game

Baldock? Highly rated by West Ham fans, failed to do it for us so far.

Damion Stewart, QPR player of the season, joined us and well...

Campbell Ryce? Always thought he was brilliant against us, then not great when we had him.

Heffernan? I don't remember too well, but definitely much better for Notts County than what he was for us.

Have to agree with someone above regarding Trundle, I'm one of GJ's biggest fans but they clearly did not get on, and he was clearly played out of position. He didn't have pace or height, he had to play behind the striker imo, not as the striker. He had amazing creativity and flair, he would have been perfect in the "hole", just behind the striker. Shame, I have no bad feelings towards him though, that Palace goal is still the most crazy moment of my life.

Stern John and Patrick Agyemang come to mind. On loan but poor nontheless

I don't think Agyemang was ever rated - and probably why he's now in L2.

Chris Wood is a player who looked OK but not outstanding for us, but looks great elsewhere. 19 appearances 3 goals for us, then loaned to Millwall, also 19 appearances but 11 goals. Our lack of MF was clearly the culprit.

Archived