IGNORED

Derrick Williams

Rocky

Williams, an Irish under-21 international, turned down a new contract at Villa Park. He is a left-footed centre-back & can play left back.

Williams made his Premier Lge debut last December as a sub vs QPR. He's also been a regular for the title-winning second string & youth side

From Ali Durden

Lets hope it happens.

Moloney Flint Williams Cunningham

Looks alright to I

Almost a future Republic Of Ireland back line. I like the look of it too. Villa have a decent reputation for developing and bringing through youth so for his guy to decide to seek first team football elsewhere (if tweet is correct) speaks volumes about his ambition to me. Looks like our new management team's W Midlands connections could be bearing fruit.

You mean Coppell (knob), Millen and McAnus....They didn't know what they were doing!

Let's not turn this isn't another manager bashing and keep it about Derrick Williams.

Does anyone know if he's expected to be a first teamer or a 3rd choice?

He was on the fringes of the Villa team so hopefully first choice. I guess it'll be up for grabs in pre-season. Surely we are not keeping Nyatanga and Fontaine. Nyatanga hasn't taken up our contract offer yet and I don't think he will.

Fonts!!!

He hasn't played for us for years has he? :P

How could I forget him! Still a very good back up.

Just a RB needed then

Maloney / Foster ?? (Unless he moves)

Flint/Carey (If he signs)/J.Wilson

Williams/Tangs (If he signs)/Fontaine

Cunningham/Bryan

Just great that we are getting these signings done early - SOD and his staff are to be congratulated for not fobbing us off until the pre- season or even season gets under way and then making last minute panic signings . I'm sure we are going to lose a few -albert -fonts or more likely tangs, maybe even one of Baldock or Davies, but to be honest the change in personnel cannot be a bad thing after last season. Young hungry players rated by their previous clubs coming in. Come on Fielding just sign -starting to look a good squad for next season!

You mean Coppell (knob), Millen and McAnus....They didn't know what they were doing!

While I am delighted that we are getting our business done early, and young hungry lads to boot, I would point out these are not the sort of signings any of those managers could get away with at Championship level.

Oh and McAnus, really?

While I am delighted that we are getting our business done early, and young hungry lads to boot, I would point out these are not the sort of signings any of those managers could get away with at Championship level.

Its horses for courses mate. The fact is that O'Driscoll seems to be signing the right sort of players for the job we've got to do.

He may come in as back-up to Fontaine or both rotated in that position.

Flint likes to play alongside an experienced centre back and he has played less than 100 professional league games, Cunnignham and Maloney have also not yet made 100 league appearances so SOD may well opt for a bit of experience in the backline.

3 signings before the players report for pre season...what were the managers prior to SoD doing!?!

Or the Director of Football role is helping. The two inexperienced managers needed someone in that role. The experienced one asked for but didn't get (Coppell/Hammond).

Something has changed SOD and Burt seem to have targeted realistic signings, that's not always been the case but can you really blame a manager for aiming high?

Or the Director of Football role is helping. The two inexperienced managers needed someone in that role. The experienced one asked for but didn't get (Coppell/Hammond).

Something has changed SOD and Burt seem to have targeted realistic signings, that's not always been the case but can you really blame a manager for aiming high?

I think you have to thank Burt for that. He done well at Forest getting in new players and looks like he is doing well here too!

Its horses for courses mate. The fact is that O'Driscoll seems to be signing the right sort of players for the job we've got to do.

You're right of course, I'm just saying it's easier to attract 19 & 20 year olds with the promise of first team football. Had our previous managers done that, they would have been bashed for not signing players with enough experience etc.

The club is changing the way it does things and I think we're all glad of that, but we can't lose sight of the fact that we are now shopping in a very different market.

Actually, the one thing McInnes did well was the players he signed. Fair enough, Foster was shite, but he was signed in January when our right back options were Carey or Hunt and at least he puts a shift in. He then went and signed Heaton, Cunningham, Anderson, Baldock & Davies. His problem was that he then didn't play them or played them out of position

Anyway, fingers crossed he signs; sounds like a real prospect. I'm sure that he and Wynter will be arriving as 1st team starters; from reports I imagine either could have gone and been back up elsewhere or gone out on loan to build their reputations

Archived