IGNORED

Celtic Fans...

Cider army1981

I have to say, there is no place in football for this sort of thing - having spent a few hours in the company of some Gers fans last week i know which side of the street id rather walk - vile b-------s - " as one of the guys said last week f--k off back to their bogs !!!

Also invaded the pitch, ruining the efforts of their groundsmen throughout the summer, who were aiming to get the pitch as perfect as possible in order to suit their passing style.

I hope their groundsman doesn't get fired for this comment (which has now been removed), because he's spot on.

@ScottHumphries1: Celtic fans are complete and utter *****s.#pitch****ed#brentfordfc

Absolutely vile set of fans. Brentford fans had to fork out £25 also, although I note many on their forum didn't bother turning up.

Compare the behaviour of Rangers fans last week here in Bristol to their's today.

Unfortunately every club got fans like that.i have been in the dolman when city fans back in the 80s have sung aberfan at any welsh club we have played.i work with a cardiff fan who is devastated john hartson survived cancer.a mug in front of me at the rangers game kept telling his mate he hated Catholics.i eventually I tapped him on the shoulder and told him I was a Catholic and what does he not like about me, even though he does not know me.he said he could not give a reason and sat and watched the rest of the game in silent like a good little boy.

The usual approach on here as in much of life (unfortunately): if you share my prejudices you're rational/likeable, if your prejudices are different to my prejudices, you're irrational scum. No idea if nasty things were sung by Celtic fans today, but I remember "Barrett is dead" against the Gas, "who's that lying on the runway, who's that dying in the snow" has been used against Man U for years. It's not pleasant, but it's hardly life threatening; fans will always try and wind up other fans; que sera, sera.

Knew this would be posted on here sooner or later.

Was interesting following this 'story' on twitter as it happened. There was one tweet afaik, without any proof, and a thousand others from people spreading the news as if they were there. Shows the incredible way in which social media affects the spread of gossip and news.

Obviously if anyone did say anything derogatory they deserve to be derided, but it seems some will already be passing on the news as if all 8-thousand Celtic fans that were at Brentford today joined Neil Lennon in a chorus of abuse.

You will always get idiots in every fan base, sadly. It's just as sad that some will stir up this gossip as a petty chance to point score even further.

It's interesting how angry you seem to be, Jordan, and I also noticed your tweet earlier labelling all Celtic fans scum. I remember when I was your age, still basically a child, and how every rumoured indiscretion by a rival was an excuse to continue this hatred and point scoring. You, and people following that example, are part of the problem as much as those who sing things they shouldn't and hurl abuse during games.

As someone who worked in the centre during the night of Rangers' visit, rest assured I saw both the highs and lows of their support. From brilliant, friendly, welcoming displays of passion to abusive, sectarian, joy in singing songs about people deceased that happened to be catholic. Yet I can disregard that as a few idiots, and, luckily for me I feel, gone are the days where I would label an entire support scum because of a few, even if they are fans of a rival.

By all means chastise those who commit indiscretions, but some of the childless and needless abuse that gets dished out by those sat on pedestals (be it about Celtic fans, or Rovers fans etc) is incredible and juvenile.

This is massively tl:dr, but basically 'let he without sin cast the first stone', lets all grow up a bit etc etc.

Was interesting following this 'story' on twitter as it happened. There was one tweet afaik, without any proof, and a thousand others from people spreading the news as if they were there. Shows the incredible way in which social media affects the spread of gossip and news.

Obviously if anyone did say anything derogatory they deserve to be derided, but it seems some will already be passing on the news as if all 8-thousand Celtic fans that were at Brentford today joined Neil Lennon in a chorus of abuse.

You will always get idiots in every fan base, sadly. It's just as sad that some will stir up this gossip as a petty chance to point score even further.

It's interesting how angry you seem to be, Jordan, and I also noticed your tweet earlier labelling all Celtic fans scum. I remember when I was your age, still basically a child, and how every rumoured indiscretion by a rival was an excuse to continue this hatred and point scoring. You, and people following that example, are part of the problem as much as those who sing things they shouldn't and hurl abuse during games.

As someone who worked in the centre during the night of Rangers' visit, rest assured I saw both the highs and lows of their support. From brilliant, friendly, welcoming displays of passion to abusive, sectarian, joy in singing songs about people deceased that happened to be catholic. Yet I can disregard that as a few idiots, and, luckily for me I feel, gone are the days where I would label an entire support scum because of a few, even if they are fans of a rival.

By all means chastise those who commit indiscretions, but some of the childless and needless abuse that gets dished out by those sat on pedestals (be it about Celtic fans, or Rovers fans etc) is incredible and juvenile.

This is massively tl:dr, but basically 'let he without sin cast the first stone', lets all grow up a bit etc etc.

Spot on, well said.

Amen to that

https://twitter.com/Kajsa_Soderlund/status/358687975086899200/photo/1

Seems it did happen and this guy is at least ashamed...

Was Cpl Rigby a Brentford fan??

He was a notherner wasn't he? Not saying he wasn't a Brentford fan, but I would have thought the chances were small

I seem to remember reports saying he was a Manchester United fan

Archived