IGNORED

Nfl Thread

GodEmperor Palpatine

Well I've started to get into this after many years of passively watching it, I used to be a season ticket holder down the gate for many years, would never miss a game but I became bored, now I find myself drawn to F1 and now really wanting to learn more about NFL.

At first I looked on at it being a game for wimps with all the padding and helmets and never understood the rules (still dont)and all the long breaks in play did my head right in.

I attempted to watch a game a few weeks back but couldn't stand watching that Colin Murray blabber on.

Never ever have I managed to watch a full game, always attempt to watch the super bowl but as I didn't understand I used to fall asleep within 5 mins.

But now I find myself beinf rather intrigued, this year I managed to actually watch the whole super bowl and even went as far as having some chicken wings. As the game went on I sort of gained a little understanding.

I realised actually how physical it is, how tactical it is and how intense it is when they arw actually playing.

So now i've gained that respect for the sport I want to know more, like a dummies guide so any insight you could offer would be great.

Next I guess would be looking for a side to support, only side I feel drawn to is Cowboys but only cos I think their stadium is the best in the world, have watched all the documentries about 'jerrys world' and spent hours looking at pictures but apart feom the stadium I have no clue of how food they are or indeed anyone or even how the whole league structure works.

So any advice would be fantastic.

Next I guess would be looking for a side to support

The correct answer is the St. Louis Rams. You already follow a team that improves in some areas, decays rapidly in others, exists under the delusion that things will get better after a couple of decent games before the humpings resume.

The actual gameplay once a phase of play is happening is good stuff. For me though its practically unwatchable due to all the stoppages, time outs and bloody adverts every 5 mins.

60 mins of match time, 3 hours to see a whole game - madness.

And now we have a draft entrant 'coming out'

Fair shout to the bloke, but can't help feeling (unfortunately) he's going to regret his decision in the short term. Some GMs are even saying that he will go undrafted because of this. Will be interesting to see how this plays out

And now we have a draft entrant 'coming out'

Fair shout to the bloke, but can't help feeling (unfortunately) he's going to regret his decision in the short term. Some GMs are even saying that he will go undrafted because of this. Will be interesting to see how this plays out

It would be clear to see why if he does get left out. This is the guy who was MVP in his last year of college football.

Archived