IGNORED

Celtic Fans...

Cider army1981

Celtic have a group of fans i.e The Green Brigade that are allowed and given tacit approval via the inaction of club and fans to organise anti British displays. These dispays go far beyond songs and twirling of scarves.

No other club in the UK allows similar. No other fans in the UK would tolerate it.

Agreed.

Imagine if it was a similar sized group of anti British Muslims being vocal and using banners to display vulgar messages, and/or align themselves with terrorist organisations there would be uproar, no different to what the ironically named GB do.

Why the **** is this forum full of enraged jocks all of a sudden? This post has no place in this forum - mods can this not be locked or at least moved? I really don't see why we need a 9 page plus thread on scottish football politics in our forum, it has nothing to do with our club or pretty much even football anymore.

Yes, we demand a Scottish religion & politics forum for those who care about these things - preferable on the TTIG website ;)

Why run to the mods? personally i think its one of the best threads we've had on here for ages, lots of sensible debate & interesting comments, hence the 9 pages, some numpties admittingly. Why ruin our enjoyment by moving the thread, just don't read it, plenty of other tedious & inane threads you can get involved with, (guess the crowd)

People throwing unfounded allegations around and claiming one-upmanship over fans of other clubs over "who's fans act like bigger tossers" - wouldn't call that sensible debate.

See you later then.

Hi wolfie, couldn't stay away? i promised myself i wouldn't post on here again but to be fair i've enjoyed the debate & banter. I admire your passion & loyalty to what you believe in but obviously we sing from different hymn sheets, from now on i'm going to concentrate on matters on the pitch at AG & hopefully we will find ourself on common ground, cheers.

Now you can see what supporters of other clubs have to put up with !

**** all to do with what goes on on the pitch . ***** the lot of them .

Now you can see what supporters of other clubs have to put up with !

**** all to do with what goes on on the pitch . ***** the lot of them .

What do they have to put up with? Are they being forced to read threads that they have no interest in?

bunch of jakie neds, even tried to large it at queens st yesterday my mate said it was like a ginger junkie fest dirty bheggers

What a stupid comment, you call others neds then go on like this, step back and read some of your own posts, also changing your pic to the hsv display is boring, we get it you are a zombie, don't need the extra clues

Hi wolfie, couldn't stay away? i promised myself i wouldn't post on here again but to be fair i've enjoyed the debate & banter. I admire your passion & loyalty to what you believe in but obviously we sing from different hymn sheets, from now on i'm going to concentrate on matters on the pitch at AG & hopefully we will find ourself on common ground, cheers.

Amen to that, it's all starting again on Saturday.

What a stupid comment, you call others neds then go on like this, step back and read some of your own posts, also changing your pic to the hsv display is boring, we get it you are a zombie, don't need the extra clues

Lets not have a go at people's pics, especially when you've got a cringeworthy avatar.

Of course that's just my opinion, like yours of his pic ;-)

whats boring about the HSV card display I personally thought they done a great job,sounds like I've touched a nerve

post-23108-0-51753200-1375130893.jpg

Well lets say that rangers played sankt Pauli and they had a tifo with an Irish tricolour and "up the ras" would that touch a nerve with you?

they have a tricola and rovers shirt in the Jolly Roger pub next to there ground,strangest and scruffiest bunch of footie fans i ever came across ,must admit was a bit of a shock for the Celtic fans that traveled to Hamburg that night

So, finally, you admit that not all Celtic supporters are the same. Some sort of progress I guess. Lumping all Celtic fans in together with the actions of a few idiots and the zeal with which some on here to call all Celtic fans scum, vermin, etc is exactly the sort stereotyping that can lead to incidents like Mark Scott getting his throat slit in Bridgeton just for wearing a Celtic shirt. Just a another IRA-loving Taig who had it coming. I'm not for one minute suggesting you condone that and nor am I suggesting that there aren't Celtic fans that aren't capable of such violence but there aren't any threads started on OTIB suggesting that all Rangers fans are catholic hating UVF/UFF/UDA lovers are there? So why do so many on here get a kick out of stirring up such hatred??

A lot of this is really about young men looking for some sense of identity. You looked to the land your grandfather came to for yours, whilst the GB and others look back to land of their forefathers for theirs. With the conflict/troubles in Ireland raging until comparatively recently most my age almost had to pick a side - Irish or British. There was no option to feel part of both heritages in the same way a second generation Jamaican kid could support the Windies at cricket and the England football team without any apparent contradiction. And whilst our skin didn't immediately single us out our names, religion, and accents did. Now unless your grandfather came from somewhere like Thailand which I think has never been colonised, then I'm sure if you look back into the history of your grandfather's country you will be able to find out about how those native people were treated by whichever imperialist ruled them. If you did then you may have some understanding why the GB and those of Irish extraction are hostile towards British soldiers, the poppy appeal and all emblems of British rule in Ireland. That is not to say they hate 'the British' as you and others like to simplistically portray. You can hate what the British state and their army did without hating British people. In the same way that today's german citizens cannot be blamed for the actions of the Nazis. That might be a little too complex for some on here the grasp though.

P.S. If your grandfather was black he may have actually been turned away from the same lodging as my old man when he came over. 'No blacks, no dogs, no Irish'.

So, finally, you admit that not all Celtic supporters are the same. Some sort of progress I guess. Lumping all Celtic fans in together with the actions of a few idiots and the zeal with which some on here to call all Celtic fans scum, vermin, etc is exactly the sort stereotyping that can lead to incidents like Mark Scott getting his throat slit in Bridgeton just for wearing a Celtic shirt. Just a another IRA-loving Taig who had it coming. I'm not for one minute suggesting you condone that and nor am I suggesting that there aren't Celtic fans that aren't capable of such violence but there aren't any threads started on OTIB suggesting that all Rangers fans are catholic hating UVF/UFF/UDA lovers are there? So why do so many on here get a kick out of stirring up such hatred??

A lot of this is really about young men looking for some sense of identity. You looked to the land your grandfather came to for yours, whilst the GB and others look back to land of their forefathers for theirs. With the conflict/troubles in Ireland raging until comparatively recently most my age almost had to pick a side - Irish or British. There was no option to feel part of both heritages in the same way a second generation Jamaican kid could support the Windies at cricket and the England football team without any apparent contradiction. And whilst our skin didn't immediately single us out our names, religion, and accents did. Now unless your grandfather came from somewhere like Thailand which I think has never been colonised, then I'm sure if you look back into the history of your grandfather's country you will be able to find out about how those native people were treated by whichever imperialist ruled them. If you did then you may have some understanding why the GB and those of Irish extraction are hostile towards British soldiers, the poppy appeal and all emblems of British rule in Ireland. That is not to say they hate 'the British' as you and others like to simplistically portray. You can hate what the British state and their army did without hating British people. In the same way that today's german citizens cannot be blamed for the actions of the Nazis. That might be a little too complex for some on here the grasp though.

P.S. If your grandfather was black he may have actually been turned away from the same lodging as my old man when he came over. 'No blacks, no dogs, no Irish'.

The most sensible post in 10 pages. Spot on!!

A lot of this is really about young men looking for some sense of identity. You looked to the land your grandfather came to for yours, whilst the GB and others look back to land of their forefathers for theirs. With the conflict/troubles in Ireland raging until comparatively recently most my age almost had to pick a side - Irish or British. There was no option to feel part of both heritages in the same way a second generation Jamaican kid could support the Windies at cricket and the England football team without any apparent contradiction. And whilst our skin didn't immediately single us out our names, religion, and accents did. Now unless your grandfather came from somewhere like Thailand which I think has never been colonised, then I'm sure if you look back into the history of your grandfather's country you will be able to find out about how those native people were treated by whichever imperialist ruled them. If you did then you may have some understanding why the GB and those of Irish extraction are hostile towards British soldiers, the poppy appeal and all emblems of British rule in Ireland. That is not to say they hate 'the British' as you and others like to simplistically portray. You can hate what the British state and their army' did without hating British people. In the same way that today's german citizens cannot be blamed for the actions of the Nazis. That might be a little too complex for some on here the grasp though.

Firstly, thanks for your condescending tone, I have a feeling I'm wasting my time writing this, however I feel compelled to do so.

"there aren't any threads started on OTIB suggesting that all Rangers fans are catholic hating UVF/UFF/UDA lovers are there? So why do so many on here get a kick out of stirring up such hatred??"

I think you know the many reasons for this, or at least I'd hope you do, you can't seriously be asking this question.

"That is not to say they hate 'the British' as you and others like to simplistically portray"

Why would I think that, hmmmm. Maybe it's the pizza leaflets, the IRA chants, the Provo banners, you know just a hint, seeing as the IRA did target mainland Britain, British Soldiers etc in their cowardly bombing campaign.

Of course all of this would be a lot easier for you to understand if you'd have been in Canary Wharf in 1996, or had loved ones injured in The Arndale bombing some weeks later in Manchester.

That's my last word on this thread I'm done, ignore button activated.

Some very interesting threads on this post, and I've learnt a bit of history while reading them, and it has been good that people from both "sides" have been able to contribute.

One of the things I like about visiting this forum is the fact that, alongside the usual forum topics, people do have mature discussions about a variety of issues. Long may it continue.

One display aside that's a load of crap, the GB do a lot for Celtic park atmosphere but the media would have you know they are a bunch of terrorist, sectarian , puppy killing bastards. They are just trying to create an atmosphere. They're not the bogeymen scaring the whole world

The Green Brigade are pro IRA. They use imagery and slogans associated with terrorism within the stadium. It has been several displays. They do not carry those banners into the ground hidden in their pockets. Celtic FC allows them to do this, and has created a section for this group.

The Green Brigade are pro IRA. They use imagery and slogans associated with terrorism within the stadium. It has been several displays. They do not carry those banners into the ground hidden in their pockets. Celtic FC allows them to do this, and has created a section for this group.

You obviously just write anything you want to believe! All of the above is complete and utter lies, if you have been keeping up with the times then you will know that here in Scotland there is a big division between the Celtic board and The Green Brigade. It's like me making up a similar lie that the Rangers equivalent The Union Bears are all Loyalist loving UDA/UVF supporters and run amok at every Scottish ground week in week out.

As some have pointed out Pro Republicanism is a very much complicated issue and to be honest is something myself and most on here can't be bothered getting into as the debate is usually derailed by a few idiots on both sides.

You obviously just write anything you want to believe! All of the above is complete and utter lies, if you have been keeping up with the times then you will know that here in Scotland there is a big division between the Celtic board and The Green Brigade. It's like me making up a similar lie that the Rangers equivalent The Union Bears are all Loyalist loving UDA/UVF supporters and run amok at every Scottish ground week in week out.

As some have pointed out Pro Republicanism is a very much complicated issue and to be honest is something myself and most on here can't be bothered getting into as the debate is usually derailed by a few idiots on both sides.

You can read about the republican politics of the Green Brigade in Tiocfaidh ár lá. The group have themselves used the phrase.

You can read about the republican politics of the Green Brigade in Tiocfaidh ár lá. The group have themselves used the phrase.

Your point being what??

As stated it's a complex issue. If I am correct we live in a democratic society and everyone is entitled to their views and opinions. Also I'm sure not all members of The Green Brigade will have the exact same views and beliefs.

Firstly, thanks for your condescending tone, I have a feeling I'm wasting my time writing this, however I feel compelled to do so.

"there aren't any threads started on OTIB suggesting that all Rangers fans are catholic hating UVF/UFF/UDA lovers are there? So why do so many on here get a kick out of stirring up such hatred??"

I think you know the many reasons for this, or at least I'd hope you do, you can't seriously be asking this question.

"That is not to say they hate 'the British' as you and others like to simplistically portray"

Why would I think that, hmmmm. Maybe it's the pizza leaflets, the IRA chants, the Provo banners, you know just a hint, seeing as the IRA did target mainland Britain, British Soldiers etc in their cowardly bombing campaign.

Of course all of this would be a lot easier for you to understand if you'd have been in Canary Wharf in 1996, or had loved ones injured in The Arndale bombing some weeks later in Manchester.

That's my last word on this thread I'm done, ignore button activated.

For Wolfie (not that you're interested).......

Whhhhhooooossshhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems I wasn't condescending enough.

If you have had loved ones injured in Warrington or witness the Canary Wharf bombing then you have my sympathies (however you may wish to take this). If you have you have every right to hate the IRA, just don't hold every Celtic fan personally responsible. That road only leads to more innocent people suffering which you seem incapable of comprehending.

For anyone else....

Without going into detail through some work that I have done recently I have some contact with a woman called Jo Berry. Her father was murdered by the IRA in the Brighton bombing. This is a link to a documentary she did where she confronted the IRA bomber responsible, Patrick Magee, in an attempt to understand why her father had to die in the cause of Ireland's freedom. Not sure how many are still interested in this thread but its a very powerful documentary and a good antidote to some of the closed minds on here. Amazing woman. I seen this when it came out originally and still just as powerful.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlsg3m_facing-the-enemy_shortfilms#.UVyFw1fxfyE

Archived