IGNORED

Marlon Pack

forbespm

While the chances of us signing messi are slim we have to be realistic about the quality of player we are able to sign so in that context whose to say he wont be our messi or scholes?

oh there is nothing stopping them being extremely good, maybe I'm being cynical but they way we over hype players is stupid I remember us doing it with dinning and darran dunning both turned out to be less then good,

fingers crossed eh?

From SkySports

We're hearing reports that Bristol City are lining up a move for Cheltenham Town midfielder Marlon Pack after Liam Kelly suffered a serious injury.

Sky sports are picking that up from the Bristol Evening Post they aren't very good on their lower league coverage, BBC is a btter source....welll Ali durdin is,

Player of the year 2 season in a row in L2 last two seasons, only 100,000 fee we'd have to pay, is already South West, on initial views there is nothing wrong with this move, obviously we will see on the pitch, but if SOD thinks he can fit this player in his ethos don't see how people can be criticising this move already!

Both are injured and Pearson's sounds long term. As for Marv we've not seen anything of him since he got back from international duty so doesn't seem like he's ready to feature any time soon either which leaves us with Wynter, Kilkenny and Reid. I definitely think we will see someone coming in whether that's Pack or not.

Ali Durden is the south west transfer messiah. I await 'the tweet'

He's been spot on this summer so far, then we can have some credibility. The post have to regain that credibility. What is this 'trusted source' sticker about?

It just means the BP trust the source to feed them any old bullcrap

I think there's nothing in this personally. Just speculation from the EP who got the info from this forum! Also after listening to SOD's interview, I didn't get the feeling he wants to replace Kelly.

He's been training with us and is playing against Bournemouth tomorrow according to Ali Durden. He's been spot on all summer.

Watched him play for Cheltenham at Wimbledon last year. He scored and played well, good passing and composure on the ball. My Chelt supporting mate rates him highly and thinks he could play in the Championship, so I'm feeling pretty positive about this. Fingers crossed it all goes through.

Why have him training with us before him signing... Don't get this gives other clubs a chance to get to him.

I expect he is "on trial" so can train and play for us, while the two clubs sort the admin side of things out

A deal has been in place for two weeks but we needed to move someone off of the wage bill for it to go through.

For some time it looked like Albert would be on his way (he still may be) but now Davies has gone I expect him signed very soon.

Have seen him play many times, go to Cheltenham a few games a season when city are away, of course, and he is always composed on the ball and seems to have time and with the movement in preseason, that seems to be getting better and better, he could be a very good signing, like I have said before though I feel sorry for bobby reid

According to Wiki... style of play... 'is known for his high technical ability, often pulling the strings from a deep lying central position'

Never seen the lad play tbh, but have never heard anything negative about him.

Hopefully he'll shine and be a good squad player. We look to be creating some nice midfield options.

Have seen him play many times, go to Cheltenham a few games a season when city are away, of course, and he is always composed on the ball and seems to have time and with the movement in preseason, that seems to be getting better and better, he could be a very good signing, like I have said before though I feel sorry for bobby reid

I don't, he needs to be showing more in training clearly for SOD to see him as a important player this year.

• Admin

According to Wiki... style of play... 'is known for his high technical ability, often pulling the strings from a deep lying central position'

Never seen the lad play tbh, but have never heard anything negative about him.

Hopefully he'll shine and be a good squad player. We look to be creating some nice midfield options.

Sounds like a taller version of Kilkenny. I wonder if he tackles?

Archived