IGNORED

Players Who Were "good" Before Signing For City

Major Isewater

Agree. He had arguably a worse defence than Tom Heaton in front of him...

Heaton: Cunningham, Fontaine, Tangs, Maloney

vs.

James: McGivern, Fontaine, Tangs, Wilson/Foster

Half the defence in front of Heaton gave me nightmares.

The whole defence in front of James gave me nightmares.

Player that was supposed to be good that wasn't

TONY FITZPATRICK!

Or am I the only one older than 30 today?

Hi RedOxo.

I think you better check your maths. I'm nearly 45 and I reckon I was 11 when he left City. (Noone under 40 will remember him.) I don't remember much about him but as I recall his moustashe had more international caps at under 23 level than him.

Hi RedOxo.

I think you better check your maths. I'm nearly 45 and I reckon I was 11 when he left City. (Noone under 40 will remember him.) I don't remember much about him but as I recall his moustashe had more international caps at under 23 level than him.

Fitzpatrick was signed because Gow was intending on Leaving, he didn't, and screwed up the managers plans, Fitzpatrick was then shoe horned into a position that he wasn't entirely happy with.

I heard this from a ex city player in a after dinner speech, for the life of me I can't remember who though, I must be going senile.

Player that was supposed to be good that wasn't

TONY FITZPATRICK!

Or am I the only one older than 30 today?

Nobody will beat that!

he made a decent career as Bob Carolgees with spit the dog to be fair!

I always thought Peter Cormack was a bit crap when he arrived in BS3 from the mighty Liverpool. I remember him as a bit of a fairy when it was a man's game.

Turn this thread on it's head. Tom Ritchie was great for City, then we fell from grace. Sunderland snapped him up but after 2 years at most he moved on to Carlisle from whence City signed hin a 2nd time. He came good again as that thread showing City in the Div 4 days proves

Thanks Boys!

Hutchins was a worse player but he was playing ina divvy 3 Side

Flip me gréât call ,oh the hype for this player ,biggest let down since Dolly Parton abandoned her bra !

:clapping:

Hi RedOxo.

Hi Sleepy! The 30 comment was based upon a lot of recent players put forward in the thread...I have five years on you so I may remember slightly more...I can remember the Scots complaining on the radio all there best talent was going south and mentioning this bloke as an example! We should have just given St Mirren 250k (1978 whats that in current value) and told em to keep him!

Nobody will beat that!

he made a decent career as Bob Carolgees with spit the dog to be fair!

I always thought Peter Cormack was a bit crap when he arrived in BS3 from the mighty Liverpool. I remember him as a bit of a fairy when it was a man's game.

Bob Carolgees :clap: That was him! Cormack was a bit soft but we had Gerry to protect him!!

I can't remember a Steve Johnson??!

I seem to remember Soren Anderson arriving with a reputation and price tag to match and never did a lot??!

He may not have done a lot but that 90th minute equaliser against Sunderland was worth his transfer fee alone (might be a slight exaggeration, but it was a bloody good goal!)

He may not have done a lot but that 90th minute equaliser against Sunderland was worth his transfer fee alone (might be a slight exaggeration, but it was a bloody good goal!)

Watched that in the pub with a couple of Makems who were (justly) taking the p1ss all game. They were very quiet after.

I got a free pint from the barmaid for taking my shirt off and running round the pub - she said she'd buy me a pint if I promised to never do it again ;)

He was. He is the worst first choice keeper I have seen down here.

The basics he just got so wrong. the worst being don't push a shot back into your own box but out wide or out for a corner.

I can forgive the odd lapse of concentration or complete misjudgement. But the basics on a regular basis. I just don't understand how he ever got 50 plus caps after watching him. Surely you don't lose the basics at 40, just the agility!

Ridiculous comment.

How do I justify this.....Steve Phillips.

To think he kept Boaz Myhill and Ben Foster out the team during their spells with City.

Utterly dreadful keeper.

Ridiculous comment.

To think he kept Boaz Myhill and Ben Foster out the team during their spells with City.

Utterly dreadful keeper.

Ridiculous comment yourself mate. Steve Philips was a fine 3rd tier goal keeper for us for many years.

Obviously soured opinion of himself by joining that bunch of inbred northern scum, but he was a very decent keeper for a long time for us.

Ridiculous comment.

Utterly dreadful keeper.

Wasn't he goalkeeper of the year in our division in 2004. No bad for a keeper that was utterly dreadful for us!

Archived