IGNORED

Nfl Thread

GodEmperor Palpatine

Good win for the Eagles on Sunday, really wanted Foles to break the touchdown pass record but sadly it wasn't to be. Still, it's nice to see him stepping up his game which could signal the end for Vick who I think is just too injury prone. The constant flip flopping has evidently caused the Eagles' inconsistency this season, but who knows from here on out if Foles can keep the form he showed the other night.

Foles looked top notch but it was against a poor Raiders D.. be a different ball game against the Cheeseheads.

In saying that they are totally banged up with Rodgers now out for at least three weeks, put pressure on Wallace then the Eagles might just get something as they really only have the run game left.

Just when you think your season is over the Eagles rape the Bears and there is still hope. The NFC North comes down to a winner takes all at Soldier field next week. With luck Rogers is back and we can get the win.

I know what you mean but do you have to use that particular verb in this context ?

Well, what a great display by the Eagles. That being said, I fear for all the hard work they've put in this season, I just can't see them reaching the Super Bowl. Offense is excellent, defense leaves me worried. Against a tough Seahawks team, will the Eagles really be able to pull it off?

I'd love it if they got to the final as they've been largely ignored this season, yes, we get it...everyone loves the Pats and Packers. But Philly has waited a long time for a Super Bowl win

Nothing to defend, BS3 is using a word from the dictionary in it's correct context. I don't like how the English language is raped by sensitive souls who think they have the right to change the meanings and use of the words.

I was wrong you are an idiot, same as BS3 if you think that is acceptable, obviously you are aware of the main meaning of the word.

Hopefully you'll both see the error of your ways when you grow up a bit. Would you use that word if you were talking about the NFL in female company ?

I was wrong you are an idiot, same as BS3 if you think that is acceptable, obviously you are aware of the main meaning of the word.

Hopefully you'll both see the error of your ways when you grow up a bit. Would you use that word if you were talking about the NFL in female company ?

I'd use it in its correct context, If someone desperately wanted to be insulted then I would explain to them the error of their ways by providing the oxford dictionary definition (As here). If they were still too stupid to accept that many words have different meanings (As here) I would simply pity them.

Is it a terrible thing to call a child born out of wedlock a bastard? A crowing bird a Cock? A meatball in gravy a Faggot?

I'm about the most liberal minded fella around, reasonably feminist, love equality and the only charity I've ever given money to is Amnesty international. Doesn't mean I accept the way people desperately want to get insulted by anything in the world these days. If you've got such a huge problem with the word then get on to the publishers of the Oxford Dictionary. Get that definition removed. Until then, you should accept that words should be taken in the context they are spoken. BS3 had no intent to insult women( ? in general or those who have been affected by rape?) it is you who has fabricated that.

I'd use it in its correct context, If someone desperately wanted to be insulted then I would explain to them the error of their ways by providing the oxford dictionary definition (As here). If they were still too stupid to accept that many words have different meanings (As here) I would simply pity them.

Is it a terrible thing to call a child born out of wedlock a bastard? A crowing bird a Cock? A meatball in gravy a Faggot?

I'm about the most liberal minded fella around, reasonably feminist, love equality and the only charity I've ever given money to is Amnesty international. Doesn't mean I accept the way people desperately want to get insulted by anything in the world these days. If you've got such a huge problem with the word then get on to the publishers of the Oxford Dictionary. Get that definition removed. Until then, you should accept that words should be taken in the context they are spoken. BS3 had no intent to insult women( ? in general or those who have been affected by rape?) it is you who has fabricated that.

I'm sorry it was not used in it's correct context. I say again if you were having this discussion in female company would you use the term rape ? Carry on with your bone headedness and good luck to you.

. At 41 I think I have grown up but I assume you were just trying to be insulting.

Oh and yes I would use the word in front of female company as well as male company as the last tome I checked, men as well as women can be raped ( in the verb sence).

I have even asked my missus, who is degree educated and she does not find the word offensive.

Now, let's back on track.

Go Pakers

OMG, what a night and what a game. Watching that was absolute torture and that last drive was just something else with three fourth down attempts. Aaron Rogers makes such a difference at QB and having Cobb back makes a difference.

We certainly missed Matthews last night and will need him back for the 49ers next week as he is our best chance of containing Kaepernick from scrambling into our secondary and ripping us apart (like he did last year in the play offs).

We aint going to win the big one but i would still like to get there and maybe have a chance.

OMG, what a night and what a game. Watching that was absolute torture and that last drive was just something else with three fourth down attempts. Aaron Rogers makes such a difference at QB and having Cobb back makes a difference.

We certainly missed Matthews last night and will need him back for the 49ers next week as he is our best chance of containing Kaepernick from scrambling into our secondary and ripping us apart (like he did last year in the play offs).

We aint going to win the big one but i would still like to get there and maybe have a chance.

Regretting losing Sky Sports now! So pleased for the Eagles as they were somewhat overloooked this season but they've done fantastically despite a slightly nervy defense. Like your pals, I think it's going to be tough for them to even get to the Meadowlands but who knows...

Regretting losing Sky Sports now! So pleased for the Eagles as they were somewhat overloooked this season but they've done fantastically despite a slightly nervy defense. Like your pals, I think it's going to be tough for them to even get to the Meadowlands but who knows...

The only thing in our advantage is home field advantage. We need snow and bloody lots of it to even the playing field. Our D  gives up lots of yards but we have started getting some takeaways the last few weeks. I dont think  it will be pretty and all things being equal the 49ers will walk it without breaking a sweat BUT its the play offs and its in title town and anything can happen.

Can't believe I finished 18th overall this week on the Fantasy League!!  Maaaan!!!  If only I'd had 9 more points I'd be in the draw for the Superbowl tickets - so near yet so far.

I should have stayed loyal to my Bengals and chosen our defence, that would have pushed me right up there!!  Bugger!

Anyway - what a fantastic Week 17 that was eh??  Some cracking games.

Sorry about them Eagles, NR - who dat!

Now for a return to Seattle, doesn't get any easier!

Sorry about them Eagles, NR - who dat!

Now for a return to Seattle, doesn't get any easier!

Fair play. The Eagles have had a lot of close games of late, and this one just went the other way this time round. They've still had a great season, when nobody expected them to do well. Seattle will be very tough for the Saints! Pretty gutted for everyone over there, but not quite as ****ed off as this old boy...

http://youtu.be/8P--oOKU0s0

Fair play. The Eagles have had a lot of close games of late, and this one just went the other way this time round. They've still had a great season, when nobody expected them to do well. Seattle will be very tough for the Saints! Pretty gutted for everyone over there, but not quite as ****ed off as this old boy...http://youtu.be/8P--oOKU0s0

Ha, he's pretty pissed off! Real tough one tonight, just seen Jimmy Graham arguing with a few Seahawks pre game, gonna be a smash mouth kinda game I think

BS3, would love to beat Kap and his boys in the Championship game, then go do over Peyton or Tom in the big one....but don't think we'll manage it. Always next year!

Archived