IGNORED

Celtic Fans...

Cider army1981

I think you will find that the British (army/loyalist paramilitaries) have killed many more Irish/Catholic children over the years

You are wilfully misunderstanding my post. The IRA are terrorists that kill childern. You now try and say that the British Army have some moral equivalence to the IRA. Is this your justification for Celtic's support for murdering children?

http://ifyouknowtheirhistory.blogspot.co.uk/2009/03/celtic-yobs-in-sick-taunts_12.html

No police reports but if it was a small group then there would be would there?

Plenty of sickening stories on the link above though Paddy, that can't be denied.........well maybe by Harrys!

Some things i can't deny, like the sickening chants of 100s of City fans reminding Cardiff fans of the Aberfan disaster where over 100 school kids lost their lives, as i've said all clubs have their share of idiots, City, Celtic and even Rangers are no different, Wolfie, even you can see that.

Some things i can't deny, like the sickening chants of 100s of City fans reminding Cardiff fans of the Aberfan disaster where over 100 school kids lost their lives, as i've said all clubs have their share of idiots, City, Celtic and even Rangers are no different, Wolfie, even you can see that.

I think we can all see that, but 2 points firstly apart from Millwall last season, I cannot recall seeing such an inflammatory banner as the infamous poppy banner at a UK ground in recent history and given it's size you have to ask how it found it's way into the ground and secondly I think the real problem Celtic will have as a club is that the media will be all over this like a rash and waiting for any excuse to pounce especially the DM and given some of the comments on Celtic social media sites I believe this could escalate, perhaps Celtic as a club would better off stating their position now.

I think we can all see that, but 2 points firstly apart from Millwall last season, I cannot recall seeing such an inflammatory banner as the infamous poppy banner at a UK ground in recent history and given it's size you have to ask how it found it's way into the ground and secondly I think the real problem Celtic will have as a club is that the media will be all over this like a rash and waiting for any excuse to pounce especially the DM and given some of the comments on Celtic social media sites I believe this could escalate, perhaps Celtic as a club would better off stating their position now.

Celtic as a club have made their position clear on several occasions, they support the Poppy Appeal and Celtic wore it on their shirts last year. Personally, although I have always worn a poppy, I don't like the way it has been turned into an issue in recent years in the media. If people want to wear a poppy, then great, and if they don't , then that is entirely their right, and nobody should be vilified for it.

Celtic as a club have made their position clear on several occasions, they support the Poppy Appeal and Celtic wore it on their shirts last year. Personally, although I have always worn a poppy, I don't like the way it has been turned into an issue in recent years in the media. If people want to wear a poppy, then great, and if they don't , then that is entirely their right, and nobody should be vilified for it.

Nothing to do with wearing a poppy, as you rightly say everybody has a right to wear or not to wear, it was to with the huge banner that found it's way into the ground and how that happened.

But then we just continue the merry go round and return to the freedom of speech aspect.

It would be better all round if all this stuff was kept away from football grounds but, while it was in poor taste and likely to incite a lot of unrest and ill feeling, people are allowed to not support the poppy appeal, or not agree with the actions of the british army.

In terms of bad behaviour committed in football stadiums across the globe that banner is way, way, way down on the list.

But then we just continue the merry go round and return to the freedom of speech aspect.

It would be better all round if all this stuff was kept away from football grounds but, while it was in poor taste and likely to incite a lot of unrest and ill feeling, people are allowed to not support the poppy appeal, or not agree with the actions of the british army.

In terms of bad behaviour committed in football stadiums across the globe that banner is way, way, way down on the list.

Not IMO, it is up there and the point is and I repeat for a 3rd time, HTF did a banner that size get into the ground, a banner like that has absolutely no place whatsoever in a UK football ground.

I agree to an extent, it would be better not displayed at a football ground of course.

Who really knows how it got in? Maybe it was never checked, maybe it was taken in in pieces to evade detection, maybe a steward or two that agreed with the sentiments turned their eyes and allowed it to be brought in. In any case it was a mistake on the clubs part which is obvious to everyone (including Celtic), so I'm not sure why you keep asking the question, or if the answer would really change anything to be totally honest.

We'll see if the club have learned their lesson and made appropriate changes with future displays. If not I'm sure they'll be fairly condemned, as expected.

I agree to an extent, it would be better not displayed at a football ground of course.

Who really knows how it got in? Maybe it was never checked, maybe it was taken in in pieces to evade detection, maybe a steward or two that agreed with the sentiments turned their eyes and allowed it to be brought in. In any case it was a mistake on the clubs part which is obvious to everyone (including Celtic), so I'm not sure why you keep asking the question, or if the answer would really change anything to be totally honest.

We'll see if the club have learned their lesson and made appropriate changes with future displays. If not I'm sure they'll be fairly condemned, as expected.

It was clearly takin in in pices, because that was how it was displayed.

If your belief is based on the paragraph quoted then you've made a bit of a leap there mate. Nowhere in that paragraph does the police spokesperson deny that these chants were made.

Is there something else that's led to your conclusion?

I have presented evidence that supports my stance and I think that you have chosen to dismiss my response to a specific claim by demanding some other (I believe unobtainable) piece of evidence.

The employment of rhetorical tactics like this, to give the appearance of argument or legitimate debate, when in fact there is none, is known as denialism.

It is well known fact that it is impossible to prove a negative (it is known legally as an unfair burden), and I don't think that anything I present could persuade you that the Celtic fans did not sing about the disgusting chants that you suggest they did. However, if you were able to find a video of the act in question, I'd happily accept that I am wrong.

I think that this rumour was started as an attack on Celtic fans by people with a sectarian agenda, similar to the earlier internet furore over the Celtic "Islam CSC".

I have presented evidence that supports my stance and I think that you have chosen to dismiss my response to a specific claim by demanding some other (I believe unobtainable) piece of evidence.

The employment of rhetorical tactics like this, to give the appearance of argument or legitimate debate, when in fact there is none, is known as denialism.

It is well known fact that it is impossible to prove a negative (it is known legally as an unfair burden), and I don't think that anything I present could persuade you that the Celtic fans did not sing about the disgusting chants that you suggest they did. However, if you were able to find a video of the act in question, I'd happily accept that I am wrong.

I think that this rumour was started as an attack on Celtic fans by people with a sectarian agenda, similar to the earlier internet furore over the Celtic "Islam CSC".

bullshit they done it ,ive also seen loads of them waring Celtic shirts with ha ha and 66 on there back rejoicing in the deaths of 66 people on the stairway ibrox disaster,nothing but total scummy slimey terrorist loving bastards

bullshit they done it ,ive also seen loads of them waring Celtic shirts with ha ha and 66 on there back rejoicing in the deaths of 66 people on the stairway ibrox disaster,nothing but total scummy slimey terrorist loving bastards

You seem to have made up your mind that Celtic fans sang the song based on you think 'its the sort of thing Celtic fans would do' rather than any evidence that they did it!

FFS it would be all over Youtube if it had been sung.

We have already established that some Celtic fans sing some vile songs, some Rangers fans have been violent beyond belief (including the murder of a child after an Old Firm game), and basically that some people are absolute c***s no matter what team they support.

I think you have shown your intelligence and wit in forming that argument.

I'm sorry you have put forward such a prejudiced and blinkered argument, but I am British. We believe that people are innocent until proven guilty. We do not form lynch mobs based on gossip, rumour and hearsay.

If you don't believe in these principles, please feel free to say so.

I think you have shown your intelligence and wit in forming that argument.

I'm sorry you have put forward such a prejudiced and blinkered argument, but I am British. We believe that people are innocent until proven guilty. We do not form lynch mobs based on gossip, rumour and hearsay.

If you don't believe in these principles, please feel free to say so. We have that right, too.

you related to Shakespeare or something you just rattle on ,your also guilty of all the things you call everyone else for and my BLINKERED views will never change as I've experienced them lowlife bastards first hand like I said previously ,walking around with AH AH 66 on your back how low is that I've actually got pics of that but not enough fingimigigs to post it

The chants regarding Aberfan were the saddest, shameful and most disrespecting times I remember at Ashton Gate. Great to wind the opposition up but NOT in this way.

you related to Shakespeare or something you just rattle on ,your also guilty of all the things you call everyone else for and my BLINKERED views will never change as I've experienced them lowlife bastards first hand like I said previously ,walking around with AH AH 66 on your back how low is that I've actually got pics of that but not enough fingimigigs to post it

Would it help if I posted it? It is widely available on the internet.

(I've removed the picture. Thinking about it, it is far too inflammatory to post. Here is a link if people really feel the need.)

It is a disgrace and this "man" should be ashamed of himself. Things like this are beyond the pale.

However, my argument on this thread is about one specific allegation and my point has remained that there is no evidence that it happened.

It is good of you to admit that your point of view is based entirely on your previous experience and not on any facts related to the Brentford game. Clearly there is no point in talking to you any further about it, as you say, you will not change your mind.

I am not related to Shakespeare. I just know how to spell.

And, because it causing me a little concern, could you tell me what I have called everyone else.

As far as I remember, I haven't called anyone anything. I called your argument 'prejudiced and blinkered', but I did not call you anything.

(I've removed the picture. Thinking about it, it is far too inflammatory to post. Here is a link if people really feel the need.)

It is a disgrace and this "man" should be ashamed of himself. Things like this are beyond the pale.

However, my argument on this thread is about one specific allegation and my point has remained that there is no evidence that it happened.

It is good of you to admit that your point of view is based entirely on your previous experience and not on any facts related to the Brentford game. Clearly there is no point in talking to you any further about it, as you say, you will not change your mind.

I agree with pretty much all you said there. As for the Celtic fan with the sickening shirt, well sometimes I think the best response is a good hard right hook.

The chants regarding Aberfan were the saddest, shameful and most disrespecting times I remember at Ashton Gate. Great to wind the opposition up but NOT in this way.

Absolutely right, i was a 10 year kid on the East End singing it myself at the time not having a clue what it meant other than knowing it wound up the Cardiff fans, i cringe now just writing this, my point all through this argument is that all fans have their idiots who are capable of the most vile abuse who will sing or do anything to wind up their fiercest rivals,

two wrongs don't make a right but the Cardiff fans used to chant Axbridge after the air crash both sickening,

This all thread was started about the Lee Rigby chant some on here have tried to turn it into an history lesson the fact is it was sung not by thousands but a few ********* as I said earlier my mates from Swansea who follow Celtic walked out of the ground the chant was also heard by them in that IRA slop hole pub near the railway bridge ,they did say that a lot of NORMAL Celtic fans were telling them to shut up which almost caused infighting,there famous for that anyway (look on you tube)

Think we're going round in circles been a good thread time to agree to disagree I think and get ready for the new season

I didn't think this actually happened, how embarrassing, how could people bring themselves to sing this, just awful.

Just for the reckon Shakespeare couldn't spell, he even spelt his name differently at different times. Spelling was not seen as important at the time as there was no standardised dictionary.

I didn't think this actually happened, how embarrassing, how could people bring themselves to sing this, just awful.

As a previous poster said, I used to sing it with my mates (except we were on the Tote !). I was only 2 at the time of the Aberfan disaster and have no memory of it. As a teenager we all used to just join in, jumping down the terracing to it, not having a clue that it meant anything, suffice to say we stopped singing it when we found out. I was at Newport away in the early 80s and a few Rovers fans were singing it, and a copper walked up to one and punched him full in the stomach, totally winded the kid, the look of shock on the kids face made me think he too didn't know what the chant was about, but I bet he never sang it again!

Archived