IGNORED

Celtic Fans...

Cider army1981

So why on the Celtic forum did other Celtic fans say that there was chanting of a disgusting an obscene manor re Lee Rigby.

The police are rarely correct, unless of course you want them to be.

As you know, all kinds of things can be posted on a forum. It doesn't make them true.

And internet trolls exist in Scotland too. You saw the reactions that were on the forum screen dumps that were posted. They were mostly horrified too.

The question is, "were offensive songs sung about Lee Rigby at the Brentford game",

There is no evidence to suggest that there were.

Why is everyone saying about lee rigby, while glossing over the ira songs?

It's like, they didnt sing about rigby, everyone's out to get Celtic, without people condoning the ira songs.

It's like its acceptable to see pro terrorist songs

http://ifyouknowtheirhistory.blogspot.co.uk/2009/03/celtic-yobs-in-sick-taunts_12.html

Have a look at these sick *****s.

So the Celtic fans DIDN'T sing about Lee Rigby?

Should I hold my breath waiting for an apology from those who made up this lie? Probably not :(

shut up you idiot,zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz borrrrrrrrrring that all you ever say

http://ifyouknowtheirhistory.blogspot.co.uk/2009/03/celtic-yobs-in-sick-taunts_12.html

No police reports but if it was a small group then there would be would there?

Plenty of sickening stories on the link above though Paddy, that can't be denied.........well maybe by Harrys!

Yes. I agree, there are some really scabby Celtic fans.

mate I was at ibrox for the old firm shortly after this happened and them dirty scum bastards were waving thousands of pizza menus and at half time they were abusing Simon Weston the falkland

Islands hero with the burnt face when will people wake up and wipe the shit out there eyes and see them for what they are sewer rat is to good a name for those scum junkie bastards

mate I was at ibrox for the old firm shortly after this happened and them dirty scum bastards were waving thousands of pizza menus and at half time they were abusing Simon Weston the falkland

Islands hero with the burnt face when will people wake up and wipe the shit out there eyes and see them for what they are sewer rat is to good a name for those scum junkie bastards

What about the Rangers fan slitting the throat of a schoolboy Celtic fan in 96, what about the teenage Catholic girl and her mate beaten and left for dead outside a Belfast Rangers bar, I could quote you plenty more. I could also tell you about vile acts by Celtic fans, Rovers fans, City fans, West Ham fans, Chelsea etc etc.

Some people are *****, it doesn't matter what team they support.

What about the Rangers fan slitting the throat of a schoolboy Celtic fan in 96, what about the teenage Catholic girl and her mate beaten and left for dead outside a Belfast Rangers bar, I could quote you plenty more. I could also tell you about vile acts by Celtic fans, Rovers fans, City fans, West Ham fans, Chelsea etc etc.

I agree with you, there are groups of fans who disgrace every football club.

Do you think that some posters are trying to suggest that Celtic fans are worse than other clubs?

and I could quote you plenty back

I agree with you, there are groups of fans who disgrace every football club.

Do you think that some posters are trying to suggest that Celtic fans are worse than other clubs?

They are. I'm a Celtic season ticket holder, and I love to see Rangers struggle, I have seen plenty of disgusting behaviour from Rangers fans, but I'm not dense enough to think they are all like that. A really good mate of mine is a Rangers season ticket holder (from Coatbridge which is very much a Celtic area), I'm sure he dislikes Celtic as much as I do Rangers (In fact I know he does) but he grew up with Celtic fans and has a brain, so he too would realise that some of them were okay and some of them were *****. It's common sense really.

They are. I'm a Celtic season ticket holder, and I love to see Rangers struggle, I have seen plenty of disgusting behaviour from Rangers fans, but I'm not dense enough to think they are all like that. A really good mate of mine is a Rangers season ticket holder (from Coatbridge which is very much a Celtic area), I'm sure he dislikes Celtic as much as I do Rangers (In fact I know he does) but he grew up with Celtic fans and has a brain, so he too would realise that some of them were okay and some of them were *****. It's common sense really.

change rangers for Celtic and Celtic for rangers in yer post and I would say exactly the same there's a chance I might know the Coatbridge lad as us bristol bears have close contacts with them ,

Good Post

change rangers for Celtic and Celtic for rangers in yer post and I would say exactly the same there's a chance I might know the Coatbridge lad as us bristol bears have close contacts with them ,

Good Post

Good Post

Most people in Coatbridge would know him, he goes up with a few Gas lads quite often.

We all know that every club has scum that follows them, it just so happens that a lot of Celtic scum are anti British and mock the death of servicemen.

My particular axe to grind is with certain members of this forum who stick up for them without hesitation and deny any wrong doing, which in my eyes just condones the action/crime.

Just did.

"The Chronicle asked the police whether any complaints had been made regarding these allegations and if an investigation was taking place.

A spokesman confirmed no allegations of any offensive songs or chanting had been received and added if anyone knew of any specific incidents they should report them to police immediately."
So, there are allegations on twitter and on some internet forums, but no reports in reputable media and no complaints to the police.
No one, as far I can see, has denied that there was bad behaviour from the Celtic fans, which included pitch invasions and setting off smoke-bombs. This is what your links demonstrate.
This thread was started based on the accusation that in addition to this, they sang abhorrent songs about the death of Lee Rigby. I believe that it has been shown that THIS accusation is false.

If your belief is based on the paragraph quoted then you've made a bit of a leap there mate. Nowhere in that paragraph does the police spokesperson deny that these chants were made.

Is there something else that's led to your conclusion?

executedwolf, who do you believe has been sticking up blindly for Celtic?

I read most of the threads they are mentioned in on here and I'm not sure I've seen anyone take this stance.

Happy to be proven wrong in this case, though.

That's what I'm struggling with. I've made it clear that I like Celtic, but I acknowledge that sometime the fans let the club down, but they are no different to any other club in that respect. The thread was mainly about whether Lee Rigby songs were sung or not, it seems pretty clear to most reasonably minded people that they weren't. I'm familiar with the anti Celtic site Executed Wolf has posted links to, trust me, if there was video evidence of Celtic fans singing a vile song that bloke would have found it, he dedicates his life to it!

I like Celtic because I have a Scottish/Irish background, and people talked of Celtic as being 'our' team. I understand why some people with that background have no love for the British Army, who undeniably committed some terrible atrocities in Ireland. I understand why many English hate the IRA who undeniably committed some terrible atrocities all over Britain. Those things are largely in the past, although sadly a few people enjoy keeping the hatred going.

My dad served tin WW2 (Theres even a plaque with his name on at the seamans memorial in town which I'm rather proud of) and his dad served in WW1, and I wear my poppy every year, and it's just dawned on me that as there are Champions League games in November I must have worn it at Celtic Park a few times, and nobody has ever said a thing to me about it.

I have been to Celtic Park on countless occasions and I can tell you now, that what people are chatting about in pubs isn't how evil the British are, or catholic oppression, or The IRA. They chat about how shit/good the midfield is lately, about who we should be signing, about our chances in the next game. I suspect if I went in the pubs around Ibrox on matchday the conversations would be very similar in nature.

That's what I'm struggling with. I've made it clear that I like Celtic, but I acknowledge that sometime the fans let the club down, but they are no different to any other club in that respect. The thread was mainly about whether Lee Rigby songs were sung or not, it seems pretty clear to most reasonably minded people that they weren't. I'm familiar with the anti Celtic site Executed Wolf has posted links to, trust me, if there was video evidence of Celtic fans singing a vile song that bloke would have found it, he dedicates his life to it!

I like Celtic because I have a Scottish/Irish background, and people talked of Celtic as being 'our' team. I understand why some people with that background have no love for the British Army, who undeniably committed some terrible atrocities in Ireland. I understand why many English hate the IRA who undeniably committed some terrible atrocities all over Britain. Those things are largely in the past, although sadly a few people enjoy keeping the hatred going.

My dad served tin WW2 (Theres even a plaque with his name on at the seamans memorial in town which I'm rather proud of) and his dad served in WW1, and I wear my poppy every year, and it's just dawned on me that as there are Champions League games in November I must have worn it at Celtic Park a few times, and nobody has ever said a thing to me about it.

I have been to Celtic Park on countless occasions and I can tell you now, that what people are chatting about in pubs isn't how evil the British are, or catholic oppression, or The IRA. They chat about how shit/good the midfield is lately, about who we should be signing, about our chances in the next game. I suspect if I went in the pubs around Ibrox on matchday the conversations would be very similar in nature.

As I posted earlier, I went to Parkhead with 14 other lads from Bristol, to the best of my knowledge only one was a Catholic (correction from earlier post, remembered one lad from Belfast) and none Celtic fans. We'd had a few drinks and were quite loud and clearly English (aside from Belfast lad), and had no problems at all. The Celtic support couldn't have been any more welcoming.

I am quite sure there are Celtic fans capable of disgusting actions, but let us be honest there are City fans like that also. Coming back from Millwall five years ago there were City fans in the back of my coach making monkey actions at black people walking through the streets of south London - embarrassing.

What a sensible post :clap:

I have been to Celtic Park on countless occasions and I can tell you now, that what people are chatting about in pubs isn't how evil the British are, or catholic oppression, or The IRA. They chat about how shit/good the midfield is lately, about who we should be signing, about our chances in the next game. I suspect if I went in the pubs around Ibrox on matchday the conversations would be very similar in nature.[/quote

So what about the rest of the vile things on that web site? The hoardes waving pizza leaflets.

The hundreds/thousands holding up the anti poppy messages/placards?

We can argue about this forever but, I'm clear that its not all Celtic supporters who act like this, I'm also clear that its not just a quiet minority, I'd also question why your club haven't done more to ban these individuals/groups permanently and yes I understand every club has its idiots yet I struggle to find one so anti British ........... yet living in Britain.

My family came to this country to work, we embraced the culture and got on with things, my grandfather as a foreigner has a clear message, if you don't like it here then go back to where you came from and do it quietly, a message that these anti British republican wannabes should take note of..........problem is, as much as they hate Great Britain most of the idiots were born here!

What do you want me to say? Would you like me to comment on every single incident? That would be a good game, I could condemn the mocking of the dead soldiers (I do), then you could condemn the murder of the 16 year old schoolboy- we would be here forever!

The club do stamp down on sectarian behaviour in the ground by the way, you wont hear much in the way of pro IRA songs inside the ground. Both clubs go out of their way to be seen supporting organisations such as 'Nil By Mouth'. I Know Rangers tried to ban a few songs a couple of years ago, although I think they are still sung (Billy Boys etc) but for what it's worth I have never found these songs particularly offensive, I don't think many of the fans singing literally want to be up to their knees in my blood!

On the subject of songs Rangers sing, I think 'Penny Arcade' is a great tune, although I would rather we just kept that between you and me ;)

Archived