IGNORED

Celtic Fans...

Cider army1981

I'm a completely sickened and disgusted, and to think we have people on this forum that believed nothing was said and that Celtic fans are blameless.

Utter scum!

For the record, I have said neither. I have as little time for the Celtic IRA chants as I do for the Rangers UVF chants. I would happily have neither polluting the terraces of the Gate.

I would just point out that I have still yet to see any convincing evidence about the Lee Rigby chant. And, no, call me an old reactionary, but I don't regard Twitter as evidence.

For the record, I have said neither. I have as little time for the Celtic IRA chants as I do for the Rangers UVF chants. I would happily have neither polluting the terraces of the Gate.

I would just point out that I have still yet to see any convincing evidence about the Lee Rigby chant. And, no, call me an old reactionary, but I don't regard Twitter as evidence.

I think from what i've seen/read it was a very very small minority, the problem Celtic have as a club is that the gutter press/media will be all over this like rash for most of this season and I suspect the minority will grow and although still a minority will become far more vocal, I don't think they will be able to help themselves IMO.

I think from what i've seen/read it was a very very small minority, the problem Celtic have as a club is that the gutter press/media will be all over this like rash for most of this season and I suspect the minority will grow and although still a minority will become far more vocal, I don't think they will be able to help themselves IMO.

Yes, that's precisely my problem. Not even the S*n seems to have picked up on the 'Rigby chants' - or, at least, no one here has had the nous to post a link.

I'm a completely sickened and disgusted, and to think we have people on this forum that believed nothing was said and that Celtic fans are blameless.

Utter scum!

Minority though isn't it. Every England away day "No surrender to the IRA" and "**** the Pope and the IRA" get an airing from a minority. England fans in Germany "My Grandad killed your Grandad" "10 German bombers" etc Rangers even sang that at the Gate for some reason.

It's embarrassing on all sides without exception if you ask me.

Having been to Belfast this year (during the flag demonstrations) I'm pleased to report that no-one over there (Protestants and Catholics) gives a **** anymore. Too many lives lost, too many have been effected. Look at the Orange Order marches, how many kicked off 200 on one small street? Laughable, no-one cares. The Catholics are growing in numbers too, the UVF and UDA are split by family disputes and more interested in organised crime. The police are finally not 80%+ Protestant. Times are changing for the better thankfully.

Just to have my 2 cent,

Haven't got time for anyone who uses football as an excuse for political/religious motivations.

However....not all fans of these two clubs are like this.

Having had to deal with Celtic fans in a previous job- some of them are the angriest people I have ever met, who would abuse me for being English. Most were friendly as you like, who like the majority on here just love their football. I also love visiting some friends in Dublin and have never encountered any hostility (and as my friends are locals we drink in local pubs) and most of them are Celtic fans.

Likewise I lived in Manchester when Rangers came into town for the last UEFA cup final. In the morning there was a fantastic atmosphere all that I spoke to were loving Manchester (the night before I was in a pub watching our play off semi final against palace and had a load of them singing city songs with me!!), by the evening there were cars overturned, police being assaulted, bottles being thrown etc. However this was caused by a minority- more than 200,000 Rangers fans were there that day, they believe the trouble was caused by around a 1,000.

As I say, I don't believe there is a place in football for Religious/political/racial motivations or the mocking of tragedies/deaths. If I'm honest I wouldn't put anything past the minority of ANY club and that includes City.

Just to have my 2 cent,

Haven't got time for anyone who uses football as an excuse for political/religious motivations.

However....not all fans of these two clubs are like this.

Having had to deal with Celtic fans in a previous job- some of them are the angriest people I have ever met, who would abuse me for being English. Most were friendly as you like, who like the majority on here just love their football. I also love visiting some friends in Dublin and have never encountered any hostility (and as my friends are locals we drink in local pubs) and most of them are Celtic fans.

Likewise I lived in Manchester when Rangers came into town for the last UEFA cup final. In the morning there was a fantastic atmosphere all that I spoke to were loving Manchester (the night before I was in a pub watching our play off semi final against palace and had a load of them singing city songs with me!!), by the evening there were cars overturned, police being assaulted, bottles being thrown etc. However this was caused by a minority- more than 200,000 Rangers fans were there that day, they believe the trouble was caused by around a 1,000.

As I say, I don't believe there is a place in football for Religious/political/racial motivations or the mocking of tragedies/deaths. If I'm honest I wouldn't put anything past the minority of ANY club and that includes City.

That's worth a whole lot more than two cents, manc.

Minority though isn't it. Every England away day "No surrender to the IRA" and "**** the Pope and the IRA" get an airing from a minority. England fans in Germany "My Grandad killed your Grandad" "10 German bombers" etc Rangers even sang that at the Gate for some reason.

It's embarrassing on all sides without exception if you ask me.

Having been to Belfast this year (during the flag demonstrations) I'm pleased to report that no-one over there (Protestants and Catholics) gives a **** anymore. Too many lives lost, too many have been effected. Look at the Orange Order marches, how many kicked off 200 on one small street? Laughable, no-one cares. The Catholics are growing in numbers too, the UVF and UDA are split by family disputes and more interested in organised crime. The police are finally not 80%+ Protestant. Times are changing for the better thankfully.

Depends on how many you think constitutes a "minority".

http://youtu.be/c-3o7TWOujs

footy-main_1159493a.jpg

Utter scum!

You mean the five or six that were singing it in the pub, not all Celtic fans I assume ?

Looks like a minority to me...I could show you the murals of Stevie Top Gun McKeag in UFF area in Belfast, that's a minority too right?

Use to be a mural of Jonny "mad dog" Adair on the Shankhill as well, he was a regular at Ibrox, nastiest piece of work ever to come out of Belfast, does that make all rangers fans scum?

Looks like a minority to me...I could show you the murals of Stevie Top Gun McKeag in UFF area in Belfast, that's a minority too right?

Sorry mate, I don't understand your post.

Perhaps I could have been clearer with mine and simply asked; at which point does a minority become an issue?

Sorry mate, I don't understand your post.

Perhaps I could have been clearer with mine and simply asked; at which point does a minority become an issue?

No idea mate. My point is simple; there are a minority of idiots/extremists on both sides. I also believe that many England fans who sing 'no surrender' and probably many Celtic who sing about the IRA are actually NOT idiots or extremists believe it or not, a lot of it is posturing and people going with the crowd. Privately their political/religious stances might be very different...ie as I said earlier most of them don't give a **** any more and are tired of fighting.

No idea mate. My point is simple; there are a minority of idiots/extremists on both sides. I also believe that many England fans who sing 'no surrender' and probably many Celtic who sing about the IRA are actually NOT idiots or extremists believe it or not, a lot of it is posturing and people going with the crowd. Privately their political/religious stances might be very different...ie as I said earlier most of them don't give a **** any more and are tired of fighting.

Is there really minority, really? Having been to both celtic and rangers matches, I have to say, the detestable chanting seems to start and then spread around the whole ground (both grounds)

A minority, I'm not so sure, that is something an apologist for them usually pipes up with.

Granted I have been to 3 rangers and 2 celtic games in my life. But each of those 5 times it was the same. I expect to be told be some people I must have been unlucky and it is not normally like this.

I for one do not believe it is a minority in the ground. How many actually believe what they are singing, and are just singing because that is what they is up for debate. But to say only the minority sing vile songs is not debatable imo.

Some quality GB flags from rangers fans tonight at sheff weds. Loads of RIP lee rigby ect ect such a different class of support!!

Rule Britannia!!

GSTQ!!

WATP!!

Are you there? what is your interest in a poor Scottish 2nd division team against a very average championship team in a friendly?

Is there really minority, really? Having been to both celtic and rangers matches, I have to say, the detestable chanting seems to start and then spread around the whole ground (both grounds)

A minority, I'm not so sure, that is something an apologist for them usually pipes up with.

Granted I have been to 3 rangers and 2 celtic games in my life. But each of those 5 times it was the same. I expect to be told be some people I must have been unlucky and it is not normally like this.

I for one do not believe it is a minority in the ground. How many actually believe what they are singing, and are just singing because that is what they is up for debate. But to say only the minority sing vile songs is not debatable imo.

I should have been clearer, I'm talking about sectarianism totally not just within Celtic/Rangers. That's why I was referring to Belfast and the huge strides that have been made over there. Makes me understand less why football fans who have no connection with NI or Protestants/Catholics seem to take up the fight on others behalf - when the majority IN NI don't want it and indeed the troubles are significantly dying down!

There is no point even debating with those on here with such an obvious agenda.

Tbf there has been some decent debate by a few.

Ultimately, anyone trying to reason that one of Celtic or Rangers is 'better' than the other is an idiot. Both have their fair share of despicable blinded cretins following them.

Indeed. What baffles me is that they feel the need to post on the fans forum of an English football club.

Are you there? what is your interest in a poor Scottish 2nd division team against a very average championship team in a friendly?

and we are on the forum of a pretty shit division one team who got the run around in the second half by a poor scot div 2 side, perhaps all football is crap except barca man u. Real

I should have been clearer, I'm talking about sectarianism totally not just within Celtic/Rangers. That's why I was referring to Belfast and the huge strides that have been made over there. Makes me understand less why football fans who have no connection with NI or Protestants/Catholics seem to take up the fight on others behalf - when the majority IN NI don't want it and indeed the troubles are significantly dying down!

Fair enough. I certainly no where near what it was over there. Bloke at works dad was a station commander in NI through the 70's and 80's they couldn't go anywhere with out thorough 30 min checks on the car! Leaving the house was a major problem throughout his childhood, worse for his mother and father. He says today's NI to his boyhood NI is like chalk and cheese. So why these arses glorify both sides in the name of football is odd, and why so many?! Football's horde mentality at its very worst.

I second this. Twitter and forum posts are not evidence that there was chanting at the Brentford game.

Furthermore, if you read the posts in the big pic, many (if not most) are telling the idiots to pack it in.

Who were you supporting when City played Rangers?

draw would have done me as im season ticket holder at both grounds i was in the east end because i had a few mates down for the weekend, first city game was big johns benifit game 1967 ish its sad to see how both teams have gone backwards in recent times

I second this. Twitter and forum posts are not evidence that there was chanting at the Brentford game.

Furthermore, if you read the posts in the big pic, many (if not most) are telling the idiots to pack it in.

Far too much common sense being talked now.

Archived