IGNORED

Celtic Fans...

Cider army1981

Nice to see you missed out the part where Ireland sent a letter of condolences to Germany, when hitler died.

DeV visited the German ambassador in Dublin to pass on his condolences. An act in keeping with the Free State's neutrality but, in my view at least, a shameful one all the same.

The Free State's neutrality was an ambivalent one. British planes and boats were allowed to enter Irish space whilst Axis planes and boats were not (though some of course did). British pilots who landed in the Free State were often smuggled back across the border whilst Axis pilots certainly were not. The Free State also helped to facilitate the movement of tens of thousands of Irish men and women into Britain's armed forces and munitions factories. This was all on the sly, and much has been written on the 'double game' that DeV was forced to play during the war.

If you know yer history forgive the pun you would know the Ira helped to guide the bombers fact

I see. Is your point that the IRA are anti-British?

In what way did they help to guide the bombers?

And by the way, putting "fact" at the end of a sentence doesn't make it true. E.g. Alan Curbishley is buying the house next to my best mate, fact.

DeV visited the German ambassador in Dublin to pass on his condolences. An act in keeping with the Free State's neutrality but, in my view at least, a shameful one all the same.

The Free State's neutrality was an ambivalent one. British planes and boats were allowed to enter Irish space whilst Axis planes and boats were not (though some of course did). British pilots who landed in the Free State were often smuggled back across the border whilst Axis pilots certainly were not. The Free State also helped to facilitate the movement of tens of thousands of Irish men and women into Britain's armed forces and munitions factories. This was all on the sly, and much has been written on the 'double game' that DeV was forced to play during the war.

they also had a plan to join up with hitlers lot ,and the uboats were refuled and the bombers were guided in

And by the way, putting "fact" at the end of a sentence doesn't make it true. E.g. Alan Curbishley is buying the house next to my best mate, fact.

fair enough ,there was docu on last year itv should get it on youtube all about the ira and there antics during the earlu days of ww2

The documentary fj08 is on about was a good watch, about the ira wanting to team up with the nazis when they invaded Northern Ireland, before the Germans then invaded the mainland.

Have you seen it yourself? It was a very good show.

I will have a look for that book, not sure I will agree with most of it, but certainly worth a read.

they also had a plan to join up with hitlers lot ,and the uboats were refuled and the bombers were guided in

The IRA certainly were keen to support the Germans and much of the Catholic population of Northern Ireland felt strongly about conscription. However, they were not in a position to be able to communicate with the Germans. Information discovered after the war suggests that the Luftwaffe did all the planning for their raids on Belfast independently.

There are stories, lots of them, about German sailors in Ireland during the war, but none of them stand up to scrutiny. David Fisk has done a lot of investigation in to this story. There is a link to one of his stories in an earlier post

fair enough ,there was docu on last year itv should get it on youtube all about the ira and there antics during the earlu days of ww2

Can you provide a link please. I wouldn't argue that the IRA were very anti-British and were supporting the Germans. However, that is the IRA and not Ireland.

Ive no problem with irish people what so ever, half my mates are prodyy half are catholic thats how it is , my only problem is with people who support terrorist and openly mock this countrys fighting men, just thought id say that before ni nights

GSTQ

The documentary fj08 is on about was a good watch, about the ira wanting to team up with the nazis when they invaded Northern Ireland, before the Germans then invaded the mainland.

Have you seen it yourself? It was a very good show.

I will have a look for that book, not sure I will agree with most of it, but certainly worth a read.

For another point of view on the de Valera story, you could try this website.

Ive no problem with irish people what so ever, half my mates are prodyy half are catholic thats how it is , my only problem is with people who support terrorist and openly mock this countrys fighting men, just thought id say that before ni nights

GSTQ

I've no problem with condemning terrorism and people who mock our forces.

I have a problem with people joining an internet witch-hunt (and I apologise for the emotive language) when there is no evidence of any wrong-doing.

I despise Celtic my mate who was into them asked me to go up on supporters bus with him,

this was late eighties, all songs sung were anti British pro IRA hardly any of your normal football songs were

sung, and when they were done singing shit, rebel songs would be played on bus stereo.

Yet all these guys lived and worked in England, but worse was to come went for a few beers around stadium

and the buckets came out for the cause, to this day the most horrible football experience I ever had to endure.

Still no :source: for the allegation of chants about the killing of Lee Rigby, then.

I wonder who made that one up?

look around the brentford forum and stop being boring ,thats all you got to say and stick yer silly little flags and shit all over the page think you better move on and leave this one alone as you clearly havnt got a clue go and guess the crowd or summut,

I despise Celtic my mate who was into them asked me to go up on supporters bus with him,

this was late eighties, all songs sung were anti British pro IRA hardly any of your normal football songs were

sung, and when they were done singing shit, rebel songs would be played on bus stereo.

Yet all these guys lived and worked in England, but worse was to come went for a few beers around stadium

and the buckets came out for the cause, to this day the most horrible football experience I ever had to endure.

Completely agree, disgusting, if they don't like it in England and they clearly don't then Ireland is where these scum bags should go, how can they live their lives in a place they detest, must be awful for them.

That said there are plenty of Irish who love the UK and want nothing to do with scum like that, for those and any race that embraces our culture our doors are wide open and we welcome you, after all this country would be nothing without immigration (in reason), a that's a fact.

Completely agree, disgusting, if they don't like it in England and they clearly don't then Ireland is where these scum bags should go, how can they live their lives in a place they detest, must be awful for them.

That said there are plenty of Irish who love the UK and want nothing to do with scum like that, for those and any race that embraces our culture our doors are wide open and we welcome you, after all this country would be nothing without immigration (in reason), a that's a fact.

Lots of people don't like the country they are living in: that's why they seek to change it. If everyone left a country because they didn't like it, then presumably the world would be dominated by totalitarianism. We have little to be proud of when it comes to the treatment of the Irish over the centuries.

look around the brentford forum and stop being boring ,thats all you got to say and stick yer silly little flags and shit all over the page think you better move on and leave this one alone as you clearly havnt got a clue go and guess the crowd or summut,

Not going to answer then. Thought not.

Do you seriously think that it wouldn't have been reported in the media if Celtic fans had gloated over Lee Rigby's death? I'm beginning to believe that it's a lie put about by semi-literate bigots like yourself.

Lots of people don't like the country they are living in: that's why they seek to change it. If everyone left a country because they didn't like it, then presumably the world would be dominated by totalitarianism. We have little to be proud of when it comes to the treatment of the Irish over the centuries.

A massive difference between vitriolic hatred and not liking something. The Irish that came and settled did so through circumstance (famine), these new breed, 2nd/3rd/4th generation can quite easily return to their motherland, they have a choice. Hardly totalitariasm.

Do you know what? I did look at the Brentford forum.

There are a few posters saying that there was chanting about Lee Rigby, but by far the majority are people telling them to shut up.

It seemed to me that there were a few (3?) WUM's on their boards (one had spelling a lot like you), trying to start something. But mostly people were saying they heard nothing of the sort.

By the way, have you tried to read your own posts? Do they make sense to you?

Archived