IGNORED

Derrick Williams

Rocky

He may come in as back-up to Fontaine or both rotated in that position.

Flint likes to play alongside an experienced centre back and he has played less than 100 professional league games, Cunnignham and Maloney have also not yet made 100 league appearances so SOD may well opt for a bit of experience in the backline.

Back up to Fontaine ? Is this a joke.How does a player who so comprehensively let the team down game after game after game be considered to be in the first team.These signings are to inject a freshness and desire in the team not just go through the motions , take their money and give nothing back like Fontaine.Out with old and in with the new.

I'm excited by this signing as it shows city actually sticking to the youngsters statement with our signings so far.

But lets not forget except for Flint , the signings so farhave no experience in any league let alone league one .

So it will take them time for them to bed in . Also not to put pressure on them as their first season could just end up turning out to be a huge learning curve. Then the season after could be when they start to shine. Then again could get lucky and they hit the ground running!

But the main thing is that we are now buying younger players who at worst we let go on cheap wages but at best help us climb the league and if we don't go straight up get a decent profit from(shocking as that sounds).

Hence Sod mentioning the patience being important. Hopefully now other decent youngsters will actually believe city when they say they will actually get a chance here rather then be stuck in reserves at high placed clubs. But this will also take time.

Hello guys, AVFC Fan here,

Spoke to a Bristol City Fan named Dan a few years ago on holiday and always kinda looked out for them since. Noticed you were going downhill at the same time we were aswell unfortunately. But now all looks well with both sides looking very promosing with some nice new signings :D

But mainly came on to discuss Derrick, He's played with my brother for years at under age level despite being a little older. A class signing for you guys. I have been rambling on about how we should have kept him and promised him a few more games over on our forum Villatalk. He's fairly quick for a defender and decent in the air, always shone in the reserves and u19s etc. But for a defender he's actually pretty good on the ball aswell.

I think that might be villa drilling it into the youngsters because he played alongside Janoi Donacien who is another class CB we have who is a year younger than Williams. And Donacien is another one who is good on the ball. They were a class pairing together and i have no doubts that derrick will make the step up as he has had international youth experience aswell.

Bit of an early stage but i'd say he could go onto be better than a league one defender aswell. You really have got a bargain on this one.

• Admin

Spoke to a Bristol City Fan named Dan a few years ago on holiday and always kinda looked out for them since. Noticed you were going downhill at the same time we were aswell unfortunately. But now all looks well with both sides looking very promosing with some nice new signings :D

But mainly came on to discuss Derrick, He's played with my brother for years at under age level despite being a little older. A class signing for you guys. I have been rambling on about how we should have kept him and promised him a few more games over on our forum Villatalk. He's fairly quick for a defender and decent in the air, always shone in the reserves and u19s etc. But for a defender he's actually pretty good on the ball aswell.

I think that might be villa drilling it into the youngsters because he played alongside Janoi Donacien who is another class CB we have who is a year younger than Williams. And Donacien is another one who is good on the ball. They were a class pairing together and i have no doubts that derrick will make the step up as he has had international youth experience aswell.

Bit of an early stage but i'd say he could go onto be better than a league one defender aswell. You really have got a bargain on this one.

Great to hear, thanks for contributing and I hope you are correct :)

Thanks for posting mate.

Is he best at centre half then? What's his main attribute?

I like the sound of what you have said and look forward to seeing him.

Good luck for the season

Cheers fella, welcome to the forum!

Thanks for that Pal! Encouraging words, I just hope he does really well for us. He certainly sounds like the ideal player to play alongside our new signing; a giant right-sided centre half. Welcome to the forum and best of luck for next season :)

Nice post mate, welcome to OTIB, if you fancy starting a thread at any point then as long as it's of good quality and your not being a dick in what you say, be our guest. Just dont go the way of Barnsley Tyke

Nice post mate, welcome to OTIB, if you fancy starting a thread at any point then as long as it's of good quality and your not being a dick in what you say, be our guest. Just dont go the way of Barnsley Tyke

What happened to Barnsley Tyke? Don't tell me he now sees us as the smaller club because we've been relegated and they have all of a sudden become the leaders of the pack, and wont even waste his time coming onto such minnows forum?

What happened to Barnsley Tyke? Don't tell me he now sees us as the smaller club because we've been relegated and they have all of a sudden become the leaders of the pack, and wont even waste his time coming onto such minnows forum?

Was always a nice guy, just had 1 thread that was a bit sour towards BCFC and wound alot of fans up.

I hope Barnsley have a rubbish season simply due to Flitcroft. I think they may upset the apple cart however as he seems to be able to get the best out of players which is a great trait to have as a manager.

Was always a nice guy, just had 1 thread that was a bit sour towards BCFC and wound alot of fans up.

I hope Barnsley have a rubbish season simply due to Flitcroft. I think they may upset the apple cart however as he seems to be able to get the best out of players which is a great trait to have as a manager.

Why Jordan? You were full of praise for him last season!?

Have I convinced you that the stupid body warmer he wears is not acceptable under any circumstances!!?

I rate him as a manager pal, don't like his character though.

Fair enough mate.

Other way round for me though. He seems a nice bloke but not sure of his managerial abilities. I think this season is a huge test for him.

Hopefully he ditched the body warmer!! :)

Thanks for posting mate.

Is he best at centre half then? What's his main attribute?

I like the sound of what you have said and look forward to seeing him.

Good luck for the season

Cheers Lads, and don't worry, we had some sour Norwich fan that came onto our forum giving it when we had just taken Lambert and was linked with Holt (Thank god we never signed him ), So i wont be like this barnsley fan you're on about because I know how frustrating it is...

Anyway yeah I think he is best at Centre Back but in saying that, I think he is nearly and i mean nearly as good at left back. Not sure he'd be a good CM but maybe a CDM if you was struggling for places due to injuries etc. So he's quite versatile.

And its difficult to say what his best attribute is because he's very balanced, also against the lads who he was playing against at reserve/u21/u19 level are not as physical as players in League One. So for example I would say he was class in the air against the youth teams, but I think that it maybe a bit of a step up against forwards in League One physicality-wise. Derrick has some good speed,which I think will help massively because League One defenders are usually a little more physical.

I'd say overall it will take him a while to settle in, as with a lot of youth players, but I have no doubt that when he does start playing for you guys you'll be asking for more of our 'best in europe' youth talent... < that's not exaggerated, see the next gen competition haha :P

Cheers Lads, and don't worry, we had some sour Norwich fan that came onto our forum giving it when we had just taken Lambert and was linked with Holt (Thank god we never signed him ), So i wont be like this barnsley fan you're on about because I know how frustrating it is...

Anyway yeah I think he is best at Centre Back but in saying that, I think he is nearly and i mean nearly as good at left back. Not sure he'd be a good CM but maybe a CDM if you was struggling for places due to injuries etc. So he's quite versatile.

And its difficult to say what his best attribute is because he's very balanced, also against the lads who he was playing against at reserve/u21/u19 level are not as physical as players in League One. So for example I would say he was class in the air against the youth teams, but I think that it maybe a bit of a step up against forwards in League One physicality-wise. Derrick has some good speed,which I think will help massively because League One defenders are usually a little more physical.

I'd say overall it will take him a while to settle in, as with a lot of youth players, but I have no doubt that when he does start playing for you guys you'll be asking for more of our 'best in europe' youth talent... < that's not exaggerated, see the next gen competition haha :P

Cheers mate.

Very encouraged by what I have heard about Derrick and what you have said. He sounds like the perfect player to compliment our other new CB.

It's good we are signing young and hungry players and he's certainly come from a good club. I like what Villa are doing and hope you have a good season! Feel free to send more talented youth our way!!

Hope you don't sign that clown Grant Holt either :)

Archived