IGNORED

Celtic Fans...

Cider army1981

I'm small minded when you misunderstand my post? Ha. i'm talking about Celtic supporters. They sing pro IRA songs. The IRA kill children. Celtic fans hate poppies. I think that is bad. Hope that clears up your misunderstanding.

So you believe all Celtic fans hate poppies and sing IRA songs, how idiotic are you?! As stated they have a small element as do Rangers and a good few clubs down south who sing vile songs about all sorts.

If you have ever lived up North then you would see that the majority of football fans including both Celtic and Rangers fans are good people and just want to support there clubs.

Seems to be a bit confused, that response. Loyalist paramilitaries - despite being born in Ireland - are "British" whereas Irish and Catholic are considered the same thing?

Anyhoo, it's all getting a bit sectarian again so I'll just say poppies are remembering the dead in war, whatever their nationality or religion. They are also laid on the official cenotaph in the Republic of Ireland (and indeed sold there) and worn by the president during the Republic's remembrance day service at St Patrick's Cathedral.

All of which makes Celtic's "Green Brigade" seem rather silly.

(Of course, I realise that the "Green Brigade" do not represent the views of all Celtic fans.)

Anyway, I have nothing against Celtic fans, Irishmen, Scots, Catholics or indeed Loyalists. We need to learn the mistakes of the past, not celebrate them.

Tell that to the Orange Order!!! Aberdeen where I am based now is around 95% Protestant or Non denom as some put it and they are not warmly welcomed here, the people of Aberdeen can't be done with any of both sides spouting there hatred though surprisingly there is a rather bigger disliking of Rangers for whatever reason.

Mate it's a post on a football forum, not an application to Cambridge.

The article you refer to says nothing of the sort. The title is entirely misleading, I suggest you read the whole thing.

Following Rangers' visit to Bristol I didn't hear of any trouble or serious disorder so, assuming you're a City fan, would you rather have entertained scenes like these?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/AiYmiCnzlFw

Here's another article from the Hounslow, Heston & Whitton Chronicle.

http://www.hounslowchronicle.co.uk/west-london-news/local-hounslow-news/2013/07/24/bees-chief-sorry-for-celtic-bad-behaviour-109642-33650072/

Firstly I'm now based in Aberdeen through work and have only been to see City 3 times in the past few years but yes like some of my family I was brought up a City fan.

Secondly I can show you various articles about Rangers on there travels where there fans have run amoke, Manchester just being 1 of many! You seem like your trying to point score here and turn other City fans against Celtic and judging by your username you are indeed a Rangers fan.

I follow another Scottish club now that I'm here and quite frankly we don't like either of the clubs mentioned as for some reason they like to believe that everyone and anyone actually has some affinity to one side or the other. Most couldn't care.

mate I was at ibrox for the old firm shortly after this happened and them dirty scum bastards were waving thousands of pizza menus and at half time they were abusing Simon Weston the falkland

Islands hero with the burnt face when will people wake up and wipe the shit out there eyes and see them for what they are sewer rat is to good a name for those scum junkie bastards

I've heard just as bad from you lot at Pittodrie many a time and I've also heard a few horrible songs in return from the Aberdeen fans. Celtic and Rangers fans sing horrible songs about each other all the time whether its about killing catholics or gloryfying the IRA, both sides have a vocal amount of idiots. Your point scoring stuff is becoming a joke.

Could scotch football please, kindly, **** off back to jockland?

......excellent comment, it would also be nice if Jockstrap lawyer liar Tony Blair would also clear off back to his jockland homeland instead of landing English taxpayers with a massive bill for his 24/7 Police protection while he Lords it in his London metropolitan mansion.

So you believe all Celtic fans hate poppies and sing IRA songs, how idiotic are you?! As stated they have a small element as do Rangers and a good few clubs down south who sing vile songs about all sorts.

If you have ever lived up North then you would see that the majority of football fans including both Celtic and Rangers fans are good people and just want to support there clubs.

you haven't the slightest clue, wake up and smell the coffee. not every organisation/club/group is nice deep down, some are all about being disruptive.

I've heard just as bad from you lot at Pittodrie many a time and I've also heard a few horrible songs in return from the Aberdeen fans. Celtic and Rangers fans sing horrible songs about each other all the time whether its about killing catholics or gloryfying the IRA, both sides have a vocal amount of idiots. Your point scoring stuff is becoming a joke.

jesus what an idiot,you sheep shaggers are almost just as bad ,nice one simmo and who's that lying on the stairway come to mind ,your not quite as bad as the jakie scumbags but a very close second, pittodirie going tobe half closed I here this season and with the bheggers closing half the Lisbon lions stand Spl **** all with out the RANGERS, 34000 season tickets sold so far probaly top the 38000 from last season,and your famous sale out saturday lets show RANGERS WE DONT NEED THEM was it 9 or 10000 you managed to muster what a joke ,meanwhile over at ibrox on the sunday 50000 for a 4th tier game, I've got more friends on Facebook than you got fans, away and get yourself new wellies for the new season EWE will need them along with yer dopey ASC mob

Name one ,if you've heard just as bad ,sheepshagging song is as bad as you'll get against you lot

Could scotch football please, kindly, **** off back to jockland?

Some of it has been quite interesting though.

It's just a shame that one poster in particular seems to be able to get away with breaking a few forum rules without reproach by the mods.

Celtic have a group of fans i.e The Green Brigade that are allowed and given tacit approval via the inaction of club and fans to organise anti British displays. These dispays go far beyond songs and twirling of scarves.

No other club in the UK allows similar. No other fans in the UK would tolerate it.

jesus what an idiot,you sheep shaggers are almost just as bad ,nice one simmo and who's that lying on the stairway come to mind ,your not quite as bad as the jakie scumbags but a very close second, pittodirie going tobe half closed I here this season and with the bheggers closing half the Lisbon lions stand Spl **** all with out the RANGERS, 34000 season tickets sold so far probaly top the 38000 from last season,and your famous sale out saturday lets show RANGERS WE DONT NEED THEM was it 9 or 10000 you managed to muster what a joke ,meanwhile over at ibrox on the sunday 50000 for a 4th tier game, I've got more friends on Facebook than you got fans, away and get yourself new wellies for the new season EWE will need them along with yer dopey ASC mob

In English please ya wee coont.

Celtic have a group of fans i.e The Green Brigade that are allowed and given tacit approval via the inaction of club and fans to organise anti British displays. These dispays go far beyond songs and twirling of scarves.

No other club in the UK allows similar. No other fans in the UK would tolerate it.

As mentioned previously, there aren't many (if any) other clubs with the background of Celtic. So of course you wouldn't see it at other grounds. The whole anti-British thing will always have an element.. That isn't by itself wrong (although of course it will anger a lot of people), but being anti-British shouldn't equate to pro-IRA.

Regarding your points about the Green Brigade, you shouldn't think for one second they are given carte blanche by the club to do as they will..

There is a massive tension between both sides. Just this week the board issued a thinly veiled statement of warning to that section. One of numerous in recent seasons. There have been reports of constant police harassment during games, random bans against supporters sitting in that section. Take away the political aspects and it isn't a million miles away from some of the issues East End supporters have alleged.

Aside from this, there is a growing number of fans turning against them for harming the clubs reputation. Much like the East Enders, many at Celtic Park appreciate the atmosphere generated, however there are more and more each week looking at then with disdain for singing songs they shouldn't, having an inflated view of their own self-importance and seemingly considering themselves above other fans and the law.

The vast, vast majority would of course prefer the Green Brigade without the baggage at Celtic Park.

I'm sure after reading that post most will figure out who the idiot is!

I follow Aberdeen now as I work there and if you were bright enough to actually read my posts above you would see that I acknowledged that Aberdeen fans have also sung vile songs at some points though only really ever against 1 team (Rangers). Having said that I've heard numerous songs about various Loyalist paramilitaries being spouted from you lot but I suppose you believe that's ok as it's uber British and all that?? It's just as bad as the other lot from the East End of Glasgow and what they sing.

It seems like your trying to force your club down everyone else when most on here couldn't give a hoot about you!!

Stand Free.

I have presented evidence that supports my stance and I think that you have chosen to dismiss my response to a specific claim by demanding some other (I believe unobtainable) piece of evidence.

The employment of rhetorical tactics like this, to give the appearance of argument or legitimate debate, when in fact there is none, is known as denialism.

It is well known fact that it is impossible to prove a negative (it is known legally as an unfair burden), and I don't think that anything I present could persuade you that the Celtic fans did not sing about the disgusting chants that you suggest they did. However, if you were able to find a video of the act in question, I'd happily accept that I am wrong.

Thank you. I hope that, along with the other celtc apologists on this thread, you'll read the above and recognise the irony therein.

Firstly I'm now based in Aberdeen through work and have only been to see City 3 times in the past few years but yes like some of my family I was brought up a City fan.

Secondly I can show you various articles about Rangers on there travels where there fans have run amoke, Manchester just being 1 of many! You seem like your trying to point score here and turn other City fans against Celtic and judging by your username you are indeed a Rangers fan.

I follow another Scottish club now that I'm here and quite frankly we don't like either of the clubs mentioned as for some reason they like to believe that everyone and anyone actually has some affinity to one side or the other. Most couldn't care.

You've avoided my question and ignored my suggestion.

A couple of quotes below from the Green Brigade forum - which I understand to be the hardline Celtic fans.

As soon as it got an airing, I was straight across the road away from it all, not my crack at all. These guys singing about it should know better. I've said it before, it was maybe about 10 numpties and that's it, It should NOT reflect the whole of our support who on the day were fantastic.

Was just a few numpties standing outside the new inn pub....an absolute minority ruining it for everyone.

GLad the chant didnt find its way into the stadium.

There are also other posts on there condemning any such chanting which may have gone on, but the language was too strong for me to quote them. There are no posts on there which support the idea of singing about Lee Rigby.

It would seem that there was a song, but we are probably talking about a dozen people out of several thousand. Still a dozen people too many, and I condemn that, but as others have said, we've all got a dirty dozen or so at our own clubs.

By the way - I'm not a Celtic or Rangers fan, but decided to do a little digging after all the discussion this has merited on here.

A couple of quotes below from the Green Brigade forum - which I understand to be the hardline Celtic fans.

As soon as it got an airing, I was straight across the road away from it all, not my crack at all. These guys singing about it should know better. I've said it before, it was maybe about 10 numpties and that's it, It should NOT reflect the whole of our support who on the day were fantastic.

Was just a few numpties standing outside the new inn pub....an absolute minority ruining it for everyone.

GLad the chant didnt find its way into the stadium.

There are also other posts on there condemning any such chanting which may have gone on, but the language was too strong for me to quote them. There are no posts on there which support the idea of singing about Lee Rigby.

It would seem that there was a song, but we are probably talking about a dozen people out of several thousand. Still a dozen people too many, and I condemn that, but as others have said, we've all got a dirty dozen or so at our own clubs.

By the way - I'm not a Celtic or Rangers fan, but decided to do a little digging after all the discussion this has merited on here.

Sounds much more realistic- a handful of c***s out of several thousand, I hope they got a slap.

One display aside that's a load of crap, the GB do a lot for Celtic park atmosphere but the media would have you know they are a bunch of terrorist, sectarian , puppy killing bastards. They are just trying to create an atmosphere. They're not the bogeymen scaring the whole world

One display aside that's a load of crap, the GB do a lot for Celtic park atmosphere but the media would have you know they are a bunch of terrorist, sectarian , puppy killing bastards. They are just trying to create an atmosphere. They're not the bogeymen scaring the whole world

bunch of jakie neds, even tried to large it at queens st yesterday my mate said it was like a ginger junkie fest dirty bheggers

Why the **** is this forum full of enraged jocks all of a sudden? This post has no place in this forum - mods can this not be locked or at least moved? I really don't see why we need a 9 page plus thread on scottish football politics in our forum, it has nothing to do with our club or pretty much even football anymore.

Why the **** is this forum full of enraged jocks all of a sudden? This post has no place in this forum - mods can this not be locked or at least moved? I really don't see why we need a 9 page plus thread on scottish football politics in our forum, it has nothing to do with our club or pretty much even football anymore.

Why run to the mods? personally i think its one of the best threads we've had on here for ages, lots of sensible debate & interesting comments, hence the 9 pages, some numpties admittingly. Why ruin our enjoyment by moving the thread, just don't read it, plenty of other tedious & inane threads you can get involved with, (guess the crowd)

Why run to the mods? personally i think its one of the best threads we've had on here for ages, lots of sensible debate & interesting comments, hence the 9 pages, some numpties admittingly. Why ruin our enjoyment by moving the thread, just don't read it, plenty of other tedious & inane threads you can get involved with, (guess the crowd)

Spot on!!

Archived