IGNORED

Celtic Fans...

Cider army1981

PATHETIC post this is 2013 it shouldnt happen at any football match we all know what was sung by city fans and cardiff fans singing about the axbridge air crash but we are at war with the people these sewr rats are celebrating for murdering one of are armed forces im a footbal fan the celtic shirt is a football shirt its just a shame some of the scumbags who ware it offend me and my country

PC World down by AG have new keyboards for sale: it seems like the "." is broken on yours.

I've witnessed City supporters sing songs about Mickey Barrett, Aberfan, Ian Holloway and his kids, so people in glass houses and all that.

I hate the IRA songs and hate that people are talking about that rather than the fantastic support at Brentford (I was there with around 15 other City/Celtic fans).

Do the people on here condemning SOME Celtic fans, also condemn some Rangers supporters singing the Sash or about being up to their knees in ......blood? Or do they choose to ignore that because they happen to be on that side of the fence?

For the record, I disagree with any of the political/sectarian chants - it should have no places in football, but historically it does and has done for decades, on both sides.

I have to take issue with one part of your comment, when Mickey Barrett died there was a minutes silence at the Gate that was impeccably observed. When Des Williams died some Sags tried to ruin the minutes silence at the derby match.

I have to take issue with one part of your comment, when Mickey Barrett died there was a minutes silence at the Gate that was impeccably observed. When Des Williams died some Sags tried to ruin the minutes silence at the derby match.

I think SBCB was not specifically referring to the minutes silence for Mickey Barrett, but songs sung at a later date.

I was stood in the away end during the minutes silence for Des Williams, and was so ashamed, and then angry at those idiots among us. They were scum - I have no issue in admitting that. Unfortunately almost every club has them, and they rear their ugly heads at the most inappropriate moments.

Just worked out who's got a clue and who's completely thick as shit ,to the people who know the score I think we're dealing with a load of divvy shit in there eyes arse lickers who don't give two ***** for there country and armed forces,the ones that know the score ARE CLEARLY THE PEOPLE who relies what them dirty murdering terrorist are all about they truly are scummy sewer rats who are no better than the Taliban ,them ***** guided the German bombers into Belfast after they filled there u boats with diesel take a trip to one of there games and here the vile shite that spews from there dirty rebel mouths

WATP

PC World down by AG have new keyboards for sale: it seems like the "." is broken on yours.

dont bother with all that shite you must be a sorry sad and lonely person to post shite like that try Samaritans or desperate and separates you'll find yer self a life

Defies belief how juvenile some people can be, on this forum, when they think every Celtic fan is 'vile' based on a social network comment.

Unbelievable.

True but there's a lot of sheep thesedays who just follow everyone else and can't form their own opinion.

Just worked out who's got a clue and who's completely thick as shit ,to the people who know the score I think we're dealing with a load of divvy shit in there eyes arse lickers who don't give two ***** for there country and armed forces,the ones that know the score ARE CLEARLY THE PEOPLE who relies what them dirty murdering terrorist are all about they truly are scummy sewer rats who are no better than the Taliban ,them ***** guided the German bombers into Belfast after they filled there u boats with diesel take a trip to one of there games and here the vile shite that spews from there dirty rebel mouths

WATP

Do you mind if I put this rant in my dissertation on anti-Irish racism in Britain?

why you getting mad a Protestant minister is not a vicar or full time preacher your a very ignorant person and bollox to you

Which denomination do you claim to represent?

And by the way, a vicar is a protestant minister; vicar is a name given to an ordained minister in many churches, including the Church of England.

get yer head out of that dark crevis it happened have a little look at the brentford forum

I do not think that anyone would accept a post on a forum as evidence.

For example, I could start a thread on here saying that I'd just taken Alan Curbishley house hunting in Portishead and then dropped him off at the Avon Gorge to go drinking. It doesn't mean it's true.

I do not think that anyone would accept a post on a forum as evidence.

For example, I could start a thread on here saying that I'd just taken Alan Curbishley house hunting in Portishead and then dropped him off at the Avon Gorge to go drinking. It doesn't mean it's true.

Not you as well.....bar steward

WATP

I thought it might be worth balancing this "statement" with some real history.

The Belfast Blitz began on Easter Sunday, 1941. 900 people died, thousands were injured and over 100,000 were left homeless.

Within 2 hours of receiving a request for help, 71 firemen with 13 fire tenders from Dundalk, Drogheda, Dublin, and Dún Laoghaire were on their way to cross the Irish border to assist their Belfast colleagues. In each station volunteers were asked for, as it was beyond their normal duties. In every instance, all volunteered. They remained for three days, until they were sent back by the Northern Ireland government.

Eamon de Valera (the Taioseach) made a formal protest to Berlin and then made a speech including the lines, "In the past, and probably in the present, too, a number of them did not see eye to eye with us politically, but they are our people – we are one and the same people – and their sorrows in the present instance are also our sorrows; and I want to say to them that any help we can give to them in the present time we will give to them whole-heartedly, believing that were the circumstances reversed they would also give us their help whole-heartedly …"

U-boats were not refueled in Ireland. You might like to read this brief article from the Independent.

What is even worse than the actions of Celtic fans is the action of people on this site defending it.It is truly sickening.

I don't think there are many people defending the actions of Celtic fans.

I am saying that there are a load of lies being spread about Celtic fans.

There is evidence that they set off smoke bombs and invaded the pitch. You may wish to condemn that.

There isn't any evidence that they sang songs celebrating the death of Lee Rigby.

What is even worse than the actions of Celtic fans is the action of people on this site defending it.It is truly sickening.

Show me any credible evidence that Celtic fans said anything at all about Lee Rigby and I will condemn it. Once again I say :source: - not Twitter, please.

The Belfast Blitz began on Easter Sunday, 1941. 900 people died, thousands were injured and over 100,000 were left homeless.

Within 2 hours of receiving a request for help, 71 firemen with 13 fire tenders from Dundalk, Drogheda, Dublin, and Dún Laoghaire were on their way to cross the Irish border to assist their Belfast colleagues. In each station volunteers were asked for, as it was beyond their normal duties. In every instance, all volunteered. They remained for three days, until they were sent back by the Northern Ireland government.

Eamon de Valera (the Taioseach) made a formal protest to Berlin and then made a speech including the lines, "In the past, and probably in the present, too, a number of them did not see eye to eye with us politically, but they are our people we are one and the same people and their sorrows in the present instance are also our sorrows; and I want to say to them that any help we can give to them in the present time we will give to them whole-heartedly, believing that were the circumstances reversed they would also give us their help whole-heartedly "

U-boats were not refueled in Ireland. You might like to read this brief article from the Independent.

Nice to see you missed out the part where Ireland sent a letter of condolences to Germany, when hitler died.

Nice to see you missed out the part where Ireland sent a letter of condolences to Germany, when hitler died.

Yes, I did omit to mention that because I was directly refuting some statements made by another poster.

Since you know that de Valera signed the book of condolence at the German embassy in Dublin, you probably also know why.

If you know yer history forgive the pun you would know the Ira helped to guide the bombers fact

Eamon de Valera (the Taioseach) made a formal protest to Berlin and then made a speech including the lines, "In the past, and probably in the present, too, a number of them did not see eye to eye with us politically, but they are our people we are one and the same people and their sorrows in the present instance are also our sorrows; and I want to say to them that any help we can give to them in the present time we will give to them whole-heartedly, believing that were the circumstances reversed they would also give us their help whole-heartedly "

If you know yer history forgive the pun you would know the Ira helped to guide the bombers fact

Yes, I did omit to mention that because I was directly refuting some statements made by another poster.

Since you know that de Valera signed the book of condolence at the German embassy in Dublin, you probably also know why.

probs the same mentality that saw hundreds of irish in the ranks of that little french geezer, or who helped the spanish when they were on the run, this could be a long night....

He also failed to mention how Churchill was happy to sacrifice the north of Ireland back to the Irish in return for the use of the Irish ports but Dev foolishly turned him down

He also failed to mention how Churchill was happy to sacrifice the north of Ireland back to the Irish in return for the use of the Irish ports but Dev foolishly turned him down

Foolishly in your eyes maybe, in my eyes its a good thing he turned down the request.

Then again, everyone has different views, doesn't make them right or wrong.

Do you have any info or web links on this? I haven't heard that story before, and would be very interested to read up about it. I'm very much into ww2 history In Europe, the Far East part of the war doesn't interest me much, but the Europe part does.

probs the same mentality that saw hundreds of irish in the ranks of that little french geezer, or who helped the spanish when they were on the run, this could be a long night....

And over 30% of Wellington's army was Irish, in fact there were more Irish than English soldiers in the British army during the Peninsular Wars. There were about the 70,000 Irish soldiers in British army during WW2, not counting the 50,000 from Northern Ireland or those that were already resident in the UK at the start of the war.

Is your intention to suggest that there are a number of Irish people who harbour a strong anti-English feeling? If so, I think that you are probably correct. There might be some history (Plantation Laws, Cromwell, Potato Famine).

Foolishly in your eyes maybe, in my eyes its a good thing he turned down the request.

Then again, everyone has different views, doesn't make them right or wrong.

Do you have any info or web links on this? I haven't heard that story before, and would be very interested to read up about it. I'm very much into ww2 history In Europe, the Far East part of the war doesn't interest me much, but the Europe part does.

You might like to read de Valera's biography, which revealed the story.

Archived