IGNORED

Celtic Fans...

Cider army1981

8000 people at the match, I am sure 90% of them would have had a recording device of some type in their pocket, so I look forward to seeing the evidence of this Rigby chanting by Celtic fans.....oh thought not.

What about the ira songs? Why is it acceptable for fans to sing pro terrorist songs?

Ok, I get its an Irish club blah blah blah, but if a team here was started by afghans, and they started to sing about the Taliban. Is that ok? No real difference is there.

What about the ira songs? Why is it acceptable for fans to sing pro terrorist songs?

Ok, I get its an Irish club blah blah blah, but if a team here was started by afghans, and they started to sing about the Taliban. Is that ok? No real difference is there.

The songs tend to be about the IRA of 1916 btw rather than Provisional IRA which is the IRA of the bombing campaigns in recent history. We could have a debate on here about Irish history and Britains part in it, which could be quite interesting, but no doubt it would quickly descend into a slanging match, so I shan't bother.

The songs tend to be about the IRA of 1916 btw rather than Provisional IRA which is the IRA of the bombing campaigns in recent history. We could have a debate on here about Irish history and Britains part in it, which could be quite interesting, but no doubt it would quickly descend into a slanging match, so I shan't bother.

Maybe that's the problem, noone wants to talk about it in a sensible way.

I will ask again in a different way, what is the difference between the ira in 1916 and freedom fighters/terrorist/Islamists/whatever you call them in afghan Iraq etc.

Would It be acceptable for fans of an Iraqi , afghan etc club to be singing pro Taliban songs in 100 years time?

What is the difference?

Maybe that's the problem, noone wants to talk about it in a sensible way.

I will ask again in a different way, what is the difference between the ira in 1916 and freedom fighters/terrorist/Islamists/whatever you call them in afghan Iraq etc.

Would It be acceptable for fans of an Iraqi , afghan etc club to be singing pro Taliban songs in 100 years time?

What is the difference?

I don't know a huge amount about The Taliban I'm afraid, I can understand how pissed off a nation would feel if they have an occupying army, but then again some of the reported ideals of the Taliban I find horrific. The IRA in 1916 was part of an uprising against British rule, much in the same way countless countries all around the world have fought for independence eg Americans in 1776. The Provisional IRA is what came out of the more recent troubles and led the bombing campaigns.

Like most para military organisations all over the world there were undoubtedly members of it who were there for personal gain rather than some sort of ideal, although frankly, how anyone can think the killing of innocent civilians is an any way 'worth it' for a border change on a map is beyond me.

As far as I'm concerened the UVF, The Provos, UDA, Real IRA the ******* lot of them can do one.

A lot of nonsense written about this by the "usual suspects" might or might not of been sung by a few idiots amongst the 8000 Celtic fans, every club has its bigots, we should also remember the most vilest song ever sung at a football ground was sung by many Bristol city fans ( for those of us who were around in the early 70s).

It seems its the usual subjects that always paper over the subject, why can't they just come out and condone the actions of the vile MINORITY that attach themselves to THEIR club.

Better still why don't the mods move any thread descending into sectarian squabbling into the non football thread, I'd be happy to discuss in there.

The simple facts are that nobody has produced any evidence that Celtic fans sang songs about Lee Rigby. It is not about whether they sang pro IRA songs, we know that an element of their support does that. A fellow City fan that was at the match has already come on this forum to say he heard nothing chanted about Lee Rigby.

The simple facts are that nobody has produced any evidence that Celtic fans sang songs about Lee Rigby. It is not about whether they sang pro IRA songs, we know that an element of their support does that. A fellow City fan that was at the match has already come on this forum to say he heard nothing chanted about Lee Rigby.

it happened couple lads from Swansea who follow Celtic ended up in the part ground were it was being blasted out,further more I was at an old firm a few years back shortly after the soldiers were murdered waiting for pizza in Northern Ireland and thousands and I mean thousands of them dirty scumbags were waving pizza menus there disgusting sewer rats who have no respect for Britain the queen and armed forces brentford Saturday Lincoln city last summer abused and attacked Simon Weston the Falklands hero it goes on and on

it happened couple lads from Swansea who follow Celtic ended up in the part ground were it was being blasted out,further more I was at an old firm a few years back shortly after the soldiers were murdered waiting for pizza in Northern Ireland and thousands and I mean thousands of them dirty scumbags were waving pizza menus there disgusting sewer rats who have no respect for Britain the queen and armed forces brentford Saturday Lincoln city last summer abused and attacked Simon Weston the Falklands hero it goes on and on

Are you going to criticise Rangers fans for their obscene chanting about the Pope, songs about the murder of thousands of innocent Irish civilians by British forces/Protestant paramilitaries over the years or the songs and jokes about the famine where millions died (let them starve as executed wolf said). Both sets of fans have their idiots who are a disgrace to their club but it's only a small percentage, are you a sewer rat just because you support BCFC whose fans regularly used to sing "Aberfan" at Cardiff fans in reference to the 100 plus school kids who were killed in a landslide? as i say, every club has a vile minority of supporters including Rangers & BCFC!

Are you going to criticise Rangers fans for their obscene chanting about the Pope, songs about the murder of thousands of innocent Irish civilians by British forces/Protestant paramilitaries over the years or the songs and jokes about the famine where millions died (let them starve as executed wolf said). Both sets of fans have their idiots who are a disgrace to their club but it's only a small percentage, are you a sewer rat just because you support BCFC whose fans regularly used to sing "Aberfan" at Cardiff fans in reference to the 100 plus school kids who were killed in a landslide? as i say, every club has a vile minority of supporters including Rangers & BCFC!

Think it's time to calm down and retreat into your own beliefs guys, we can all pick out periods of history and spout it on an open, and may i add, inconspicious forum, The word we need to remember is HISTORY, it cant be changed, it's happened, done and dusted, concentrate on the future..............bury the hatchets......that's all

Two wrongs don't make a right.

PATHETIC post this is 2013 it shouldnt happen at any football match we all know what was sung by city fans and cardiff fans singing about the axbridge air crash but we are at war with the people these sewr rats are celebrating for murdering one of are armed forces im a footbal fan the celtic shirt is a football shirt its just a shame some of the scumbags who ware it offend me and my country

PATHETIC post this is 2013 it shouldnt happen at any football match we all know what was sung by city fans and cardiff fans singing about the axbridge air crash but we are at war with the people these sewr rats are celebrating for murdering one of are armed forces im a footbal fan the celtic shirt is a football shirt its just a shame some of the scumbags who ware it offend me and my country

Dunno fella, yer either a twelve year old or ex services with a problem, ( A ) if yer a twelve year old...read yer history...( B ) if yer ex services then respect and rant all you want ! seriously tho, they are the scum

Didn't realise we were at war, who are we at war with? you should definitely calm down my friend and control your anger, all i am saying is that all teams have their share of idiots.

Isn't it a shame when the religious freaks invade football and brainwash the lemmings, like the Scots really need encouragement to fight.

Old firm derby are..s-scary as hell, real vitriol, real hatred, mad Scots literally frothing at the mouth, some of them have gone full feral.

Suppose all that inbreeding, lack of sun, being ginger with multiple drug addictions has affected them somehow.

Didn't realise we were at war, who are we at war with? you should definitely calm down my friend and control your anger, all i am saying is that all teams have their share of idiots.

what are we doing in afghan playing British bulldogs,that dirty scumbag who murdered Lee Rigby done it in the name of Islam and for is brothers fighting the infidels in afghan is words,what happened at brentford was disgusting it wasn't a one off there at all the time they even have a song about the bombin the bin at Warrington McDonald's child died there if I remember right anyway **** them and anyone who defends them

Isn't it a shame when the religious freaks invade football and brainwash the lemmings, like the Scots really need encouragement to fight.

Old firm derby are..s-scary as hell, real vitriol, real hatred, mad Scots literally frothing at the mouth, some of them have gone full feral.

Suppose all that inbreeding, lack of sun, being ginger with multiple drug addictions has affected them somehow.

Dont forget their sunburn problem.......

old firm derbys are much bigger versions of the old city rovers derbys everything you described happened in our derbys apart from the religious bit

Great post. i'm much happier laughing at the Scottish in general, although, i was brought up watching some of the greatest ever players to play for BCFC who just happened to be Scottish, Gow, Sweeney, Ritchie, Gillies, i woder what religion they were. :facepalm:

what are we doing in afghan playing British bulldogs,that dirty scumbag who murdered Lee Rigby done it in the name of Islam and for is brothers fighting the infidels in afghan is words,what happened at brentford was disgusting it wasn't a one off there at all the time they even have a song about the bombin the bin at Warrington McDonald's child died there if I remember right anyway **** them and anyone who defends them

Chill, you got yer reasons, sadly as i said earlier............so have they....read some history about our great nation, with the same passion that you post with, maybe then and only then you might see the wood for the tree's

You really are an angry man, Warrington must of been over 20 years ago, we are in a new era now and hopefully those days are well behind us.

Chill, you got yer reasons, sadly as i said earlier............so have they....read some history about our great nation, with the same passion that you post with, maybe then and only then you might see the wood for the tree's

dont worry about me knowing my history im a protestant minister say no more ,whats that got todo with sewer rats spewing shite about something that happened recently

You really are an angry man, Warrington must of been over 20 years ago, we are in a new era now and hopefully those days are well behind us.

exactly I'm just following the party line on this thread you've it the nail on the head it's about what happened 2days ago other people started quoting aberfan ect so just joined in

dont worry about me knowing my history im a protestant minister say no more ,whats that got todo with sewer rats spewing shite about something that happened recently

Bollox end of, and as for minister, a man of god dont spout off like a child, it's either time for bed or have yer medication

BTW ime in yer corner, not in yer gob

A protestant Minister? the irony of it is very amusing. Are you drunk? :pray:

Archived