IGNORED

Derrick Williams

Rocky

Having spoken to colleagues I can confirm we do have hot chocolate, I repeat, we do have hot chocolate.

No views offered on Williams as they didn't know who he was.

Controversial. Are you saying your colleagues are a better source than Betelgeuse's?

Having spoken to colleagues (actually I've made them up for the purposes of this thread), they say Williams is a bit camp.

Controversial. Are you saying your colleagues are a better source than Betelgeuse's?

Having spoken to colleagues (actually I've made them up for the purposes of this thread), they say Williams is a bit camp.

I think that should be Walliams!

While I am delighted that we are getting our business done early, and young hungry lads to boot, I would point out these are not the sort of signings any of those managers could get away with at Championship level.

Oh and McAnus, really?

Yes McAnus. I am still angry that this guy did so much damage with so much support from here even when it was obvious he was clueless.

Thankfully much has been dismantled and continues to be thrown away. We really dont know how good some of these young signings are so its a bit of a stretch to say they are not the sought any of them could get away with in the Championship. How old was Cunningham when he signed? (Ironically a McAnus signing). The fact is they signed between them Stewart, Hunt, Woolford, Foster and various other crap full backs and centre backs...all of whom were signings that we couldn't get away with at Championship level....Perhaps a lot of the reason we were relegated. Just a thought.

Actually, the one thing McInnes did well was the players he signed. Fair enough, Foster was shite, but he was signed in January when our right back options were Carey or Hunt and at least he puts a shift in. He then went and signed Heaton, Cunningham, Anderson, Baldock & Davies. His problem was that he then didn't play them or played them out of position

Anyway, fingers crossed he signs; sounds like a real prospect. I'm sure that he and Wynter will be arriving as 1st team starters; from reports I imagine either could have gone and been back up elsewhere or gone out on loan to build their reputations

Hi Chip.

Exactly. He didn't play players he signed regularly except for the crap Foster, Heaton who is not that good no matter what some say and the obviously good Cunningham...He really had no clue and consequently we were relegated leaving us with all those backroom staff that replaced the staff that had not seen us relegated for 14 years..

...we were relegated leaving us with all those backroom staff that replaced the staff that had not seen us relegated for 14 years..

I don't disagree with everything you say, by any means, but with respect this particular remark is really making a pretty cheap point, bearing in mind that the majority of those 14 years were spent in L2. Not being able to keep us in a very tough Championship is one thing; not being able to keep us out of L2 would have been quite another.

I don't disagree with everything you say, by any means, but with respect this particular remark is really making a pretty cheap point, bearing in mind that the majority of those 14 years were spent in L2. Not being able to keep us in a very tough Championship is one thing; not being able to keep us out of L2 would have been quite another.

That same backroom staff got us promoted to the championship, to the Play Off final and kept us in the Championship for 5 years untill McInness fired them...I'm not sure there are cheap points just facts...McInness replaced the backroom we were relegated...What else is there to say?

That same backroom staff got us promoted to the championship, to the Play Off final and kept us in the Championship for 5 years untill McInness fired them...I'm not sure there are cheap points just facts...McInness replaced the backroom we were relegated...What else is there to say?

We were near relegation when McInnes came in, that's why he came in!!!

We were near relegation when McInnes came in, that's why he came in!!!

Exactly. And he assured it by signing and playing players that were no good, not playing the ones that could play and firing the staff that were on hand to be replaced by failure...Thats why we were relegated!!!!!

Exactly. And he assured it by signing and playing players that were no good, not playing the ones that could play and firing the staff that were on hand to be replaced by failure...Thats why we were relegated!!!!!

I wasn't McInnes' biggest fan, but to be fair, he signed some decent players who should have performed better. Heaton, Davies & Baldock were all McInnes signings and we were very happy with all of them at the time the deals were done.

I wasn't McInnes' biggest fan, but to be fair, he signed some decent players who should have performed better. Heaton, Davies & Baldock were all McInnes signings and we were very happy with all of them at the time the deals were done.

Exactly! Baldock and Davies were often not played and more often not started. Niether of them knew if they were coming or going and eventually both failed to supply enough goals in a poor team where the confidence had been damaged...More of a problem with Baldock perhaps

Heaton Some say he's very good goalkeeper. I never put him above adequate. However I will grant you I was happy when he/they signed as with Anderson...Just disillusioned with how and when they were played!

Well, quite a bit more could be said, possibly.

I'm not looking for a dispute just for the sake of it, but it could be argued (indeed, generally has been argued) that the decline that eventually led to relegation started well before McInnes dispensed with the old guard. There was no shortage of strong criticism of those backroom staff on Otib during Millen's reign, for example: practically every day you could read posts querying the capabilities of the coaches then in post.

You obviously haven't got much time for McInnes, which is fair enough. I'm not trying to defend him at all. But it seems almost perverse to seek to make the case against him by trying now to portray the staff who were here when he arrived as the injured parties. If they'd been doing that good a job, there'd have been no need for McInnes (or any other new manager) to be appointed in the first place.

I'm just trying to put the point into some perspective and context, is all. The inquest on here that followed relegation contained many shades of opinion, but one theme seemed fairly consistent, and that was a consensus that it had been coming a long time and that there had been failings at all levels within the club - players, coaches, managers, board.

Taken to its logical extreme, your argument would seem to imply that if (a) McInnes hadn't been appointed and (b) all the old coaching staff had been retained, then we'd still be in the Championship. That would take a bit of swallowing and I'm not sure you'd find many here who would go down that road with you.

Archived